Trying to find a charger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatSmith

Jan 9, 2018
So I recently bought a vape kit from a friend and it came with two vapes one that works fine but another that he didn't have a charger for I've searched and searched to try to find the exact same vape as mine online (because I don't want to buy a charger for a newer model) and I simply can't find the exact same vape the vape is a vision spinner and on the side it says vision 2013 which tells me it's an old model but I can't seem to find any pictures of the vape online. Long story not very short I would appreciate some help on this issue. I'll attach a picture of the vape
IMG_20180108_211827.jpg
IMG_20180108_211910.jpg

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
Welcome to ECF!

I think those use any standard Ego battery charger. They screw on to the threads on the top.
It would probably cost about $6 online, plus shipping.

Joyetech eGo Rapid USB Charger

You might be able to find one at a vape store.

Being that it's from 2013 (almost 5 years ago), it may not work anymore.

For about $20 - $30 you can get a starter kit that will be a big improvement over the spinner.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
I agree with what the others said. That is an older model vision spinner. Judging by the older style, and the rough wear of the mod, chances are, the battery is old and probably doesn't hold a charge very well. There is also some sort of attachment on the end of it, and the top of the spinner should look like this:
vision_spinner_6_52a8b54a55980.jpg

yours looks like the second one over from the left. They take a standard EGO charger available at almost any vape shop or online vape shop. Expect prices for the charger to run about $5 (ish) and a new battery (if you wish to buy another) for about $10-$20 online for an original Vision brand spinner (Vision is a name brand).

Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Batteries have an expected lifespan of approximately 350 - 400 charge cycles. If the previous owner recharged the battery every day that he used it, thats about a years worth of service.

Don't bother purchasing a charger for that old battery. That ship has sailed.

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
If you do get it up and running, it doesn't like the ohms much under 1.8.

He'd have to find a build deck that can fit a slinky.

INTRODUCING THE ©SMOK SLINKY™ NONAGINTUPLE COIL WITH RGB LED TECHNOLOGY

1cb5e24166883a65d822c6cb97810c85.gif

@PatSmith I hope your friend didn't sell it to you for very much.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Sorry to hear about it, but I am afraid that I agree that it may be better to move to your own (new) and self-selected setup than to try and find a charger, given that you don't know how long and how often it has been used. Unfortunately no battery lasts forever, but there are some nice starter kits available fairly inexpensively that you may find you actually enjoy more....

Best of luck, sometimes a good vape shop with decent inventory can give you a good idea about what types of setups are out there for beginners. Tell them you want something similar to what you have.... But better.

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi and welcome. I have to agree with the above. The thing on the top of it is probably a small tank base, and if you can get it off, any eGo charger will work. And it probably isn't worth it. The technology has advanced, and the chances of one that old being still useful are not good.

• Agree

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
so after being told by just about everyone who responded I've decided to buy a new vape I'm buying a Smok G-Priv 2 Luxe Edition from a friend for $80 I would now like to know what I should look for when inspecting the vape before buying it.

You can get a brand new one with a tank for $82. Free shipping. (It's on pre-order.)

$82.26 Authentic Smoktech SMOK G-Priv 2 Luxe Edition 230W TC VW APV Box Mod Kit - 8ml / 0.4ohm/0.12ohm / 1-230W / 200-600'F(100-315'C) / 2*18650 / standard edition at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
You can buy them for around $85 with delivery device / full kit from several sources, no preorder involved.
You'll need at least 2, better to have 4 18650 batteries with a sufficient CDR to safely support the power range you intend to vape. An external charger is always a good idea.

Just me, I wouldn't buy used when for a few $ more ($2-$8) you can have new.
If you just have to buy used the most important thing to check is the batteries.
Are they LG, Samsung, Sony, are they a model with a sufficient CDR for your intended power range, are the wraps in like new condition, no blemishes, tears or nicks.

Then understand going from an ego twist & mtl delivery device to high power low resistance dtl delivery device is gonna have a learning curve. It will take some getting used to & a change in your inhalation technique.
Ego twist MTL versus high power low resistance DTL are two completely different methods of vaping.
Your e liquid consumption will likely double to quadruple.

You know there are dozens of choices for much improved over an ego twist vaping set ups brand new for less than $60.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'd second the recommendation to buy new. Anytime I pass along anything to anyone I know, it's for free because if something happens to the mod anytime in the near future, that friendship could be soured... Unless it's more of a "friend" in which case I tend to think, "Why is this person selling this off?"

Plus, you get a warranty you can use, and brand new equipment for really only a couple dollars more... It's really a no brainer, unless you have troubles being patient.

And yes, do know that you are moving from pretty puny MTL to DL and hence, everything is going to need to be different (including your nicotine level, and possibly VG/PG as well.

With all that said, best of luck with whatever you decide!

Anna

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
so after being told by just about everyone who responded I've decided to buy a new vape I'm buying a Smok G-Priv 2 Luxe Edition from a friend for $80 I would now like to know what I should look for when inspecting the vape before buying it.

Looks like two others already posted what I said earlier. A new device with warranty sells for about $80 or less online. Originally, the Gpriv2 comes with an atomizer (smok TFV8 Baby Beast), and many places offer free shipping for orders over a certain amount, so you can probably get the shipping free. Keep in mind, this is for the unit itself.

When you're looking at a mod of that size, I recommend getting four batteries and an external charger as well for just starting off. Technically, you can charge the batteries while in the mod, but external chargers allow you to charge a second set of batteries while you vape on the other two. Although I haven't seen any information on the Gpriv 2 charging, if it's like the original Gpriv, it does "balance charge" the batteries, but I've heard that it charges slow. Having the charging port on the bottom doesn't help, since you have to keep the mod turned on the side to charge making it inconvenient.

The last thing you should look at, is batteries. That's a whole topic in and of itself, but good 18650 batteries can run $8-$12 each online. Just a short list of three recommended batteries are the Sony VTC5, LG HG2, and Samsung 25r. There's a whole lot of topic and debate as to the batteries, but those three are three of the most popular ones and are three that I, and many others on this board, will recommend.

Now all this being said and done, local prices and vape shops will charge much higher than online prices. This is normal. If your friend bought it locally, he may be offering you a lower price than what he (she) bought it for. So it's up to you to determine if it's worth it. For that price, I would be more concerned with scratches, overall quality of the mod itself, and what else it comes with. It definitely should come with the atomizer since those sell for $20-$30 by itself) The kit comes with spare glass for the atomizer, and a spare coil. The Tpriv is a good mod, so no worries there.

• Informative

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Last edited:

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Make sure the batteries fit. :facepalm: Gotta love the quality control on SMOK products.

SMOK GX350 battieries problem
Mod Issue
Smok V8 Baby brand new.. battery charge problems

I see nothing wrong with SMOK products. I personally do not like the oversized fire button, but as far as the mod itself, I haven't heard of any rampant problems with the Tpriv line. Smok seems to always work towards bettering their products and they listen about any problems the users seem to have with their products. Remember,t he current Smok products all stemmed from the Xcube and Xcube II. They remedied it with their further products, and I feel the Tpriv 2 is the final variant of the Xcube line sans the heavy weight, full top to bottom firing button, better and larger display, and improved 510 area, and battery sleeve killer contacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread