Kit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2008
UK
DSC01046-2.jpg

by Kit.

SCREWDRIVER'S HISTORY

back in the day when the e-cigarette forum was new.Trog was already designing device's and coming up with solutions for poor battery performance in e-cigs.

this was one of his first creations

the generics cigar battery that was original in this cigar, was not up to the job of powering the device properly.

the generic cigar battery produces 350 mah,and just isn't enough for more than a few minutes of decent smoke production..

so Trog created this...it produced 4.8 volts and lots of smoke.

e-cig.jpg

problem with this one was it just wasn't practical enough.

he then started looking at the DSE901 with this being the best generic
on the market.

but the 901 sufferers with poor battery performance as well.

electronic cigarettes with batteries the SIZE of a cigarette DO!

a DSE901 battery is about 130 mah

there just to small to do the job properly, so there battery performance, and life are short lived.

6 months later trog surprises the forum with the solution!

THE SCREWDRIVER

DSC01047.jpg

i received my screwdriver of trog last week, and the first thing you notice is how beautifully made it is.

i screwed the atomizer into the screwdriver's body it has a nice feel to it,and fits snuggly.

when the atomizer is screwed in to the screwdrivers body the join between atomizer and screwdriver are hidden in the screwdrivers neck.
DSC01056.jpg

i inserted the 1000 mah battery into the screwdriver's body,and screwed the body together.

again it has a feel of good quality construction.

DSC01058.jpg

primed the atomizer with 36mg and filled a empty cart,pushed the manual button and WOW now that's e-smoking!

the power delivery of this device is awesome!

with a 1000 mah capacity battery, there's no wimpy vapour there's plumes of vapour.

well this is a good start i thought lets see how it is in the next few hours.

i started smoking the screwdriver at 9 am, thinking the battery should be dropping of by at least early afternoon.

the battery didn't drop of until the next day!

but don't forget i was using 36mg so the device wasn't permanently welded to my face.

i would say i was using it about every half hour.

someone who's is a moderate e-smoker, the screwdriver could easily last them 2 days of use, no problem.

a heavy smoker with constant use, i would say about 8 hours of high performance.

i really like the manual switch, if you press it for about a second,
before you start sucking,

it cooks the juice nicely so when you do suck the atomizer chamber is full of vapour.

with the 901 battery the atomizer isn't triggered until you start puffing on the device,.

with the screwdriver you press the manual give it a second then inhale
or to persevere atomizer life,do a primer puff.

its takes a split second for the screwdriver to start cooking the juice.

the other thing you notice is how well made this device is it feels solid when held.

Ive already dropped it a couple of times, and because of its solid construction, it survived no problems.

it would properly with stand a flight of stairs hehe

but i aint chancing it.

DSC01051.jpg

The advantages of the screwdriver are it has several hour's running time between charges even for heavy users..

the screwdriver will last months and cut down your e-cig running costs dramatically.

901 batteries give good performance for about 2 weeks this is debatable,but most hardcore 901 users will agree.

so if you replace your 901's every 2 weeks..that's four batteries per month,or sixteen over four months.

eBay sells 901 batteries for £8 plus £2 P&P

that a total of £10

the screwdrivers batteries with P&P cost £3.50

the screwdrivers batteries will last at least four months before they die.

so the cost for running the screwdriver over four months = £3.50

the cost for running a 901 over four months is £160.00

make your own mind up !

the original pictures that were posted didn't really give a good idea of the size of the screwdriver its far smaller than you think.

its small enough to fit in the palm of your hand, and when used your fingers cover the whole of the device,so it works well when out and about!

DSC01048.jpg

the screwdriver with the ruyan bling and dse901 size comparison.

DSC01060.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

there's no doubt about it the screwdriver is a credit to trog, and his screwdriver is a glimpse into the future of e-smoking ,and how the power issues will be resolved

Janty are already designing a rumoured "zippo lighter" shaped e-cig.

which will house a bigger battery to resolve the power issue, and will cost more than screwdriver.

and i doubt it will be, as well made.

other manufacturers will also follow suit eventually,but while there's a demand

for a cigarette shaped device this wont be happening soon......

the screwdriver is available to buy of Trog

for £99

for this you will receive....

One Screwdriver device..

Length: 80mm without atomizer / 130mm with atomiser

Width: 21mm at its widest point

Weight: 55g with battery and cartridge

Two 901 atomisers.. shiny finish..

Two 1000 mah (rated) rechargeable lithium batteries..

One nano charger.. US plug (100-240vac)..

One ten ml bottle of 24 mg flu cured dripping fluid..

