Trying to bottom feed my new atty, PLEASE HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

r_sizzle

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2014
Missouri Bootheel
I'm trying to do the method where you cut a joose groove in the insulator. Seemed easy enough, but I can't get the insulator out! Any suggestions? I've tried pushing it out with a screwdriver using my hand. I haven't tried the hammer because I'm scared to ruin the insulator. If someone says bang it out though...I will. This may not be the best conversion but if you got no tools it's the only conversion.

r_sizzle

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2014
Missouri Bootheel
It's a Haze. I ended up getting it done and it works perfect. Turned out the insulator was 2 pcs. That explains why I couldn't push it out from the bottom. I took a screw and threaded into the bottom half then yanked it out. The top half I used the blunt side of a bit with a C-clamp as a press and pushed it out. A dremel and a needle file did the work on the insulators. Man I banged my head against the wall until I realized it was 2 pcs. I should have chosen an atty someone else had done already. Instead I picked one that would look cool image.jpg

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
Just Modded My Plume Veil to work with my Smokless Owl Squonker.

I unscrewed the bottom 510 brass screw and pulled the positive top posts out and took my Dremmel and put in a small tiny needle type grinder

on the drummel. I then made stuck the needle bit into the open hole and proceeded to cut a slot in the insulator.

A big piece of the insulator came out and I thought sureas heck that I ruined it.

Much to my surprise the insulator is a 2 piece unit with the top piece coming out from the top and the bottom half comes out the bottom.

I took these 2 insulators halfs and finished the cut and reinstalled the two halves so that the slots would align up with each other.

The thing squonks great and much surprised that I could accomplish this.

I want to try my Stillaire and a few others but will enjoy this squonking Plum Veil for now.

Very pleased-----Happy Squonking tp everybody-----thetrucker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread