Status
Not open for further replies.

chesty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Sydney, Australia
has anyone measured how long they last in terms of tanks?

I just received 2 1300mah batteries, they last one tank, but then they just die, no flashing led to say charge me, doesn't respond to 5 presses, just dead. They charge OK after that, but i'm wondering why it's doing that and if I'm getting a full 1300mah out of them.

chesty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Sydney, Australia
the batteries came fully charged, and did it before I ever got to charge them, i was just vaping away and it stopped dead. thought that was weird, charged it up, it charged fine, took longer to charge than my 650mah batteries, which I would expect, and worked normally again until it stopped dead again.

I also have 2 month old 650mah batteries that use the same charger, and they are fine.

But what I'd love to know is how many tanks a 1300mah battery lasts for.

Mine is 1 tank with a 2.2

chesty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Sydney, Australia
i just used a different triton charger then, this charger was brand new, came in the same package as my batteries a few days ago.
I screwed the dead battery on and plugged the charger in, the light on the battery flashed a few times, but the light on the charger was blue, then after a few minutes the blue and red light were on on the charger, then a few minutes more, just the red light was on.
The red light was on for 30 minutes, then it turned blue. A bit quick I thought. vaped with it, it lasted 1/2 a tank.
I don't suppose anyone else here has ordered and received a 1300mah in the last week?

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
i just used a different triton charger then, this charger was brand new, came in the same package as my batteries a few days ago.
I screwed the dead battery on and plugged the charger in, the light on the battery flashed a few times, but the light on the charger was blue, then after a few minutes the blue and red light were on on the charger, then a few minutes more, just the red light was on.
The red light was on for 30 minutes, then it turned blue. A bit quick I thought. vaped with it, it lasted 1/2 a tank.
I don't suppose anyone else here has ordered and received a 1300mah in the last week?

Hhhmmm, odd..I haven't measure how long my batts last w/tanks because I rotate tanks so much. As well as all my batts. Some of my batts last 4-5 days before recharging, just cuz I use them less (like my smaller batts)

chesty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Sydney, Australia
i usually put my batteries on charge before they flash when i change flavours, and never having a 1300mah battery before, i don't know how long they are suppose to last. so I've been measuring them. The last one was definitely amiss, it didn't charge long enough, and half a tank is too short, i think i get a tank out of my 650mah batteries, but I'm going to test that tomorrow.

chesty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Sydney, Australia
i don't think it's as simple as 1300mAh = 13 hours. It would if there was a constant 100mA load on the battery, but there isn't, there's a 1700mA load on the battery periodically.
in terms of hours isn't as meaningful to me as in terms of tanks.
i figure whether it takes you an hour to go through a tank or 12 hours, it would use roughly the same amount of energy from the battery.

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
Interesting thread.
My 2 centavos. I think I vape a lot. Aside from sleeping and showering, the damn thing has been either in my hand, or within my grasp for the 5 weeks I've had it.

The 650mAh lasts me a day. It dies around noon, and I switch bats. I'm always changing tanks, also, so your question is hard to answer for me.

But I like your thinking. A bat of a given mAh should consume a set quantity of fluid. I'll try to watch this.

chesty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Sydney, Australia
thanks badlar, that's what I measured the first time, 1 tank, but the second time was 1/2 a tank after a charge that seemed too quick.

yeah dave, I'm always swapping tanks and batteries, like most people I'd say, I usually put the battery on charge before it flashes. but as a test I stayed on the one tank for the entire battery. It's not hard to do with tribeca. ;)

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
yeah dave, I'm always swapping tanks and batteries, like most people I'd say, I usually put the battery on charge before it flashes. but as a test I stayed on the one tank for the entire battery. It's not hard to do with tribeca. ;)

These are Lithium Ion bats, right? We use these in the mini r/c helicopters. When the bats charge is almost out, the on board electronics senses a Low Voltage Cutoff. It flashes the LEDs, and gives you very little power, you can't do much else than lose altitude with some maneuverability. The manufacturers caution against always flying until the cutoff. If you know it happens after 9 minutes, they say stop at 8 minutes, and it will greatly increase the cycle life of the battery.

I'm wondering if the same is true for these bats. I'll try stopping use when I sense I'm close to empty, rather than wait for the bat to die.

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
The cell inside these is 12mm, an odd size. They are not top rate cells; they're 2nd or 3rd rate. No one makes a 12mm cell (by 65mm) with a 1'300 mAh capacity (they're custom made for this purpose). I should know, I bought a couple of hobby cells for $2.50 each (same size but different capacity: 1'000 mAh).

Point is, if they're faulty, as these seem to be, you'd do well to talk to Halo CS (Customer Service) and see what they can do for you.

chesty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Sydney, Australia
i'm talking with halo ben, but the weekend got in the way, I'm guessing like normal people they don't work on the weekends.
but I also wanted to see if I could get some feedback from their customers about how long they should last for.
if it was just an issue of no flashing led before cut out, I would live with it. but it seems to be more than that now.

chesty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Sydney, Australia
halo offered to resend, or credit my account.
I figured a credit would work out cheaper for them since they don't have to ship to australia.
I'll reorder the batteries the next sale they have when I order some more juice, so I'd be paying for shipping then anyway.
it won't cost either of us extra then.
Hopefully it was just a bad batch, and the next batteries will be the normal top shelf quality.
thanks halo.

Bravesfan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2013
Grand Island, NE, USA
I just got a 1300mah battery and it lasts me about 24 hours.

I cycle thru six tanks so I can't say how much juice I go thru though.

Just got a resolution with Halo about the 2 650mah batteries I received on 10/9 that died one day apart on 11/19 and 11/20.

Halo told me to send them back and they will replace them.

You probably got a faulty battery like I did.

Frustrating I know, but at least CS does the right thing.

Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread