Troubleshooting Advice For A Woody

Status
Not open for further replies.

justboringsarah

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
IN
My husband has a month old woody(that he loves and adores). Starting last night it started to get really tempermental. It didn't want to fire,then it would fire a couple times and stop again.
We've switched out the batteries,and double checked to be sure the master on/off switch was in the on position.
Any other ideas what we could try with it before it makes a trip to Rob? He would be lost without it,even for just a few days

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
Put some electrical tape around the battery....it will help secure it in the woodvil...try that and see if it helps. Duct tape will work too, or anything you have..just something to wrap around the battery....you can also leave a little slack around it and push it together at the begining to have a little " hold" on it to pull it out easier.

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
The spring should be firm are we talking 801 or 510.Check your spring if it looks discolored or it has shrunk you may have had a short.simple fix but you will have to send it in.Clean your contacts strech the spring if this takes care of it sounds like you need a new spring.You can always call me I am happy to help
207-490-9783

justboringsarah

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
IN
It's been working off and on. The spring looks OK. Today we made a trip to Mobile just for noalox,I put a decent smudge on the connector in the woody,and my Grand. Both are firing fine right now. I also picked up electricial tape,in case we need to put that around the battery. Unless the woody won't fire at all,we are doing all we can to keep it here

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
prophetz - Why is the Protected Trustfire 18650, the problem?

A couple of reasons. LR attys demand more amps than the TF batteries can provide. This sometimes causes the protective diode to trip and shuts down the battery. If it doesn't, the performance suffers as the battery drains.

Rob recommends AW IMR batteries for all of his mods.

justboringsarah

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
IN
we don't use LR attys. I actually got in touch with Rob tonight and I think we worked out the problem,but it had nothing to do with the battery
A couple of reasons. LR attys demand more amps than the TF batteries can provide. This sometimes causes the protective diode to trip and shuts down the battery. If it doesn't, the performance suffers as the battery drains.

Rob recommends AW IMR batteries for all of his mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread