Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I clear 16 is EGO threaded, not 510.
Do you have one of these:
510ego.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Evaty-Conver...2/dp/B081RNSX8Q/ref=psdc_172544_t1_B07SQVTY65

Cheers
I

opal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
The Iclear 16s (and their cousins the CE5s) I have work on other my 510 devices. They screw on the new ones just fine.. it just takes so more mouth vacuum to fire it up than any other device I've used. The battery lights but it's not firing the clearo for more than a second.
The smokeless image auto batteries had a center stem that sometimes needed to be pulled up a smidge. It wasn't often but was a great tweak.

Reactions: Izan

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
*sad face* They got here fast.. sadly my Iclear 16's don't draw right on them. Anyone got a 510 connection hint?.. I don't seem to have air holes to cover.

Those are a generic battery, imprinted with the website's name on them. They're not really eGo batteries. Most of them like those, aren't very reliable, no matter what they charge for them. At $16.99 each especially, you have a right to expect that they should work well. I'd contact them and see about doing a return and refund if none work well at all.

The battery lights but it's not firing the clearo for more than a second.
The smokeless image auto batteries had a center stem that sometimes needed to be pulled up a smidge. It wasn't often but was a great tweak.

Those batteries should have that center, as you call it "stem", on them, too. I know the KangerTech Evod batteries and all the JoyeTech ones do anyway.

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
They screw on the new ones just fine.. it just takes so more mouth vacuum to fire it up than any other device I've used. The battery lights but it's not firing the clearo for more than a second.

The most recent review on the website for those batteries, says that person was having the same problem with them.

"Pretty Good
12/28/2018
The draw on the batteries is too easy. I have to plug the vent holes on my cartomizers in order to create enough vacuum to initiate power from the battery."

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Your battery isn't making contact or the draw is too loose. If the former, the center pin ("stem") on your battery is too recessed. You can try to "fix" them, by prying it up a bit, but the end result is that the pin is going to get pushed back in eventually. Do that too many times and you will stress the insulator and have a shorted-out eGo. Been there, done that at least 103.7 times.

While it is true that you bought "generic" eGo batteries in that Joyetech is the originator of the eGo battery, I have eGo batteries from several different brands as well as non branded ones from China that are fine. Your mileage will vary as to the quality of the batteries. Even no-name ones can be good. I have many no names as well as brand eGo batteries. As long as it has eGo threads below the 510, it's an eGo battery and it has been that way for at least 10 years. When people say "eGo battery", they are referring to a stick battery with eGo threads. "eGo" has basically become a generic term, not so much a Joyetech brand anymore.
    • Vision spinner is an eGo battery
    • Kanger EVOD is an eGo battery (with a different button)
    • Karnoo is an eGo battery
    • SI X2 is an eGo battery (witham 808 rather than a 510)
    • Aspire CV VV is an eGo battery
    • Innokin itaste VV is an eGo battery with a screen
    • Big Jim's Vape Stick is an eGo battery
    ...and so on.

Anyhow, this is why I stand by my suggestion that I know you do not want to hear. At the very least, learn to live with a button. You'll have much better options still available out there. Trying to find an auto draw eGo battery is like finding a needle in a haystack and if you do find a good source, even if they have new stock (doubtful) thy won't be around much longer.

That or learn to live with using the small cigalike form factor. Halo, MigVapor and Bedford slims still sell auto draw 510 cigalikes.

Magic Mist also has a ton of different auto draw cigalikes. But no auto draw eGos last I checked and no 808 threads IIRC. Auto Draw 510 cigalikes are much easier to find then auto draw eGo batteries.

Last edited:

opal

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2012
    Your battery isn't making contact or the draw is too loose. If the former, the center pin ("stem") on your battery is too recessed. You can try to "fix" them, by prying it up a bit, but the end result is that the pin is going to get pushed back in eventually. Do that too many times and you will stress the insulator and have a shorted-out eGo. Been there, done that at least 103.7 times.

While it is true that you bought "generic" eGo batteries in that Joyetech is the originator of the eGo battery, I have eGo batteries from several different brands as well as non branded ones from China that are fine. Your mileage will vary as to the quality of the batteries. Even no-name ones can be good. I have many no names as well as brand eGo batteries. As long as it has eGo threads below the 510, it's an eGo battery and it has been that way for at least 10 years. When people say "eGo battery", they are referring to a stick battery with eGo threads. "eGo" has basically become a generic term, not so much a Joyetech brand anymore.
    • Vision spinner is an eGo battery
    • Kanger EVOD is an eGo battery (with a different button)
    • Karnoo is an eGo battery
    • SI X2 is an eGo battery (witham 808 rather than a 510)
    • Aspire CV VV is an eGo battery
    • Innokin itaste VV is an eGo battery with a screen
    • Big Jim's Vape Stick is an eGo battery
    ...and so on.

Anyhow, this is why I stand by my suggestion that I know you do not want to hear. At the very least, learn to live with a button. You'll have much better options still available out there. Trying to find an auto draw eGo battery is like finding a needle in a haystack and if you do find a good source, even if they have new stock (doubtful) thy won't be around much longer.

That or learn to live with using the small cigalike form factor. Halo, MigVapor and Bedford slims still sell auto draw 510 cigalikes.

Magic Mist also has a ton of different auto draw cigalikes. But no auto draw eGos last I checked and no 808 threads IIRC. Auto Draw 510 cigalikes are much easier to find then auto draw eGo batteries.

Sadly, SI's X2 is a thing of the past.. Smokeless image has disappeared from the web :( Those folks have had me as a customer since 2012

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 17, 2012
    NYC
    Wow, magic mist was where I got my first starter kit. It was like my very first mod after wife came home with a disposable 10 years ago. Anyway, you can go to fastech click on ecigs then batterys. The search will bring up a pretty large sellection of cigalikes and ego pens that you can buy in bulks. Goodluck!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Sadly, SI's X2 is a thing of the past.. Smokeless image has disappeared from the web :( Those folks have had me as a customer since 2012

There really are only 2 solutions for you at this point.

Solution 1: You have to get used to a button so that you can continue to use an eGo-styled (for a little while anyway), but you have to be willing to switch to a 510/eGo threading instead of an 808/eGo threading because 808/eGo batteries are impossible to find, especially in auto-draw. This solution will allow you to continue to use any 510 or eGo tanks you have.

Solution 2: Switch to a more modern device, like a pod system. This means all your tanks will be obsolete and useless when your current batteries become useless.

If you go with solution 2, Uwell makes a popular pod system that is a sort of stick-style form factor called the Caliburn. It can be used as both an automatic (draw activated) vape and a button activated vape.

• Informative
    Reactions: MLEJ and opal

opal

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2012
    Wow, magic mist was where I got my first starter kit. It was like my very first mod after wife came home with a disposable 10 years ago. Anyway, you can go to fastech click on ecigs then batterys. The search will bring up a pretty large sellection of cigalikes and ego pens that you can buy in bulks. Goodluck!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I just came from fasttech - first it said, on each item, free shipping to the US.. then it added shipping charges. I could live with that. Then when I clicked the *not paypal* CC payment link.. it tried to take me to paypal anyway - 5 times. Any time I try to use paypal outside the Americas, I get 3 weeks of grief trying to get it going again.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I just came from fasttech - first it said, on each item, free shipping to the US.. then it added shipping charges. I could live with that. Then when I clicked the *not paypal* CC payment link.. it tried to take me to paypal anyway - 5 times. Any time I try to use paypal outside the Americas, I get 3 weeks of grief trying to get it going again.

FT isn't really the best place to buy from these day IMHO. Not only is the free shipping painfully slow anymore, their customer service has gotten worse and people have been reporting payment problems since they revamped the payment form.

JMHO.

Reactions: opal

Pamawoman

Too Blessed To Stress
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 14, 2012
    Orlando
    I had the same issue. I preferred a buttonless E-cig. It takes time but you do get used to the button. If you really just are not ready to switch I recommend a refillable pod system. I use a MyJet with the refillable pods at times and it feels the closest to the Smokeless image. Small and lightweight. Hope that helps. It really sucks when these companies go out of business. Smokeless Image got me off of the nasties and I will be forever grateful to them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread