Trogs SCREWDRIVER REVIEW by Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2008
UK
Well, here's my honest thoughts on my 901 (turns out to be RN4075, 901's cousin), as well as BE112 (801)... I don't have them anymore, as I sold them when I got my SD. They both have goods and bads.

I think the majority prefer the RN4075 it burns slightly higher than the 901

901 is alot smoother smoke... while i find the 4075 has a much better throat hit!

lachesis

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2009
NJ, USA
I think the majority prefer the RN4075 it burns slightly higher than the 901

901 is alot smoother smoke... while i find the 4075 has a much better throat hit!

I actually thought it was opposite that people prefer 901 attys due to... build quality, maybe.

I've been putting in bunch of 4075 attys in my Ruyan Direct cart all day long... I have 2 4075 attys, and 5 901 attys - as I do want to use up the 901 attys before I buy next bach of attys... but another part of me is saying "why should I stick with something that I'm not too fond with?"...

lachesis

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2009
NJ, USA
Forgive me if this has already been addressed, but, do the SD, Prodigy, etc. shorten the life of an atty?

Well, I haven't noticed any significant decrease in atty life from SD. Don't have Prodigy nor other mods, so I can't really compare. But with any other attys, my opinion on longevity of an atty is nothing but a crab-shoot. Get lucky, you get one that lives few months. Get unlucky, you'll get your atty shot in few days.

My current atty that I'm constantly using with my SD is little over 2 months old. It's still running quite well - although the performance seems to have dropped a little bit, and even after cleaning, it's not performing as well as it used to. On the other hand, one of the attys that came with my SD died in about a week. I have other 901 one that's going strong, about a 3-4 weeks now. So it's rather eratic, to be honest. Not because of SD's bigger battery, but more or less due to the fact that atomizers' built quality isn't that consistent nor great.

Kit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2008
UK
I actually thought it was opposite that people prefer 901 attys due to... build quality, maybe.

I've been putting in bunch of 4075 attys in my Ruyan Direct cart all day long... I have 2 4075 attys, and 5 901 attys - as I do want to use up the 901 attys before I buy next bach of attys... but another part of me is saying "why should I stick with something that I'm not too fond with?"...

there's no real difference in build quality as for the 901 vs 4075

it depends on if you like a smoother vape or a harsher vape ?

RN4075 seem to be the winner and most popular at the SD Forum!

Palmetto

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
USA
If I'm not mistaken, 901 has more exposed wick which makes better contact (supposedly) - and some sort of rubber ring inside, which helps preventing flooding issue a bit. Perhaps I'm wrong. (and it's not first time either! LOL)

The biggest physical difference between the 4075 and the DSE 901 (both of which can be used in the SD), is the position of the element/bridge. The 901 is higher in the atomiser, and should be used only with the DSE 901 carts (one piece, all black). The 4075 has the element lower in the atty, and should ideally be used with the 4075 carts (black, with a brown extension), or the Dura carts (all black, but with a round mouthpiece, and the same depth as the 4075 carts.)

The biggest performance difference is the draw -- the 901 is easier, while the 4075 is a bit harder, possibly due to the difference in the position of the element.

lachesis

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2009
NJ, USA
The biggest physical difference between the 4075 and the DSE 901 (both of which can be used in the SD), is the position of the element/bridge. The 901 is higher in the atomiser, and should be used only with the DSE 901 carts (one piece, all black). The 4075 has the element lower in the atty, and should ideally be used with the 4075 carts (black, with a brown extension), or the Dura carts (all black, but with a round mouthpiece, and the same depth as the 4075 carts.)

The biggest performance difference is the draw -- the 901 is easier, while the 4075 is a bit harder, possibly due to the difference in the position of the element.

Hmm.. any reason that why carts are not interchangeable? When I put 510 cart (or 4075 cart) in 901 atty, it just dig a little deeper hole, but it did seem vape relatively alright, and vice versa.

boss

May 15, 2009
there's no real difference in build quality as for the 901 vs 4075

it depends on if you like a smoother vape or a harsher vape ?

RN4075 seem to be the winner and most popular at the SD Forum!

just my opinion, but the 4075's seem to stay more efficient for longer, the 901's seem to drop off a bit after a while, though still work. maybe i should clean them more, but for 'hits per mile', i'd say the 4075's have the 'sports wheels':D

Palmetto

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
USA
Hmm.. any reason that why carts are not interchangeable? When I put 510 cart (or 4075 cart) in 901 atty, it just dig a little deeper hole, but it did seem vape relatively alright, and vice versa.

Sure, you can switch 'em, but the shorter 901 carts won't come close enough to the 4075 atty to make that indent, and the longer 4075 on the 901 atty needs to be positioned exactly right over the higher bridge or it won't seat all the way. Personally, I can't be bothered squinting into the atty and matching up the two -- and folks who don't realize there's a difference (like me, in the beginning) get frustrated when the 4075 cart doesn't insert all the way, or when the mismatched carts don't produce as good a vape. YMMV, of course.:D

lachesis

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2009
NJ, USA
Sure, you can switch 'em, but the shorter 901 carts won't come close enough to the 4075 atty to make that indent, and the longer 4075 on the 901 atty needs to be positioned exactly right over the higher bridge or it won't seat all the way. Personally, I can't be bothered squinting into the atty and matching up the two -- and folks who don't realize there's a difference (like me, in the beginning) get frustrated when the 4075 cart doesn't insert all the way, or when the mismatched carts don't produce as good a vape. YMMV, of course.:D

I see. Thanks for your info.

Well, I did measure some of my carts (various and same models) - and for some strange reason, some of them are taller, some of them seem to be shorter etc. What's even crazier is that some of them are actually for the same cart model - like single flat hole model 901 carts, sometimes vary in height - usually fraction of a mil or so.

510 cart and 4075 seems to be indeed the tallest. Luckily, I haven't had any wicking problem with 901 double air-intake with my 4075 atty... which is my favorite 901/4075 cart for topping off purpose... but I'll watch out for the future, as my next 4075 atty, might not make a good contact with it as you've mentioned. :)

Stickless

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2009
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: unnecessary resurrection of old thread, flames and insults

Keef

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2008
Scotland
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu

Stickless

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2009
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu

Kit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2008
UK
  • Kit
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu

Stickless

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2009
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu

Kit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2008
UK
  • Kit
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu

prof beard

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Stafford UK
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu

Stickless

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2009
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu

Kit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2008
UK
  • Kit
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu

Stickless

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2009
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu

Stickless

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2009
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu

Stickless

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2009
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu

Spikey

Moved On
Jan 24, 2009
Long Island, New York, USA
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu

Stickless

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2009
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu

Spikey

Moved On
Jan 24, 2009
Long Island, New York, USA
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu

Stickless

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2009
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Stickelss, not sure why you chose to resurrect this old thread just to start flaming but that's not going on here.

And to you others, you would have been better off just reporting the posts rather than responding in kind. We're not going for this back and forth bickering. Please take it elsewhere.

Thank you,
Lu

Last edited:

clubmonkee

Sep 28, 2009
I got my ScrewDriver yesterday - wow, what can I say, great service from the producer, dispatched next day, arrived the day after.

The device itself is easy to use, and has a lovely feel to it - I actually don't care that it doesn't look like a cig. It's function more than makes up for that trivial issue. It just works - that is all I can say, no buts no ifs, strong vapour any time and highly suited to being refilled from a bottle. I like the face that it is solid, and I can keep it in my pocket, and that I can take a draw on it when I please without worrying about the battery.

I tend to hold it like a pipe - pushing the button with my palm, it is unusual but highly satisfying smoke - much better than real cigs, and much better than all the e-cigs I have used.

Brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread