Tried many ecigs a few years ago and gave up. Saw the clearomizers and want to try again. Need Suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sund79

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
TN, USA
I was active on this forum a few years ago, trying to get on to vaping only. I tried what seemed like a ton of different ecigs. The huge penstyle.. resold here. the little pink and purple ones with the lights.. the 501s i think (whatever ones had the pcc first) Constantly trying to get the burnt taste out, filling them, fixing the wicking material, charging batteries, batteries breaking, carts leaking in my purse. I finally a bought a Ploom model 1. I still have it and most of the pods (i bought one of each flavor) Didnt really care for it. Gonna try and sell it too. Also got a juice box from one of the members here a few years back. Never even used it. I just got fed up and went back to cigs only.

the stupid filters and batteries and constantly fiddling with everything and having a bad run of batteries made me crazy. By the time I got the ecig ready for the day, I just wanted a real cig.

Then the other day a friend showed me a new ecig she bought. It has a clearomizer I guess. She said she hardly ever has to charge it and it lasts forever. I tried it and it was good.. no burnt taste like I got w/ the others. I am not sure what one she got but she got it at sapphire vapor (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...xPfLe1UffAFYL3apH-tIgIg&bvm=bv.47883778,d.eWU). Now, I feel like I should get back into it. I do not want to smoke analogs forever, but I have spent hundreds of dollars in the past on Ecig stuff, and its just sitting away. I am gonna try (when I get verified) to sell my ploom and juice box and try out something new.. but what?

I would love some suggestions. It seems options are much different from when I last vaped, and it is overwhelming.

I want something easy, long lasting, that I dont have to refill and recharge multiple times daily. Also purse safe! It seemed like the ecig liquid was on everything before. I would like to go on the cheaper. I saw this: NEVS Single Battery Starter Kit Embossed eGo Q 650mAh (Purple Paisley/Purple) | Northeast Vapor Supplies

it looks similar to the one I recently tried and is about 1/2 the cost, but then it may not be as good quality, and I dont want to buy junk, get frustrated and quit trying to vape again, but I also feel the markup here in town at the 1st ecig store is probably pretty high.

Suggestions welcome!! I really want to quit smoking and I feel like I could have a good chance with the ecigs!

Thanks,
Marie

Penn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
In the wilderness
If you don't mind ordering straight from Hong Kong and waiting 8 - 14 days $8.22 EGO-CE6 3-in-1 USB Rechargeable 650mAh Electronic Cigarettes Set - pink / 2.7

Or go a bit higher and get the minimum I recommend - 2 batteries, minimum 2 clearos (on that site the ones I recommend are ce4+ or ce5 since they have replaceable parts) a charger with wall adapter (all of these so far can be ordered as a kit around $17) and some replacement heads for those clearos.

edit - links for my recommended bare minimum

http://www.fasttech.com/products/14...s-6-in-1-usb-rechargeable-900mah-electronic-c

http://www.fasttech.com/products/14...5-ce6-ce7-vivi-nova-atomizer-coil-head-5-pack

Last edited:

candimccann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
Lenexa, KS, US
www.youtube.com
I have actually been to the NEVS brick and mortar store when I still lived in CT. Nice lady running the place. I didn't buy anything but a ce5 and some juice, so I can't really comment on the other hardware, but I recognized it as the same stuff that most vendors are selling. I just figured I would tell you that I've actually been there.

Also, I second the opinion that you should have two batteries, two clearos, and a pack of replacement heads.

Anyhow... Welcome back into the fold :) Best of luck!

sund79

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
TN, USA
Penn,
Wow, that is cheap, and it looks a lot like hers. I wish I would have paid more attention to the details when I tried it. Tried to go by the in town vapor store to see them close up and they were closed. The clear carts w/o the filler look great though. Do they need to be replaced a lot? I wish someone had come up w/ this a few years ago! 2 weeks for that price is no big deal, hers was over 60$, I would have been happy to pay 1/2 that. My husband says if it works he doesn't care, but I have a shoebox filled w/ old ecig stuff so I hate to spend a ton on it. I hope my e liquid is still good.. Its a few years old.. ug. more research!

Thanks, Marie

zyglrox

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2013
Florida
You definitely want an eGo battery. If you're set on that particular kit, it's fine, though a lot of people don't like the clearo in that kit (it tends to have wicking problems because it is a top-coil.) You may like it though. It's not a bad clearo by any means. You'll want to get an extra battery if you go with the 650mah (or any battery, really.) Depending on your vaping habits, one will last about a day on a full charge. Might want to get at least 900mah, or better yet, the Vision Spinner, which is quite inexpensive for double the capacity of the kit you posted and also has adjustable voltage (will give you access to a much better vape and it's as simple as turning the dial as you vape until you get the vape you want.)

To go with it, maybe get a Kanger EVOD. Its my favorite aside from the T3 (though the T3 takes some tinkering with.) They're very popular, so there's plenty of info available on them. They're also cheap (I believe 6-8 dollars for the tank with a head and typically about $2 for replacement heads,) they hold a around 3-4 times as much liquid as your standard carto, the heads last a couple of weeks to a month on average, they have a much cleaner taste than cartos, excellent vapor, and are very easy to fill/care for. You may have to rinse it out once or twice a week or when switching flavor types, but other than that it's fill and vape. Occasionally you will get one that leaks, but it's not a common issue and is easily rectified by replacing the head most of the time.

Last edited:

sund79

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
TN, USA
zyglrox, I am about to look up the stuff you posted. I'm not set on any kit at all, I just want something that works well. I don't want to deal with wicking problems, I had my share of that w/ the old stuff and its so frustrating. I smoke a pack of cigs a day at most. The adjustable voltage is new to me as well. So I should look for a bottom coil cig?

Thanks, Marie

sund79

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
TN, USA
Good to know. I had looked into selling a few years ago and never did, and did notice a lot of the stuff is the same just repackaged. I guess I should get 2 of each.

I have actually been to the NEVS brick and mortar store when I still lived in CT. Nice lady running the place. I didn't buy anything but a ce5 and some juice, so I can't really comment on the other hardware, but I recognized it as the same stuff that most vendors are selling. I just figured I would tell you that I've actually been there.

Also, I second the opinion that you should have two batteries, two clearos, and a pack of replacement heads.

Anyhow... Welcome back into the fold :) Best of luck!

cmccl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
Verdi, NV
I agree with zyglrox. If you spend a bit of time reading the forum posts, it seems the best you can do for the money is a ego twist or vision spinner with Kanger EVODs. Don't be intimidated by not knowing what a Kanger EVOD is! There are videos on youtube and plenty of info on the forum. I got a few recently and they are great. Very easy and trouble free.

Welcome back! Stick around this time! I think things have improved significantly since you last ventured into the vaping world :)

sbc83

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Look into the Evod on fasttech, it's about $3 and is a bottom coil clearomizer (bcc). Many colors to choose from. If you go that route be sure to get some replacement coils as well. That site will have everything you need for reallly low prices. The only catch, as said above, is the 1-1.5 week shipping time.

The ego style batteries are decent, there are a ton of styles to fit your particular taste. I'd suggest a couple 650mahs for on the go, and a couple 1100-1300mah's for the home. Throw in a couple usb chargers, pouch and liquid and you should be well on your way.

The Liqua E-liquid is great for the price and is 100% legit. I'd buy enough supplies to last a bit so that you won't have to worry about running out any time soon.

evods:
https://www.fasttech.com/products/1362600

Evod replacement coils:
https://www.fasttech.com/product/1361500

Batteries, there are probably 100 different types:

https://www.fasttech.com/product/1370101

https://www.fasttech.com/product/1368701

https://www.fasttech.com/product/1306607

Liquids: (scroll through the menu, they have 20 flavors iirc)

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1411/10004083/1297008

The site can be somewhat frustrating to navigate through. Just take your time and pick out what you'd like. :)

Last edited:

zyglrox

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2013
Florida
zyglrox, I am about to look up the stuff you posted. I'm not set on any kit at all, I just want something that works well. I don't want to deal with wicking problems, I had my share of that w/ the old stuff and its so frustrating. I smoke a pack of cigs a day at most. The adjustable voltage is new to me as well. So I should look for a bottom coil cig?
Top coils nowadays are better with the wicking than earlier models, but those long wicks still tend to dry out and have trouble drawing the liquid through the length of them when they start getting below half-full. You have to to tip them up for a minute once you get a dry hit. Since a bottom coil has the wicks and coil on the bottom and thus has them constantly saturated in juice, it never dries out. And because the wicks are so short, liquid is more quickly and easily drawn to the coil. They tend to provide a cooler vape, but also more readily produce vapor and of course do not have wicking problems. You can vape your juice down to the last drop in the tank and it will be as fresh as the first puff after filling it. I wouldn't say don't get a top coil, as there are some fine ones out there, but I would absolutely recommend something with a bottom-coil design. With an eGo battery, you have plenty of good options, since most clearos out there are either eGo or 510 threaded. The eGo battery has both. With how cheap most clearos are, you might as well try both types.

Variable voltage is just nice to have, but for a few dollars more, why not? It doesn't really complicate things. You literally just dial in your ideal vape. You start on the lowest setting and slowly dial it up until you find the sweet spot. It's good to have, as different juices vape better with more or less power. The same goes for delivery systems. They are also regulated. A non-adjustable ego has higher-than-average power when it comes of the charger and lower-than-average power when the charge becomes more depleted. A variable voltage ego has the same power from start to finish, so the vape is more consistent.

Last edited:
IMO if you are unsure, having spent money on previous and older tech and not being satisfied maybe investing in a starter set like you listed is the best bet - you can always grow up to the fancier stuff once your hooked on vaping with something simple that meets your other specifications.

I started with a off label ego-c and a clearomizer that came with a usb charger (sans wall adapter) that I paid $25.00 for. Still have and use that puppy but that $25.00 investment sold me back to vaping when the first experience was not only costly but unsatisfying - like smoking burnt cotton, it was just chrome and the clearomizer was clear and it had nothing impressive to look at and use, only thing I had to learn was not to drip into the center tube. It was just what you say you are looking for.

Thats a nice kit you linked to - I have the same one and use it alot and never have had any issues. Its not as basic as the starter I started with but its a trooper and you can just charge, fill and vape. The Ego Q gives a great vape, as far as I am concerned and just has nothing much that can go wrong

I think a good basic starter model - without varying voltage and worrying about the right resistances of cols for volts or different coils, or sing or dual and all the other things you can grow into is the best way to start. No fear of investing tons of money in something your not yet 100% you will stay with given the previous experience.

I did notice that same site has a few other and cheaper starter sets - ego -c for example, some of which come with 2 ego-c and clearomizers for a bit less that that kit that you might want to consider as a base starter. One reason to consider 2 is that if the change in tech grabs you like it has me - you are going to want that backup charging for when the charge on the one your using wears off.

Passthrough is not bad either - you can vape while charging:

http://www.nevapor.com/collections/...joyetech-ego-c-650mah-passthrough-upgrade-kit

Last edited:

zyglrox

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2013
Florida
In spite of what I've said, that's sound advice. Things aren't like before where it was sort of a crapshoot. The market has flourished and there have sure been a lot of innovations along the way. And it is perhaps because of that that even the simplest of options are actually pretty good. There are a lot of much better vapes out there for cheaper. You have a lot more options now, sure, but the key difference is that most of them are pretty good. All of them have their tradeoffs, but I don't think you can go wrong with any sort of eGo setup. Although there are a lot of possible configurations, all of them are most likely far superior to what you started with. We've come a looooong way since then. You probably won't be disappointed with whatever you go with in that regard, though those of us with more experience have our own preferences. The VV models do tend to run at 20-30 dollars, but you don't need them to have a good vape. You'll probably want new gear in the future, but this time it'll be because the cheap stuff was so good!

If you're really worried about losing your investment, then go American. Chinese vendors offer the same products for cheaper, but usually don't do refunds. If you don't like what you've got, you can usually at the very least get a refund on the batteries. Do look into a vendor's policy before buying if you're concerned about it, though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread