Trouble with AeroTanks, ProTanks, GeniTanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch81

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Miami/Chicago
A couple years, I ordered a few AeroTanks. For the most part, they were pretty good with the occasional leak... a few drops would leak from time to time, but never a tank full of juice would be wasted if left alone standin.

Last year, I ordered a few GeniTanks as I was told they are cheaper bc of the materials that are used to make it. They were pretty good on my ProVari Mini's for a few months and then one needed to replaced due to the whole tank emptying on its own. The other stopped working and the last one still works well. I'm still using that one now on one of three Mini's.

Last month, I ordered 3 GeniTanks and got 2 plus an AeroTank 2. I had to send all 3 back. 1 barely produced any vapor and the other 2 leaked a tank full multiple times. I changed the stock coil with 5 packs of additional coils ordered and still, no good. I've had them for 2 weeks trying to get it right. Replacing the valve from an old tank, it worked fine... for all 3 new tanks.

I received 2 AeroTanks 2, which barely produces any vapor after long pulls. The ProTank3, same deal. I'm about to return all 3. I've had them for 2 weeks to test the. Each throughly with changing stock coils and dry pulling with T he valve shut off to absorbed the juice into the coils like I was suggested to do by the vape store I ordered from 2 weeks ago when I got the previous 3 tanks exchange for the last 3. No change.

I'm about to give up on Kanger, seems the QC has gone to sht recently. Has anyone else had these issues? I've been using Kanger clear screw-on tanks for the first few years with very little issues. Now, every one I get has issues. The last 6 from the same store in a variety of models. Does anyone know of a good tank that can be used for a Provari Mini that holds a good amount of juice, produces vapor consistently and is durable? The Kanger tanks have no pertruding parts so if dropped, the glass won't crack unlike the Nautilus tanks. The Kanger coils are cheap, 7$ for a pack of 5 too.

I'm fed up with Kanger and am looking for solutions or a new company/model to try.

VapJak

Aug 21, 2016
WOW !!! Areotanks - old school takes me back to the good old days - I used to swear by Aerotanks and their small brother the eMOW tank

I take it you are a Mouth to Lung (MTL) style vaper??? rather than the cloud chasing Direct Lung style ???

Most tanks these days are aimed at the DL vaper - us MTL guys are fairly limited these days - best devices are rebuildables - the KayFun Mini V3 is very very good, so is the Kayfun V5 with the airflow reducer set

If you need drop in coils, then the Aspire Mini Triton is very good. The Mini Triton uses all the old Nautilus coils, plus a couple of their own new coils - 1.8ohm Clapton (Kanthal) and a Ni200 temperature control coil

The Mini Triton holds about 2.5ml juice, same as the aerotanks

The airflow is a little more open than the aerotanks, but it is suited to MTL style

As I said before almost all other tanks are designed with bigger airflows for DL style vaping with sub-ohm coils. For me they all seem like sucking on a garden hose - I don't have the lung capacity anymore :(

These tanks can all close off the airflow to varying degrees, but the flow from under the coil is still too big for a proper flavoured MTL hit

Most manufacturers do sell higher ohm coils like the Kanger Subtank's 1.8ohm coils, but they reduce the airflow through the coil by packing extra cotton in, which disturbs wicking correctly, so you get dry hits too readily

Seriously my advice would be the Triton Mini - this suits most MTL vapers. Or of course build your own :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread