Status
Not open for further replies.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I wonder how this is going to pan out with regard to the FDA and its regulations. He already is destroying the vape industry in In! This isn't about who is going to win the election, so don't get into a back and forth, but if he does win and Pence gets into the WH, what would that mean for us?

It's Official: Trump Announces Pence as VP Pick

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I wonder how this is going to pan out with regard to the FDA and its regulations. He already is destroying the vape industry in In! This isn't about who is going to win the election, so don't get into a back and forth, but if he does win and Pence gets into the WH, what would that mean for us?

Hard to Say.

Trump isn't exactly a "Normal" Candidate. So I can't imagine he would be Anything but as the POTUS. And Trump has said he would Rely Heavily on those around him with Political Experience.

Pence does seem to have ties to BT. And his Views about Cigarettes aren't exactly what Most would call mainstream. He also had No Problem signing off on the Destruction of Indiana's e-liquid Market thru a State Created Monopoly. Which I'm sure BT didn't Cry any Tears over.

But of course, if Trump Doesn't win, None of this Matters.

Reactions: KentA

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
May 26 speech in Bismarck, N.D.

“Any regulation that's outdated, unnecessary, bad for workers or contrary to the national interest will be scrapped and scrapped completely," Trump said. “Will we also eliminate duplication, provide regulatory certainty—which is very important—and trust local officials and local residents.”

“Any future regulation will go through a simple test: Is this regulation good for the American worker?” he added. “If it doesn’t pass this test, this rule will not be under any circumstances approved.”

BackDoc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2010
Galts Gulch
And Hillary would say " any regulation that's outdated.....etc........will be expanded.exploited,and implemented........not to mention " is it good for the Elite/unproductive /Parasite???.......would be approved......................Yes, my Money is on Trump

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I gave up Believing what Candidates say/promise while on the Campaign Trial in the early 70's.

If I had to say who would Probably be "better" for Us in the e-Cigarette Market, I would have to say Trump.

But If I was asked who is going to Win the OOTP, then that would be Clinton.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
“Any future regulation will go through a simple test: Is this regulation good for the American worker?” he added. “If it doesn’t pass this test, this rule will not be under any circumstances approved.”
Well, Indiana's law is very good for certain American workers, namely those who are employed by the six companies that received permits, and probably good for tobacco company employees too. So, does the Indiana law pass that simple test?

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014

Vaping has made me a single issue voter. I'm so ...... off I just want revenge. Another word for that is, Trump.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
“Any regulation that's outdated, unnecessary, bad for workers or contrary to the national interest will be scrapped and scrapped completely," Trump said. “Will we also eliminate duplication, provide regulatory certainty—which is very important—and trust local officials and local residents.”

That sounds like a dream come true.
And just EXACTLY what this country needs.

Now if only someone would actually do that for reals.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Well, Indiana's law is very good for certain American workers, namely those who are employed by the six companies that received permits, and probably good for tobacco company employees too. So, does the Indiana law pass that simple test?

That was Trump's quote not Pence's. The answer is no. I'll ask the question I asked on another thread. Who thinks Hillary wouldn't have signed the Senator letters to the FDA and OMB to quickly go to the final rule on the deeming? Those who did were her closest colleagues and current supporters.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I gave up Believing what Candidates say/promise while on the Campaign Trial

I think Obama has been pretty "successful" - Obamacare, bankrupt coal, take over GM and Chrysler (check), get out of Iraq (pretty much), out of Afghanistan (not so much), Close Gitmo (let a lot out but not closed), fix the economy (Wall Street only), ban guns (nope), unite instead of divide (just the opposite). FSPTCA - yep.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I think Obama has been pretty "successful" - Obamacare, bankrupt coal, take over GM and Chrysler (check), get out of Iraq (pretty much), out of Afghanistan (not so much), Close Gitmo (let a lot out but not closed), fix the economy (Wall Street only), ban guns (nope), unite instead of divide (just the opposite). FSPTCA - yep.

Do you believe what ____________ (insert who you are going to vote for on the blank line) tells you they are Going to Do if they are Elected President?

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
That was Trump's quote not Pence's. The answer is no. I'll ask the question I asked on another thread. Who thinks Hillary wouldn't have signed the Senator letters to the FDA and OMB to quickly go to the final rule on the deeming? Those who did were her closest colleagues and current supporters.
I'm 99% sure Clinton would have signed the letters. The world doesn't lend itself well to "simple" tests, no matter how much we want it to. Vaping is bad for the tobacco industry. Tobacco likely employs more Americans than vaping does, definitely contributes more to state and federal taxes, people living longer arguably costs healthcare more. So, is vaping "good" for America?

I think it is, but not for any simple reasons.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Do you believe what ____________ (insert who you are going to vote for on the blank line) tells you they are Going to Do if they are Elected President?

Just pointing out some things that actually happened. Obama has been particularly effective on some major promises. I could do the same for Reagan, Clinton, Bush.... Reagan got the most done on the economy at the time - reduced inflation, interest rates, longest peace time recovery ever. Clinton got his assault weapons ban. But Obama has come through with his: “Fundamentally Transform America.” quote. It's pretty much sums up your questions on the deeming thread. "Did we Lose a War or Something?? Is this America?"

Do they get everything promised done? Of course not. There's always Congress, but Executive Orders really help :- )

Last edited:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Tobacco likely employs more Americans than vaping does, definitely contributes more to state and federal taxes, people living longer arguably costs healthcare more. So, is vaping "good" for America?

Same type of "argument" could be made for buggy whips and whale oil (vs. autos and electricity) - and WAS at the time. lol... Some people can't see past present time. I agree MSA would be toast and it would be hard to replace that with ecig revenue - but the jobs would be there and the taxes that go with them and their businesses.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Just pointing out some things that actually happened. Obama has been particularly effective on some major promises. I could do the same for Reagan, Clinton, Bush.... Reagan got the most done on the economy at the time - reduced inflation, interest rates, longest peace time recovery ever. Clinton got his assault weapons ban. But Obama has come through with his: “Fundamentally Transform America.” quote. It's pretty much sums up your questions on the deeming thread. "Did we Lose a War or Something?? Is this America?"

Do they get everything promised done? Of course not. There's always Congress, but Executive Orders really help :- )

So... The Question Still Remains.

Do you Believe all the Things that the Presidential Candidate you are going to Vote for says they are going to Do?

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
So... The Question Still Remains.

Do you Believe all the Things that the Presidential Candidate you are going to Vote for says they are going to Do?

If you don't get the point by now, answering your stupid question isn't going to help :lol: That may work with your students who are attempting to get a good grade.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
If you don't get the point by now, answering your stupid question isn't going to help :lol: That may work with your students who are attempting to get a good grade.

We'll just put you down in the "Don't want to Answer the Question because it might make my Candidate look like ALL the Rest." category.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread