Suburbs of Dallas
What's the hammer peeps?

Hammer mod...

2014_full_mech_mod_hammer_clone_mod.jpg_350x350.jpg

SnesGuy

Verified Member
Feb 28, 2014
Southern California
I have the fasttech hammer clone in SS, replaced the top cap and button with brass ones from a king, & a kraken clone.

Love the thing, hits great with my build, looks sexy. only downsides is it looks like crap if not used in 18350 mode IMO, so I carry a few spares when I'm using it. Been using it more than my Tesla or VTR lately to tell the truth.

BeRight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2009
Ellicott City, Maryland
Don't forget to post in pipe section - i have one on the way from fast tech as well. Always been a pipe fan - but hard to find a solid pipe at a reasonable price. So I ordered this clone to mod.

epipe vv/vw - the ones I have seen don't look like pipes to me

Best looking ones to me are the ones people have modded: reversed polarity and added kick device to them

still many suffer voltage drop - crappy switches - see allot of switching out top cap and buttons - adding magnets/etc..

In 18350 configuration does look good - just keep a few spares handy. Batteries are small and light.

SnesGuy

Verified Member
Feb 28, 2014
Southern California
still many suffer voltage drop - crappy switches - see allot of switching out top cap and buttons - adding magnets/etc..

I don't think I even tried mine stock. After hearing about all the issues I ordered a brass king at the same time and immediately swapped out

I wanted a mixed style anyway, the issues only justified me ordering a king aswell =P

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
I got what I thought was a hammer clone from the Tampa VCC.
I just KNEW it had to be a clone! It was only $35, and they go for double that in a store!

Now, I'm not sure. I thought the original had the knurling, but this one is smooth.
It has never had problems firing.
image.jpg . image.jpg

It's a nice solid, heavy pipe that works very well.
I guess that in the end, I would like to know if is a clone just so I can identify it as such when people ask.

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX
I snagged the TOBECO version for $50 back when it first hit the market (check my avatar pick for explanation.) I really wish I'd spent that money on something else because it's not that great as far as mech mods go. The machining is poor, voltage drop is horrible and it's a pain in the ... getting those 18350s out of brass/delrin sleeve.

You can pick one up for $25 if you're into style points because it does look really cool with an 18350. There's just no way this could be anyone's daily go-to mech though.

sklar0321

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Montreal, QC, Canada
Thank you Completely Average! Do you have one?

sklar, the package is going out tomorrow:) I didn't forget about you!:toast:

Yay! Thanks Peeps :)

Ahhh cool! Had no clue what the hammer was, thanks for the info guys. I see a couple of guys at the local B&M vaping on hammers. Definitely look interesting and cool!

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth
I snagged the TOBECO version for $50 back when it first hit the market (check my avatar pick for explanation.) I really wish I'd spent that money on something else because it's not that great as far as mech mods go. The machining is poor, voltage drop is horrible and it's a pain in the ... getting those 18350s out of brass/delrin sleeve.

You can pick one up for $25 if you're into style points because it does look really cool with an 18350. There's just no way this could be anyone's daily go-to mech though.

Yeah, I've read some horror stories about that Tobeco version, especially those first batches. Pretty much a paper weight with terrible machining to boot. Batteries barely fit etc etc. Shame...

I have an Hcigar version I won awhile ago that performs highly decent out of the box as is, and the machining is very impressive. Spring loaded pin performs fine. It's not the voltage drop dream that a Stingray is, but it's around .2-ish Volts. Both Efest and AW 18350's and 18490's slip in and out easily with a simple tilt. Have a hybrid adapter and brass spacers on it's way so I can throw the high amp dual coil stuff on it in 18650 reverse cap assembled and not chance stressing the 510 pin spring (atty sits atop the battery tubes, maintains the pipe look/hold/feel).

If I didn't have a couple Reos as my daily drivers, the Hammer I own would most definitely be it. Huge fan of the way it holds and vapes; so much better than a tube mech. Maybe I got lucky and have a diamond if the ruff among clones? Nah.. I'd say if anyone is looking to pick one up, search out the newer Hcigar version, I can verify from mine at least that it's good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread