Triton v2 tank not working with steampunk 120w help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluexEyedxWolf

Nov 22, 2017
I just bought a new Tesla steampunk 120-watt mod under the impression that my Aspire Triton V2 tank would work on it like the associates said it would. But whenever I put the tank on The Mod and try to fire it, "teslacigs" just flashes across the screen repeatedly. I have removed the tank and put on my Nautilus, and it works fine. This leads me to believe that there is something going on with the Triton and steampunk connection. Any recommendations for possible fixes before I go out and buy a new tank? And also can someone recommend a tank like the Triton that has adjustable airflow, holds a holds a good capacity of juice, and might possibly use the .5 Clapton coils? Thanks for your help!

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Sounds like a connection issue to me, honestly, although it's odd that would be the case. You could try lifting the 510 pin up gently to see if that improves things, it may have gotten a little stuck, or you could try unscrewing the 510 pin on the tank. If you look at the tank bottom closely you will see there's a slot for a screwdriver, and you could turn it a few turns to make it looser....

If you want a versatile new tank that takes a lot of different coils, I'd recommend the ECU C-cell coil, Vaporesso makes them, it's a housing with coils of all kinds of resistances that you can use, and the coils are fairly easy to rebuild, though I haven't taken a shot at one yet, and some do TC which is nice. The Vaporesso tank that takes them is quite large but that may not be an issue on the steampunk, although other tanks will take those coils too, quite a few of them... There's a thread about that coil system on here somewhere, might be worth finding it and taking a look at it.

Best of luck,

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: halbgott

BluexEyedxWolf

Nov 22, 2017
Sounds like a connection issue to me, honestly, although it's odd that would be the case. You could try lifting the 510 pin up gently to see if that improves things, it may have gotten a little stuck, or you could try unscrewing the 510 pin on the tank. If you look at the tank bottom closely you will see there's a slot for a screwdriver, and you could turn it a few turns to make it looser....
/QUOTE]

I'm not sure I see where you are referring to, The pin on the tank can actually get pushed out if you tried to apply pressure I believe.
Thanks for the tank advice as well!

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Those two should play nice together. Sadly, when you hit a freak incident when nothing works after the normal checks I guess you give in and buy another tank.

I have seen both your mod and have used that tank. If there is no connection, maybe the 510 pin on the base of the tank simply isn't protruding (long) enough. Hard to say.

BluexEyedxWolf

Nov 22, 2017
Those two should play nice together. Sadly, when you hit a freak incident when nothing works after the normal checks I guess you give in and buy another tank.

I have seen both your mod and have used that tank. If there is no connection, maybe the 510 pin on the base of the tank simply isn't protruding (long) enough. Hard to say.

Any idea if I can find longer 510 pins online? The one in the Triton seem to be able to pushed out and it is making me wonder if maybe I can try a new pin before buying a new tank.

• Agree

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Any idea if I can find longer 510 pins online? The one in the Triton seem to be able to pushed out and it is making me wonder if maybe I can try a new pin before buying a new tank.
I have pulled out pins from the base of Aspire tanks (just to make the connection) but wouldn't feel able to advise about using an aftermarket or other one. Some bases are straightforward enough, you can see how the two ends of the 'pin' touch the base of the coil and the 510 in the mod. Of course, if you pull it out too far, it then doesn't meet the base of the coil, so then, yes you'd need a longer pin.

BluexEyedxWolf

Nov 22, 2017
I tested out my Nautilus and it seemed to work with the steampunk but you could also see that the pin protrudes further than the Triton. But they both work with my istick 40 watt.

Attachments

• 20171122_165135.jpg
    20171122_165135.jpg
    465.4 KB · Views: 9

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I tested out my Nautilus and it seemed to work with the steampunk but you could also see that the pin protrudes further than the Triton. But they both work with my istick 40 watt.

I'm sure. The thing is no two mods are made to the same specification (or even QC/tolerances at the factory). Curiously, my favorite take to work tank is almost fully screwed down onto one of my mods and can barely 'catch' on something like the Battlestar, for example.
I'm not saying this is what is going on, but guessing from a distance, maybe.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I also want to add that I did try to pull the pin down a little further in the triton to see if that would help, but the steampunk pushed it back up to its original position

Oh, that's interesting. Can you gauge that it definitely touches but not screw it down further. There's only so many tweaks you can mess with. I think (mmm...) it is also possible for certain bases to malfunction when everything gets squashed up. I think I had that once or twice as well.

BluexEyedxWolf

Nov 22, 2017
Oh, that's interesting. Can you gauge that it definitely touches but not screw it down further. There's only so many tweaks you can mess with. I think (mmm...) it is also possible for certain bases to malfunction when everything gets squashed up. I think I had that once or twice as well.

Hmmm let me try this out

BluexEyedxWolf

Nov 22, 2017
GUYS I THINK I MIGHT BE ONTO SOMETHING! I talked to Tech guy from a website and we started talking about coils, long story short I used a 1.8ohm coil that came with my Triton 2 and everything synced up just fine!!! Now I don't plan on using 1.8ohm coils but I'm wondering if for some reason the Steampunk mod might not recognize the 0.5 clapton coils... I am determined to ride this out though and I plan on buying some 0.4ohm coils after the holidays to test my theory. When I find out what wrong you better believe I will post it here!!!

• Optimistic

BluexEyedxWolf

Nov 22, 2017
I'm doubtful it's the coil, though I guess it's possible, I don't think the steampunk has issues recognizing coils, but maybe the tech guy knows something I do not, it's entirely possible and quite likely. Good luck, and I'm admiring your determination. :)

Anna

Thanks Anna! Where there's a will, there's a way!

BluexEyedxWolf

Nov 22, 2017
Hi and welcome. Almost certainly a bad connection. Either you have a short stem on the tank, or the mod has a bad 510 connector. Since it's new. take it back to the store and let them figure it out.

It might have a bad connection but the fact that the tank worked after switching coils is very curious, I definitely plan on exchanging it if I try .4ohm coils on it and ita not successful.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
It might have a bad connection but the fact that the tank worked after switching coils is very curious, I definitely plan on exchanging it if I try .4ohm coils on it and ita not successful.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Different coils may change the electrical connection problem, hard to tell.
I have found that mods differ in electrical sensitivity with regards to the amount of insulation between the center pin and mod +/- separation.
If you are handy. could make or buy a new center pin head insulated washer. Your "under the pin" head insulated washer is probably crushed (shortening out) and needs replacement.
Something (may have to modify) along the lines of the W850:
Nylon Special Flat Washers [Nylon Special Flat Washers] : E&T Fasteners, Industrial Fasteners and Components
For making my insulating washers,I have a hand operated leather spoked wheel multiple hole punch that works nicely on plastic sheeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread