The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Trying to find a Tobacco style vape I actually like.... Help?

Discussion in 'Canada Forum' started by pffpffpass, Dec 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. pffpffpass

pffpffpass Full Member Verified Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    So another thread about juice, namely tobacco vapes.

I've tried numerous tobacco type vapes from;

Stinky Canuk - 5 Star

Flavour crafters - Mac Maurier, Black Cherry Tobacco,

Juicy Clear - Blueberry Tobacco

Halo - Torque, Tribeca (as well as all the ones in the sampler pack)

Vaporus - Jabba's Hooka

Jugheads - Joe smoke

Dekang - RY4, Du marier

Something about the Stinky Canuk and Flavour crafters all have this flavour I just can't stand. Mind you, I do love other juices from those companies, but this is about tobacco juice.

The Juicy clear is "ok" but definately not my go to ADV.

RY4 doesn't do it for me either. Too much wood taste to it for myself.

My go to for an ADV is Vaporus Jabba's Hookah, I seriously love this stuff but am getting sick of it now, on my 6th or 7th bottle.

So.... I'm looking to get some advice from others who have similar tastes. Halo juice is great but waiting 2 weeks for shipping just sucks. Jugheads joe smoke is great too, but I've already got a few bottles to last me a while.

Anyone got any recomendations that DO NOT have the type of flavor found in the flavorcrafter and stinky tobacco blends?

Dekang du maurier is pretty good to but I'm looking for something...... yum.... With a tobacco taste.

2. Nubbie

Nubbie Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 25, 2012
    Alberta Canada
    You could always mix your own, I like the joke smoke 2.0. It's good for those days when I'm not looking for a lot of flavour, but it also makes a great base to add to something else. I really enjoy mixing it with the apple to get a apple tobacco style vape.

As a side note juggies does carry the halo line.

3. pffpffpass

Jun 13, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    This is true.... Maybe I should try to get some flavouring.....

4. Battlelance

Battlelance Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    NB, Canada
    Chances are that "odd" flavour you're getting from the SC and FC juices is something along the lines of TPA's DK Tobacco flavouring. It has this really odd chemically burnt couch foam taste to it. I've tried a bunch of tobacco flavours, and they all have that bleh taste.

I had a bottle of FC Gape Tobacco about a year ago that tasted like that, so bad you couldn't detect any hint of grape at all. I aired the bottle for about a week, then let it sit for a few months, and it finally mellowed out and was a bit better. Some people like it, some don't, but that goes for any juice out there.

I guess what I'm saying is, if you're going to DIY tobacco, expect to experiment a LOT, and expect a lot of the tobacco flavourings to have that wierd taste.

Personally, I'm stuck on Dekang DK-Tab and RY4. I -LOVE- the stuff. I've also came up with a decent recipe using TPA Black Honey Tobacco, which is pretty good. However, while DK-Tab, RY4 and Black Honey Tobacco are usually categorized as tobaccos, they really don't taste anything like tobacco. Flavourcrafters Mild Tobacco and Export Tobacco are also quite good and don't have "the taste". Same goes for Prairie Blend from GRBC.

5. teabagger

teabagger Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 31, 2010
    newmarket
    stop searching and order bobba's bounty.

6. RollandOfGilead

RollandOfGilead Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Kingston, On, Canada
  7. LesVegas

LesVegas Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2012
    BC, Canada
    I agree completely about that awful taste that exists with so many tobacco vapes. I find it in halo too, even though its really popular (and now carried by several Canadian vendors). I use Jokesmoke a lot but also Dekang, though I find the flavours vary a lot from one vendor to the next. I recently tried Dekang King of tobacco (aka Players and Philip Morris), it was fantastic and will likely become my new adv if the supplier proves reliable (2 mistakes on my first order). I also tried Traditional tobacco from Liqua, available at Vaporgeek, and it is beyond a doubt the closest to an American analog I have tried. I may try their Turkish next.

8. SoUnique

SoUnique Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2012
    Onatrio, Can.
    If you like Halo juice, why not order it from canvape. You sure won't wait for 2 weeks for them to ship it, maybe a few hours tops, depending what time of day you place you order.

9. tygertyger

tygertyger Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I've recently been vaping MLV's Black Cherry Tobacco and it's nice. Mellow but flavorful, and the cherry is a nice touch. He's got a big sale on right now too and offers sample sizes cheap so you can try a few out for taste.

10. longtimesmok

longtimesmok Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 7, 2012
    montreal
    exactly what he said, this is awesom juice

11. Dusty_D

Dusty_D Original Guru Senior Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 22, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Look towards Heathers Heavenly Vapes and Epipemods Pipesauce... both make some good tobacco juices. I've ordered some juices from vendors that have had to sit for over a month before they resemble anything vapable. Hope you're not running into the same issue with Stinky and Flavourcrafters. Don't throw them away, tuck them away and try them a few weeks later. See if that changes them.

12. smokum

smokum Canadian Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Has any Canadian tried the Innovapor ULTRApure juice ? thoughts ?

13. VIPOD

VIPOD Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 15, 2010
    NB,Canada
    If you want a true tobacco taste, with an ever so slight sweetness, give Liqua Traditional Tobacco a try.

14. pffpffpass

Jun 13, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I think I'm going to try bobba's bounty next. Maybe a few of the others mentioned. Just have to wait until next pay check. Darn Christmas presents. :D

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

15. Oriana871

Oriana871 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2012
    Toronto
    I love Bobba's, however it took a while for me to like it. I read tons of reviews and apparently my response is quite common. This juice really mellows with time and then it's just excellent.

16. shades

shades Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 3, 2009
    Perth, Ontario
    I love the Gollum and Dark Horse from HHV, another strongly voiced one is Gandalf and Heavenly T but personally not so fond of those two, as I find them too sweet.

If the one from itsjustvapor.com is the one I got to try at the vape meet then it is pretty damn awesome too

17. idle

idle Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 24, 2012
    Malton Ontario
    You could try a couple tobaccos from Gentleman's Reserve, like Kicking Horse or Rugged. They at very least don't have that certain flavour that you are talking about with many of the tobacco ones you have listed.

18. farmer_bric

farmer_bric Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 24, 2011
    Maberly, ON
    Just tried a Pink Spot sampler pack that had Swagger in it, and you might like it. VERY distinctiive, quite strong but goes down smoothly:)

Only problem is it's expensive :(

19. rock83

rock83 Full Member

Jan 3, 2013
    canada
    where do you order this juice from? bobbas bounty?

20. collectuer

collectuer Unregistered Supplier

Aug 22, 2012
    Guelph
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.