Trying cartos, maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megs

Verified Member
Apr 10, 2014
Oswego, NY, USA
Hey guys. I'm a new poster, but not a new vaper. I'm looking for some help choosing options for trying out cartos.

I've been vaping several months (cig-free since October, woot!). I did the typical progression from picking up a stupid cigalike at the market, to egos, to a Vamo, and now my Nemesis and a couple other mechs will be here any day. I was turned off early by the idea of cartos because they're too much like where I started (Blu ecig) and so I figured they'd be just as bad.

However, lately I'm eying them as possibly a good option for me. I've found I far prefer dripping over my tanks and my rba, mainly because I have very little attention span for a flavor. I want to use 4-5 flavors during the course of a day, which means that I vape half a tank and then the tank sits for three days while I vape other stuff and then the juice is not as flavorful as it was when I put it in. I've been sticking to drippers just lately because of this.

So I mainly have three questions:

1) Are cartos a solution to this? It seems that with their smaller capacity they may be, with the added plus of not having to either juggle six atties or cleanse/rewick every two hours.

2) If I go that route, what cartos are recommended? Should I try a carto tank, or will that end up with the same issues I'm having with tanks now? Essentially, is there anything I need besides 'the right' carto to slap on my mod?

3) I tend to think cartos look a little goobery alone on the end of a mod. I guess a carto tank would fix that, if they do indeed hold flavor better, but I'm wondering if there are other options. For example, is there a decent slim/"cigalike" style battery? I'm hesitant, since the Blu made everything taste like feet, but hopefully that was just their cartos and not the entire form factor - I do like the idea of something slender for out and about so I don't have to lug my mod about. Any other ideas?

Sorry for being noobish, like I said I had a very stubborn refusal to consider cartos for the first few months because of how bad Blu is. Any advice would be super! :)

Chelonian

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
Upper East TN
Here is a link to mods that will not look funny with a carto, and they also carry good cartos.

10440 form factor:
Super T ~ PrecisePlus Units

14500 form factor :

Super T ~ Simplicity

High quality devices, well supported for help here on the forum.

I personally have many devices, and many attys across the range, and I still like cartos.

Last edited:

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
Here is a link to mods that will not look funny with a carto, and they also carry good cartos.

10440 form factor:
Super T ~ PrecisePlus Units

14500 form factor :

Super T ~ Simplicity

High quality devices, well supported for help here on the forum.

I personally have many devices, and many attys across the range, and I still like cartos.

I love cartos, too, but I bet they will quit manufacturing them before long. Already happened with the GOGO, which was my carto favorite. Just sayin', I wouldn't get too attached to cartos, imho...:)

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
NoNoNO

don't say that.

They are my go to quick n dirty vape

Believe me, I don't WANT to say it, but I fear it is going to happen. All the batting and stuff is becoming passe, as the newer, bigger, supposedly better tanks take over. I like tanks, but I love my cartos. And now I can't get them. I bought an Ego kit with 1300 mah batteries and big azz tanks. They are good, but, oh, I miss my GOGO cartos.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
Cartos are going nowhere. Many new vapers start with them and carto tanks are very popular. I will admit that I don't see them at my local B&M stores, but most online sites carry several varieties, especially those designed for tanks. I love my IBtanked tanks and my Smoktech DCT tanks. Cato tanks just work, period...no gurgling, no leaking. All of my other tanks and clearos are in my apocalypse stash.

Chelonian

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
Upper East TN
They should be available in a couple of weeks at the most.

Dave said middle to late this month

Of course the 18350 Simplicities are available.

Super T makes a thinner mod than most in the 18000 series (20mm) so they don't look stupid with just the carto.

Also, there are carto tanks found from 12mm to 28mm

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Cartomizers and cartotanks aren't going anywhere. They are one of the most dependable & reliable juice attachments available.

I've heard a vape shop salesperson remark that cartomizers and cartotanks are "old technology", and then proceded to recommend an Aspire CE5 clearomizer to an intermediate vaper who was disappointed with the clearomizers he had previously tried. :facepalm:

Sorry, they may be old technology, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

If you don't want to go with a cartotank (for whatever reason), they do manufacture giant cartomizers.

xxxxldualcoilcartomizer.jpg BB.jpg

Last edited:

Chelonian

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
Upper East TN
I am waiting for it to come up as well.

You really cant go wrong with Super T. An excellent device, with fit and finish that is unsurpassed.

Dave, the owner, is easy to contact. They do ship slowly, but the wait is worth it.

I have spent WAY too much money on good mods, and none are as well built as Super T.

I am not knocking other mods, mind you, its just that insofar as fit and finish are concerned, they are without equal.

If its a gotta have it now thing, the 18350 Simplicity looks good with a carto and Super T drip tip.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Believe me, I don't WANT to say it, but I fear it is going to happen. All the batting and stuff is becoming passe, as the newer, bigger, supposedly better tanks take over. I like tanks, but I love my cartos. And now I can't get them. I bought an Ego kit with 1300 mah batteries and big azz tanks. They are good, but, oh, I miss my GOGO cartos.

maybe your 'GOGO' cartos are kr808.
the 510 thread has taken over now.
all the mods come with 510 thread; and you get cartos or tanks with 510 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread