Trouble with cartomizers vs clearomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mcp15

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
CT
I've been vaping for a year or so, using clearomizers...mostly T3s. While I like them, I've been exploring cartomizers now that I'm back to work, just so I don't have an issue with the dreaded gurgle/flooding problem. So, I fill up the little black Boge using the condom method, then topping it off by dripping a few more drops in the top. No problem...it's a yummy, consistent luscious vape.

The problem? I pretty much chain vape my way through my 30 minute commute, and suddenly I'm getting that nasty burnt taste. Is his normal? Should I have topped off? Or is it some other problem? How many puffs do YOU get before needing to top off? For comparison, I find that I go through maybe .5 ml when using a clearo for the same commute.

Any suggestions? Advice? Thanks in advance!

AceCC

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2012
Back on the Moon
Sounds like you need a tank to go with those cartos. Phiniac is a great option, as is IBTanked. Tanks are great because the auto-feed the carto so you can go all day or more on one tankful. Just make sure you use stainless steel cartos (no black or color) with a couple of holes in them.

I personally love my carto/tank set up. Prior to getting a tank, my cartos needed topping off every 30 minutes or so (kind of a pain). The Phiniac changed all that for the better.

txcolt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2013
Plano, TX
More like magic when done right. The tank gives you that great consitant vape but the carto refills because of the vacuum in the tank. Instead of the black cartos, you will use the silver ones that are typically pre-punched. I have been using the IBTanked stuff for awhile now and could not be happier. Their cartos are pretty good value as well if you buy 10 or more at a time.

note - be sure and get a tank refilling tool. It will make life easier and save your O-rings at the same time.

DreamWithin

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
New England
The problem? I pretty much chain vape my way through my 30 minute commute, and suddenly I'm getting that nasty burnt taste. Is his normal?

Yep, normal :) My commute is (usually) 30-40 minutes and if using a standard sized carto I will get to the point it needs topping off around the time I get to work

While a carto does hold close to 1ml of juice, not all of it is vapable. Once the saturation of the filler gets to a certain point the coil will be starving for juice and will need topping up.

A tank is a great idea. They're convenient and easy to use, there is not much of a learning curve compared to most vaping hardware. Sometimes you can get a dud carto that will flood on you or not wick well, but you'll usually know that pretty quickly after filling it up if that's the case.
Pre-punched cartos are available many places, as well as punches for doing your own. I prefer the latter since it gives me control over hole size and number to use for different juice consistencies

We have a whole sub-forum dedicated to carto tanks. Could be worth browsing around in there to learn about them if that's something you want to pursue :)

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
Yep a carto tank is def what you need. That is all I usually use now adays. I remember early in my vaping career before I discovered carto tanks I used to fill up like 5 cartomizers and put them in my case to go to work. With a good carto tank it will easily last you all day and I can get about 30 ml of juice through one cartomizer before I have to toss it.

jwag1973

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
Saint Louis, MO.
Check out IBtanked cartotanks, they are my favorite. Many different sizes ranging from 15mm, 19mm, 22mm, and 25mm. They also offer different length tubes as well, starting with the halfling, standard, and XL. If you like the bling you can choose from different colored caps and hand painted glass tubes.

Get a tank refilling tool regardless what tank you choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread