Triton Battery boo boo

Status
Not open for further replies.

chellemakepeace

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2013
Atlanta
I just wanted to alert all of you fellow Halo lovers out there, I ordered two Triton batteries, so pretty, SO excited when I got them, and then, I charged them, using a charger that fit, but was not purchased from Halo...

well, to my horror, I totally burned them up. Totally MY bad, but only later in the FAQ on the website did I find, that these batteries MUST have the specific charger made for them.

Please do not make the same mistake I did, the warranty does not cover stupid mistakes like this one, and both my brand new Triton beauties have to go in the trash. :(

Just a heads up...:)

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
I have a G6 and have started looking at Tritons for longer battery life. I've seen several people who wrecked Triton batteries in their G6 charger, and it makes me a little hesitant to add a Triton myself. I know they have different chargers with different logos/print on them, but obviously it's not hard to make this mistake. Maybe the Triton USB charger should be a different color.

boxcarmike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
Henderson,NV
Well, caution is great, but, there are those brain-dead distracted times:facepalm:
And now there's there's the g6 chargers with HALO markings coming back (not the original 'mistake' batch), go to your Halo B&M and ask to see the retail starter. Surprise, more chances to fry your Triton :blink::glare:
So, I've resorted to wrapping all my G6 charger bases, no matter what the logo in blue painters tape. Even at my most brain-dead moments I can't mess up now:laugh:
Course if Halo had made all Triton chargers blue we wouldn't have to keep re-visiting this:ohmy::p

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Well, caution is great, but, there are those brain-dead distracted times:facepalm:
And now there's there's the g6 chargers with HALO markings coming back (not the original 'mistake' batch), go to your Halo B&M and ask to see the retail starter. Surprise, more chances to fry your Triton :blink::glare:
So, I've resorted to wrapping all my G6 charger bases, no matter what the logo in blue painters tape. Even at my most brain-dead moments I can't mess up now:laugh:
Course if Halo had made all Triton chargers blue we wouldn't have to keep re-visiting this:ohmy::p

Lol, at least you used blue. I just used regular "tan" masking tape on put it on the G6 chargers and wrote a big G6 just in case those nites of drinking made me forget and think I put the tape on the Triton batt!

Would have been great if they were different colors or better marked.

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
Here's the first one, after a preliminary teardown:
(the cell is a 14650, 1'300 mAh)
Halo_teardown.jpg
(I really hope Cinder's cool with this!)

Last edited:

boxcarmike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
Henderson,NV
Here's the first one, after a preliminary teardown:
(the cell is a 14650, 1'300 mAh)
View attachment 252674
(I really hope Cinder's cool with this!)

Maybe if you fix them Cinder will give you a job traveling around the country fixing in-warranted hardware so she doesn't have to keep hearing the complaints of paying for return postage ! :laugh:

MTM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
The usb charger that I got awhile back with my VV Triton looked exactly like the one I got with the G6 Starter kit that I originally purchased. So I took the G6 Sticker of the CARTO 5 pack container and put it on the G6 charger and cut a hole so the red/blue light shines through.
I didnt do anything to the Triton one except carve a big T on the back with a knife lol. I guess I could bust out the label maker.

Do the transclucent Triton Batteries have the same feel to the touch as the jet black? I really like the smooth feel of the Halo Batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread