Triton 2 and mouth to lung vaping with ceramic coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

suprcharg

Dec 31, 2015
I can't figure out why my Triton 2 tank is burning my Aspire authentic cotton 1.8 coils at a lowsey 11 watts. This obviously makes for a terrible taste. After going through only 1 tank of juice, you can see it turning the liquid real dark when you add more. I just ordered some new liquid just in case the Apollo cappuccino juice could possibly be the cause.
I'm wondering if anyone is using the ceramic coils for mouth to lung vaping successfully?
Do they make 1.8 ceramics for this style? The idea of ceramic seems brilliant.

Last edited:

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Could be various reasons.
Colored or dark or thick or NET's and especially sweet liquids tend to gunk coils & clog wicking material rapidly.
What power device are you using?
PG/VG ratio?
Do you see bubbles rise from the wicking holes?
Are all gaskets & seals intact, in place & undamaged?
Are you properly priming new/unused heads before installing in base?

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Prime a new / unused head by dripping drops of liquid on the exposed wicking material in the wicking holes and or down the top on the wicking material until fully saturated.
Then install in base, fill tank, start off at a lower power than you would normally use to allow the head to 'break in' and to ensure it is wicking properly to prevent scorching/burning the wicking material.
Be sure the head is tight into the base.
When filling make sure to turn the top portion back from the fill position to the vape position.

Are you using colored or dark or thick or NET's or sweet liquids?
After every few vapes do you see bubbles rise from the wicking holes? (indicating the head is wicking liquid)
Are all gaskets & seals intact, in place & undamaged?
If an o ring or seal isn't sealing it won't wick correctly.
Sometimes an old o ring from a head sticks in the base, when you install a new one it won't seal, leaks into the base.

What air flow setting are you using? (wide open/half/less)
Are you drawing on it sharply/ hard & fast or kinda slow & smooth?
Too restrictive airflow too hard/fast inhale = flooding the head, excess liquid drains into air tube then into base below head.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
Everything he said above is correct but I would like to add that with ceramic coils I always let them soak in the e-liquid overnight before first use. That is the only way I can ensure they will wick properly the next day. My experience is with Vaporesso coils but I imagine all ceramic might benefit from this approach. If I try to prime and use them as I would a cotton coil I get too many problems including burnt and dry hits.

suprcharg

Dec 31, 2015
I may have misspoke. The issues I'm having are with authentic aspire 1.8 cotton coils. I edited the OP to be more specific :)
I'm wanting to switch to ceramic because it seems that there's less chance at a burnt wick. I suppose it could just be the coils burning this particular juice. That would realllly suck as that Apollo Cappuccino is killer flavor and a great value. Very hard to find a good coffee flavor that's not over priced.

I run it at about 85% closed and take a nice smooth hit. just like when I spoked regular cigarettes :)

Conversely my friends runs his Uwell crown straight to lung, .5 ohm, 35 watts and his coils last forever and the flavor is always as it should be.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
I use ceramic coils for DL vaping in my Gemini tank. I am not aware of ceramic coils at 1.8 ohms for MTL vaping. Those that I have are all sub ohm. I also have an Aspire Nautilus that I use with 1.8 ohm Aspire coils for MTL. I will warn you that there are a ton of fake Aspire coils on the market. I have also on occasion received new coils that did exactly what you describe even though they were properly primed. Turned out they were fake. Almost impossible to tell by looking at them or at the box. If the coils is tuning the ejuice dark the coil is defective/burnt and nothing will save it. Clean the tank prime a new coil and change the coil.

shortwizard

Oct 11, 2009
NC
I've been using the Triton 1.8 coils in my Melo2 tank for well over a year with few problems, unless I use a really sweet juice. But the last 4 boxes I've gotten, while authentic, don't look right. I go through a coil in a few days, with the same liquid I was using before, no change in wattage. The cotton barely covers the wires, I just don't think they're normal. I don't remember them looking like this.

Attachments

• IMG_20170110_180221.jpg
    IMG_20170110_180221.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20170110_180205.jpg
    IMG_20170110_180205.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 40
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread