Discussion in 'Legislation News' started by webb, Sep 11, 2019.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
Bloomberg - Are you a robot?
What trump says and what he actually does are often different things. He DOES have access to FDA info of course. Whether he has actually bothered to even find out about it is also a different thing of course. We may yet see a walk back.
1. Where are parents of the under aged "children" that are vaping?
2. The vaping community knows specifically what is causing the deaths and cases of illnesses. We are not asked and even if we are we are ignored. The cause/s are downplayed, overlooked. It is about politics/money not about a genuine concern for public health.
3. Adults like the flavors "allegedly" marketed only to kids. Adults no longer want tobacco flavor when they realize their vaping can be flavored as say Smarties candies, sweet tea, butterscotch, coffee, Skittles and so on. They want different flavors to avoid the monotony of tobacco flavor. It helps them avoid backsliding to cigarettes.
4. Where is actual leadership willing to take 5 minutes of research to find out people are expressly told DO NOT VAPE OIL BASED PRODUCTS by the vaping community? This has been the case for years too, and in fact is one aspect of the genuine problem causing health issues, deaths.
The vaping community is aware that oil based vaping products act as key vector in Lipoid pneumonia. Looking up different types of pneumonia can point you to this logical and well educated hypothesis. Finding the information took less than a minute, reading over it took maybe two. My point that it could be found out in five minutes stands.
5. As 38 states have some form legalization of Mary the plant Jane on record why not then go on ahead and decriminalize it across Federal standards? This would eliminate any need of black market THC vaping products, which is also another genuine aspect of the problem causing issues/deaths.
6. If my government acts/is so stupid as this in dealing with the genuine issue, or even acts/is so greedy as this well then it is no longer my government. They are finally revealing themselves as they truly are, slaves to greed, power. They no longer represent the American People. I have suspected as much quite a while. This only further confirms it and in a very public fashion that can not be denied.
7. Because it bears repeating where are the fracking parents?
8. Where is personal accountability? I mean seriously, if you do not want the responsibility of rearing children, where a condom, keep it in your damn pants, keep those legs together. It comes back to the parents and if the parents forfeit the children they, the parents ought to be sterilized. This would save the headache of providing welfare for all these abandoned children. Apologies if my heart stops bleeding after a point.
I too very well might have been considered an abandoned child, although I had a mother that would have beaten me back in line too. My butt would have burned had I gone on and done something she forbade in her home. Even as an adult she could still whoop my butt. That's a parent for you. There is vast difference between discipline and abuse. Let parents discipline.
Let parents teach children personal accountability by example. Let parents, parent.
Stock up, learn DIY, stock up some more and vape on.
Not happening. You can kiss these flavors goodbye.
The little snowflakes can't think for themselves anymore! We have to be sensitive towards there feelings. It's all about the children!!!!! Wretch!!!! It is all about the money. Follow the money. Math doesn't lie.
I really don't see how they can enforce this. Keep track of all these transactions. Will there be an agency set up to watch all these online shops and actual vaping stores? Plus all the crap coming in from China? Not possible!
I don't know but they can sure make things more difficult. I guess we'll see.
Possible. This whole thing was done in a rush though. Very specifically frantically and deliberately premature announcements. Announcements that do NOT jibe with what facts are on the ground. And encouraging people to act as quickly as possible before the actual findings are released. The whole thing stinks to me.
There IS a LOT of money from people who want people to smoke more cigarettes that have been arguing for the same flavor ban on cigarettes to be placed on ecigs as well. This is a gigantic victory for them.
Will they be able to make it stick? very possibly. It’s not quite a done deal yet though.
I wanted to use that word snowflakes earlier but it has become a political dog-whistle term and no longer means what it used to.
the issue is that these issues are not nicotine based at all. Who tells their parents they’re going to go off and do illegal drugs?
this does seem to be the case
yep. Which is why the big tobacco money wants this so badly and has for years.
. Oils weren’t the issue apparently. It was cheap thickeners some based on vitamin E acetate. something that would be a major violation to begin with for anyone selling a deeming approved commercial juice. One comment made here pointed out that it was likely caused by a tipping point in costs brought on by the trade war. I have no data on this myself though.
there is some evidence suggesting that the whole lipid pneumonia thing was a bit of a scam to begin with. Apparently cigarettes have something like 700 times as much diacetyl in them as the max amount in ecigs.
like has been happening for years now? It will probably happen. One thing that has been made clear here though is that rushing to judgement often causes bigger problems than it solves
what I have been seeing implies it is basically the entire issue. I doubt even that would close the black market issue though. Black market cigarettes are a big thing in a lot of places still
this implies the behavior is new. Not sure it is myself
the same place it’s always been. Something humans want to foist off on others when it is to their advantage but avoid themselves as much as possible. It has historically been the standard path to riches. There are others but they generally require actually doing something useful, and that is relatively rare.
people are doing that a lot lately. It’s causing serious issues with population reduction. People still get old and die and need to be replaced with other people. The US has been maintaining its population with immigration for years now
and did it stop you from doing them? I notice by being on this fourm you were at least at one time a smoker, so the evidence says possibly not
No it didn't stop me from smoking. She never whooped my butt for smoking though. Instead I got the train treatment, light one up right as one was stubbed out. She realized I'd keep going though, and told me to at least not smoke in my bedroom, be safe that way. So at age 13 she allowed me tobacco use.
For where were that was nearly expected. Phillip Morris at the time had headquarters in Richmond, VA, we were not far from there. Stores rarely bothered not selling to under aged. The thought process was "taking them out to a parent, even if if not a $500 slap on the risk versus a whole community taking business elsewhere." So it was the store policy then, "old enough to ask, old enough to buy."
Then roughly mid 1980 to early 1990's that started changing. I think it was about then the wrist slap got bumped up to $2,500 per incident and people/businesses lost tobacco sales licenses/permits. By then I had been a smoker for quite a few years and had made it to legal age of 18.
There was a lot of other stuff though that for the grace of my mom, I never got into. And then even in the midsts of doing all sorts of crazy stuff I always a bad worry. "What if my grandma finds out?" I still even to this day worry about that and she passed on these last few recent years. My grandma like nearly all grandma's had magic, powerful stuff too. You never make grandma upset or mad at you.
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
You misunderstood me. I know damn well it isn't about the children. I know it is about the money.
My point though being still remains clear. Where are the parents? If it was about the children, well, children have parents don't they? Did we have the U.F.Os fly over and dump out a metric crap ton of children without parents? We really need to get Ronnie Ray Gun's Star Wars up and fighting those aliens then if so.
We cannot keep accepting orphans from space. We're about 9 Billion strong last I checked and expect a third of that to die off soon, age, malnutrition, poverty, starvation, bad sanitation. No, no more children from extra terrestrials man, just can't do it.
This whole thing is nothing more then a classic power grab by politicians. No different then when they try to ban guns after someone or multiple someones get shot.
The big difference here is, its probably going to work. There are very powerful lobbyist groups, or a constitutional amendment to stand in the way. The is no powerful lobby for vaping. At least not one powerful enough.
Vaping is still only used by a small subset of the world at large compared to say alcohol.
I fear We’re all gonna have to go back underground.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't tell us, tell Trump. Get on Twitter and tell him. He does his own tweets.
Sorry, but what a f'ing idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Separate names with a comma.