Trying to decide between Aegis kits and tanks - Need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings folks!
Gods, I've been away from the vaping stuff for a while. I haven't done much of anything since my friend who I used to hang and vape with passed away (terminal illness' are just argh.), so I've not kept track of trends, and more importantly, of advances. Heck, when I stopped, I feel like temp control materials and sub-ohm had just started to hit the mainstream.
So, I've decided I want to come back to it, now that I have a few friends working on quitting again, but I've got an issue. My eleaf pico 2 dual has just never been reliable, it seems to always end up with burned cotton on my coils, be it if I do the coil making, or if I use premade stuff for Smok tanks and other brands. And since I run preferably in the 35-50 watt range, I'm not likely running things overkill. So, I've decided.. time for new gear.
Now, I've got a thing for making sure my gear is built like a tank, and I've been reading around in the forums, and I found that the Aegis series and the Jackaroo both fit that bill.. but the Jackaroo seems to be discontinued and out of stock bloody everywhere, except a few places where the mods are massively overpriced.. so that brings me over to looking at the Aegis more.

As it stands, the tossup is between an Aegis Solo 100, Aegis Max, Aegis X, and Aegis Legend, with either the Zeus/Z, Cerberus or the Aero tank.. And it's a hard choice since depending on where I pick it up online, with which tank, and which sale, the prices are pretty close together.
I'm hoping someone can give some opinions on this. Also, some opinions on the three tanks would be nice. Notably, my style of vaping isn't going to match most folks.. It's mouth.. aaand that's it. Never been a smoker, and I vape without nicotine.. but it's helped get a number of friends over the years to quit cig's and go to vapes, and then slowly down to nearly no or flat out no nicotine. So. My goal is definitely going to be flavor at the mouth end of things, and not sure which of the two tanks there to chase, -or- if I'd be advised to just get the mod, and pick up a separate tank. Suggestions are very welcome on this. The problem is, my total spending is going to be around $50 or less, so.. I lean towards kits, understandably!

In anycase, thanks for the time folks, and rock on for continuing to be the most informative place to look into all things vape. :)

- Shirra Whitefur

Last edited:
Reactions: Falconeer
*laughs* I still have my 4x of lg2 "chocolates", my chargers.. didn't grab extra coils. I managed to get it at around $62 before shipping though, so pretty close to what I was aiming for. Considering that I would have ended up at ~$49 for the Aegis Max with the Zeus, I figured.. screw it, go a lil' further, since I have only actually purchased some 4 mods.. ever. The rest of my dozen were traded for or given to me over time. And since the only two that -weren't- $15 cheapo's that I purchased were this and the Pico Mini Dual.. well.. I figured I deserved something nice!
But yeah, close to my budget. Lets face it, how many of us -actually- manage to stick to the budget fully when the shiny-want sets in? That's why I set it low, so when I go over I can go 'It's .. close.' :)

Addendum time. Oh. Heck. Yes. I absolutely love this setup. A faaar better tank than any I've used previously, there's basically no way to get tank spillage unless this thing is on it's side. (Upside down.. well.. yanno.. what do you expect, miracles?). I've also finally hit the promised land of -tasting- my vapes, as an actual flavor and not just whispered hints. Proobably has a lot to do with the circular mesh coil, so probably not unique to the tank though. The rest of the Aegis X? Fits great in the hand, feels delightfully sturdy. No touchscreen, but that's -good-, because that lets them sink the lcd behind good, thick glass. And no hassles getting things just how I want them. Anyone looking at them though.. find reviews from someone who spends a lot more than this lazy person's one-unit-per-three-years max type. I wouldn't know what I'm missing, heh. But this.. this I'm very very happy with. And thanks again to the forums, as digging in here helped me make the decision. ^_^

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    Addendum time. Oh. Heck. Yes. I absolutely love this setup. A faaar better tank than any I've used previously, there's basically no way to get tank spillage unless this thing is on it's side. (Upside down.. well.. yanno.. what do you expect, miracles?). I've also finally hit the promised land of -tasting- my vapes, as an actual flavor and not just whispered hints. Proobably has a lot to do with the circular mesh coil, so probably not unique to the tank though. The rest of the Aegis X? Fits great in the hand, feels delightfully sturdy. No touchscreen, but that's -good-, because that lets them sink the lcd behind good, thick glass. And no hassles getting things just how I want them. Anyone looking at them though.. find reviews from someone who spends a lot more than this lazy person's one-unit-per-three-years max type. I wouldn't know what I'm missing, heh. But this.. this I'm very very happy with. And thanks again to the forums, as digging in here helped me make the decision. ^_^
    How have the coils been holding up? I've had nothing but good experiences with them, but I've heard otherwise from some others. Also, if you get a chance to snatch up the Z 2021 model of the same Zeus tank, you won't be disappointed. It uses the same coils, but just adds a tad bit more flavor, and slightly smoother imo.

Reactions: Falconeer
    How have the coils been holding up? I've had nothing but good experiences with them, but I've heard otherwise from some others. Also, if you get a chance to snatch up the Z 2021 model of the same Zeus tank, you won't be disappointed. It uses the same coils, but just adds a tad bit more flavor, and slightly smoother imo.
    I -believe- I got the 2021 model. Either way, I'm very much enjoying the thing. Mind, I'm not a heavy vape user, so the coils are doing quite well indeed.. but I've really been enjoying actually tasting all my vape stuff, rather than just a tiny hint of a shadow of flavor. :)
    I've also been enjoying that it's inbuilt battery charging actually working pretty darn smooth as well on the Aegis X, so I haven't had to break out my regular XTAR charger at all yet. Only caveat is the recessed, cover-able usb connection is (A) micro usb and not usb-c, and (B) veeery narrow, so a large amount of cables just won't fit down enough to connect. .. Small price to pay for it to be waterproof there too though. Last thing I had with charging like that erred supremely on the side of caution about how much current to let through for charging, and would take some 30 hours to charge the batteries half-way up.
    Definitely so happy with this purchase, heh.

Reactions: Z-Lee

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    For the sake of the chip and other general safety items, you'll always be recommended to take the batteries out to recharge them over internally. I recharge a lot of the sideloaded mods internally simply because the connectors have a tendency to be quite rigid and tough on the PVC battery covers. I'm always present when charging though. The X is a good mod though. I'm sure you'd also like the L200. 30 hours seems ridiculous btw - even though I'm sure that's embellished, but still. W.T.F.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread