The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Trouble with phoenix clone on eGo.... any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Canada Forum' started by tygertyger, Dec 10, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. tygertyger

tygertyger Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

If a plain old eGo batt (1000mAh not Joye) flashes just once and won't go when you try to fire it (with the Phoenix) but works fine with other stuff..... does that mean the Phoenix is trying to pull more power than the eGo can deliver? Too much load? Shorting? Other sources I've checked indicate that a short should make it flash three times

The phoenix is set up with the coil it came with, I haven't started monkeying with it yet.... and it fires just fine on the Twist and on the Lambo... which should rule out the shorting scenario, yes?.... but on the eGos, I get just one short flash and no vapey-vapey....

2. Titanium

Titanium Moved On

Oct 19, 2012
    Could be that there is a short, or that it's putting too much load on it.
    Also, Since it's not a genuine Joye, it may not support it.

3. therealcmac

therealcmac Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apparently I cannot read, and this has been pointed out to me using quotes and periods.

4. Titanium

Titanium Moved On

Oct 19, 2012

5. chagrin

chagrin Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Haven't heard of that before, but I can't sleep .. so I'll post. :) Ego's are regulated at 3.3 volts, will it still fire at the lower voltages on the twist ?

6. recidivus

recidivus Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 20, 2012
    Canada
    Your description makes it sound like a short, but the 4.0 should have protection... What resistance is the coil reading at? When you fire it on lambo/twist how does the coil look when doing a dry burn, is it an even glow? How's the taste? A hot spot/coil short will give off a distinct burnt taste. I'd also say to visually inspect the coil, make sure no loops are touching each other, no wires sticking too far from posts.

I've had a similar issue with all my egos (twist too) and a DuD; would fire on provari no errors, but wouldn't on the egos (short *poof* and that was that). I never did get it working on them, though I haven't tried again since that hour of frustration either.

7. tygertyger

tygertyger Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I appreciate ALL your help cmac.... no worries ;) And yes, I only mentioned the one, but it won't fire on ANY of my "normal" eGos.... just the Twist and Lambo.

ahhhhhh.... that might be the issue.... I thought I was getting closer to 3.7 out of them. I haven't even tried firing it on that low a voltage on the Twist or Lambo..... more like 3.8 or so.....

okee dokee..... I'll need to play with it later, because I am getting tastes that would suggest a hotspot from your description.

Thanks very much EVERYONE for your suggestions and assistance :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.