Five carts to top up with the fluid..

there's also a screwdriver forum for support advice tips and trick's,general maintenance e.t.c.

different screwdriver heads will be available soon,so different brands of atomizers can be used.

screwdriverweb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

futbol9

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2008
Thank you trog. However I would like to see this device in action. is there any way you can post a video using the trog screwdriver? That would help a lot. I already have the janty classic and the 901 and I am happy, however if the battery last that long, produces a lot of vapor and gives you a throat hit like a real cigarette, then I won't hasitate to buy this device. Thank you

Bond_ James Bond

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2008
USA
Thank you trog. However I would like to see this device in action. is there any way you can post a video using the trog screwdriver? That would help a lot. I already have the janty classic and the 901 and I am happy, however if the battery last that long, produces a lot of vapor and gives you a throat hit like a real cigarette, then I won't hasitate to buy this device. Thank you
maybe, trog will send a screwdriver to Leaford . I will love to see a video review of this device , made by Leaford :)

optional

Oct 15, 2008
UK
Hi Kit,

I'm a first time poster looking for a Christmas present for my Dad.

Thank you for the very interesting review. I think there may be a small problem with your maths:

if you replace your 901's every 2 weeks..that's four batteries per month,or sixteen over four months.

eBay sells 901 batteries for £8 plus £2 P&P

that a total of £10

the screwdrivers batteries with P&P cost £3.50

the screwdrivers batteries will last at least four months before they die.

so the cost for running the screwdriver over four months = £3.50

the cost for running a 901 over four months is £160.00

If you need a new 901 battery every two weeks = 2 per month = 8 in four months.

If 901 batteries = £10 each, then cost for four months = £80

Or do you mean you would normally use two 901 batteries every two weeks?

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but this is all new to me :)

Bond_ James Bond

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2008
USA
seeing a video made by leaford would amuse me too.. he will have to buy one thow to make it.. bless him.. he he he

trog
I think that you are better of giving him one if your device is as good as people say it is, because Leaford (if he likes it ) can boost your sales.
I , like many others take Leaford reviews very seriously and trust his advice more then anybody else :thumb: .

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
Hi Kit,

I'm a first time poster looking for a Christmas present for my Dad.

Thank you for the very interesting review. I think there may be a small problem with your maths:

If you need a new 901 battery every two weeks = 2 per month = 8 in four months.

If 901 batteries = £10 each, then cost for four months = £80

Or do you mean you would normally use two 901 batteries every two weeks?

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but this is all new to me :)

they die in pairs.. so the math is right.. lighter users would get more out of them.. the screwdriver is aimed at hard core nicotine addicts who are having problems with the current line up of devices available....

its makes no claims to be anything other than what it is.. an e smoking device with a manual switch and a decent sized battery.. as ned says it simply works.. if it didnt we would not smoke them ourslevs and we wouldnt offer some for sale..

its not chinese made and its not chinese designed.. which is why its expensive and why it works..

assuming we anit big time bribed we intend to only make ten or so a week.. we also expect people to buy them..

the future will bring what the future will bring..

trog

dazzer1975

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2008
Rochdale...sadly.
put me down for one when my wallet recovers, in the last few days ive bought the super mini, mini, pen style, and a couple of different e cigars.

at the moment I only have the mini and it just isnt cutting it for me, every couple of tokes gives me a good hit and thats with dripping without the cartidge, but it just isnt delivering a consistent enough or a strong enough plume of vapour.

I'm hoping the 901 and the pen style will be good enough for outside but the cigars will do for indoors.

However, after seeing the pic of trog totally obscured by the plume oif thick glorious vapour from his screwdriver I think this has to be the one next which I hope will stay the course for the long term.

anyway so yeah, the point of this thread is to make sure im down on the list...if their is one, at some point ill be ordering a screwdriver but 100 after what ive already spent is too rich for me just now.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
And of course our personality conflicts wouldn't play any part in the vehemence with which you said no, would it, Trog. ;)

If you don't trust me, you could send one to Dusty. ;)Well sorry, it does sound like a good device but 99gbp is WAY out of my price range. That's more than the Sedansa Diva! And no warranty. Even in my two-job days I couldn't justify that to myself.

But if you change your mind, you know where to find me. ;)

Last edited:

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
put me down for one when my wallet recovers, in the last few days ive bought the super mini, mini, pen style, and a couple of different e cigars.

at the moment I only have the mini and it just isnt cutting it for me, every couple of tokes gives me a good hit and thats with dripping without the cartidge, but it just isnt delivering a consistent enough or a strong enough plume of vapour.

I'm hoping the 901 and the pen style will be good enough for outside but the cigars will do for indoors.

However, after seeing the pic of trog totally obscured by the plume oif thick glorious vapour from his screwdriver I think this has to be the one next which I hope will stay the course for the long term.

anyway so yeah, the point of this thread is to make sure im down on the list...if their is one, at some point ill be ordering a screwdriver but 100 after what ive already spent is too rich for me just now.

they will be around for a while hopefully.. the smoke pic is my youngest offspring not me.. i am older and uglier.. he is involved in the making of the things.. he he

we did cheat a bit with the pic.. poor light and the camera flash makes the smoke look a little more awesome than it would look in daylight.. we dont wanna choke folks to death.. he he he..

trog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread