The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Triton Battery boo boo

Discussion in 'Halo' started by chellemakepeace, Sep 6, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. chellemakepeace

chellemakepeace Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 12, 2013
    Atlanta
    I just wanted to alert all of you fellow Halo lovers out there, I ordered two Triton batteries, so pretty, SO excited when I got them, and then, I charged them, using a charger that fit, but was not purchased from Halo...

well, to my horror, I totally burned them up. Totally MY bad, but only later in the FAQ on the website did I find, that these batteries MUST have the specific charger made for them.

Please do not make the same mistake I did, the warranty does not cover stupid mistakes like this one, and both my brand new Triton beauties have to go in the trash. :(

Just a heads up...:)

2. jefsview

jefsview Vaping Master ECF Veteran

May 2, 2013
    Crete, Il
    Yes, they are not generic EGO batteries and need to use their own charger -- the Triton Charger, not the G6 or any ego charger.

3. chellemakepeace

Jul 12, 2013
    Atlanta
    yes, I have learned this the hard way...I ordered replacement however, AND the correct charger, TWO of them! ha

4. BigBen2k

BigBen2k Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    MA, USA
    Do you still have the dead batteries?

I need to strip one for parts (special project). I'll cover shipping; PM me?

5. chellemakepeace

Jul 12, 2013
    Atlanta
  6. BigBen2k

Jul 1, 2013
    MA, USA
    Great!

I want to see if it's possible to swap the 14500 cell in it, and/or re-use the connector on an eGo-RS VV. :)

ed: I can post pictures, if anyone's interested, within the relevance of this forum, and the rest elsewhere.

7. chellemakepeace

Jul 12, 2013
    Atlanta
    I dont know what you just said, but you can have them :)

8. HeadInClouds

HeadInClouds Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 2, 2013
    I have a G6 and have started looking at Tritons for longer battery life. I've seen several people who wrecked Triton batteries in their G6 charger, and it makes me a little hesitant to add a Triton myself. I know they have different chargers with different logos/print on them, but obviously it's not hard to make this mistake. Maybe the Triton USB charger should be a different color.

9. chellemakepeace

Jul 12, 2013
    Atlanta
    just use caution when plugging in anything into a charger. I have seriously learned my lesson! :(

They were so pretty!

10. BigBen2k

Jul 1, 2013
    MA, USA
    Eh wait; what color were they? :D

(it doesn't matter)

11. chellemakepeace

Jul 12, 2013
    Atlanta
    the beautiful rainbow ones...they say transclucent, or something similar, but they are kinda just a swirly tie dyed color :) ENJOY :D

12. boxcarmike

boxcarmike Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2013
    Henderson,NV
    Well, caution is great, but, there are those brain-dead distracted times:facepalm:
    And now there's there's the g6 chargers with HALO markings coming back (not the original 'mistake' batch), go to your Halo B&M and ask to see the retail starter. Surprise, more chances to fry your Triton :blink::glare:
    So, I've resorted to wrapping all my G6 charger bases, no matter what the logo in blue painters tape. Even at my most brain-dead moments I can't mess up now:laugh:
    Course if Halo had made all Triton chargers blue we wouldn't have to keep re-visiting this:ohmy::p

13. chellemakepeace

Jul 12, 2013
    Atlanta
    great idea, special batt's that need special chargers should have a color code for us. :)

14. AngiBe

AngiBe Vapeaholic Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    Indy, IN
    Lol, at least you used blue. I just used regular "tan" masking tape on put it on the G6 chargers and wrote a big G6 just in case those nites of drinking made me forget and think I put the tape on the Triton batt!

Would have been great if they were different colors or better marked.

15. BigBen2k

Jul 1, 2013
    MA, USA
    Got'em, thanks!

These are the nice 1'300 mAh! You've got dibs if I can fix'em. ;)

They are ... colorful. :glare:

16. BigBen2k

Jul 1, 2013
    MA, USA
    Here's the first one, after a preliminary teardown:
    (the cell is a 14650, 1'300 mAh)
    Halo_teardown.jpg
    (I really hope Cinder's cool with this!)

17. boxcarmike

boxcarmike Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2013
    Henderson,NV
    Maybe if you fix them Cinder will give you a job traveling around the country fixing in-warranted hardware so she doesn't have to keep hearing the complaints of paying for return postage ! :laugh:

18. BigBen2k

Jul 1, 2013
    MA, USA
    They can send them to me :p

I'm thinking of swapping the circuit board for a "programmable" VV. It's a tiny little board that fits inside the head. But then I'd have to mod a charger for it :glare:

They're really not hard to take apart, once you figure out the first step (remove the head).

19. MTM

MTM Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2013
    The usb charger that I got awhile back with my VV Triton looked exactly like the one I got with the G6 Starter kit that I originally purchased. So I took the G6 Sticker of the CARTO 5 pack container and put it on the G6 charger and cut a hole so the red/blue light shines through.
    I didnt do anything to the Triton one except carve a big T on the back with a knife lol. I guess I could bust out the label maker.

Do the transclucent Triton Batteries have the same feel to the touch as the jet black? I really like the smooth feel of the Halo Batteries.

20. Wyldefyre

Wyldefyre Full Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Northern MN USA
    They are very similar in finish and feel, the iridescence may be a bit less textured,(more smooth) at least imo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.