TrustFire TR-001 Charger Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
I have 4 Trustfire TR-001 chargers and none of them have a switch on them. I'm not sure why one is labeled 3.6v either since there is no 3.6v battery but if you are charging a 3.7v battery, you would want the switch on the 3.6v side and if you are charging a 3.0v battery use the 3.0v side of the switch. The small round jack says DC 12v. I've never used that and don't know how I would. Maybe somebody else can answer that one.

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
Your charger is not a Trustfire TR-001 but that probably doesn't matter much.

The 3v switch is for Li-FePo4 cells, these have a nominal voltage around 3.2v, and cannot be charged in a normal lithium cell charger as it may overcharge or damage them. These Li-Fe cells were popular when the best way to get hi-voltage vaping in a tubemod (as there was no VV) was to stack two of them in there for about 6 - 7 volts. They are safer chemistry cells. However they got counterfeited like everything else, so in the end you don't know what batteries you really have in there, the label can be a fake.

That's why the safest vs easiest vs cheapest route now is a buck/boost VV circuit using a single 18650 cell. Some VVs use stacked AW 16340 or 18350 Li-Mn cells, OK if you know the batteries are what they say they are. The risk is that they are counterfeit and just el cheapo unprotected Li-ion cells.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread