• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Trying to find a Tobacco style vape I actually like.... Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pffpffpass

Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Toronto Canada
So another thread about juice, namely tobacco vapes.

I've tried numerous tobacco type vapes from;

Stinky Canuk - 5 Star

Flavour crafters - Mac Maurier, Black Cherry Tobacco,

Juicy Clear - Blueberry Tobacco

Halo - Torque, Tribeca (as well as all the ones in the sampler pack)

Vaporus - Jabba's Hooka

Jugheads - Joe smoke

Dekang - RY4, Du marier

Something about the Stinky Canuk and Flavour crafters all have this flavour I just can't stand. Mind you, I do love other juices from those companies, but this is about tobacco juice.

The Juicy clear is "ok" but definately not my go to ADV.

RY4 doesn't do it for me either. Too much wood taste to it for myself.

My go to for an ADV is Vaporus Jabba's Hookah, I seriously love this stuff but am getting sick of it now, on my 6th or 7th bottle.

So.... I'm looking to get some advice from others who have similar tastes. Halo juice is great but waiting 2 weeks for shipping just sucks. Jugheads joe smoke is great too, but I've already got a few bottles to last me a while.

Anyone got any recomendations that DO NOT have the type of flavor found in the flavorcrafter and stinky tobacco blends?

Dekang du maurier is pretty good to but I'm looking for something...... yum.... With a tobacco taste.

Last edited:

Nubbie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2012
Alberta Canada
You could always mix your own, I like the joke smoke 2.0. It's good for those days when I'm not looking for a lot of flavour, but it also makes a great base to add to something else. I really enjoy mixing it with the apple to get a apple tobacco style vape.

As a side note juggies does carry the halo line.

pffpffpass

Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Toronto Canada
You could always mix your own, I like the joke smoke 2.0. It's good for those days when I'm not looking for a lot of flavour, but it also makes a great base to add to something else. I really enjoy mixing it with the apple to get a apple tobacco style vape.

As a side note juggies does carry the halo line.

This is true.... Maybe I should try to get some flavouring.....

Battlelance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Chances are that "odd" flavour you're getting from the SC and FC juices is something along the lines of TPA's DK Tobacco flavouring. It has this really odd chemically burnt couch foam taste to it. I've tried a bunch of tobacco flavours, and they all have that bleh taste.

I had a bottle of FC Gape Tobacco about a year ago that tasted like that, so bad you couldn't detect any hint of grape at all. I aired the bottle for about a week, then let it sit for a few months, and it finally mellowed out and was a bit better. Some people like it, some don't, but that goes for any juice out there.

I guess what I'm saying is, if you're going to DIY tobacco, expect to experiment a LOT, and expect a lot of the tobacco flavourings to have that wierd taste.

Personally, I'm stuck on Dekang DK-Tab and RY4. I -LOVE- the stuff. I've also came up with a decent recipe using TPA Black Honey Tobacco, which is pretty good. However, while DK-Tab, RY4 and Black Honey Tobacco are usually categorized as tobaccos, they really don't taste anything like tobacco. Flavourcrafters Mild Tobacco and Export Tobacco are also quite good and don't have "the taste". Same goes for Prairie Blend from GRBC.

LesVegas

ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2012
BC, Canada
I agree completely about that awful taste that exists with so many tobacco vapes. I find it in halo too, even though its really popular (and now carried by several Canadian vendors). I use Jokesmoke a lot but also Dekang, though I find the flavours vary a lot from one vendor to the next. I recently tried Dekang King of tobacco (aka Players and Philip Morris), it was fantastic and will likely become my new adv if the supplier proves reliable (2 mistakes on my first order). I also tried Traditional tobacco from Liqua, available at Vaporgeek, and it is beyond a doubt the closest to an American analog I have tried. I may try their Turkish next.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Look towards Heathers Heavenly Vapes and Epipemods Pipesauce... both make some good tobacco juices. I've ordered some juices from vendors that have had to sit for over a month before they resemble anything vapable. Hope you're not running into the same issue with Stinky and Flavourcrafters. Don't throw them away, tuck them away and try them a few weeks later. See if that changes them.

Oriana871

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
Toronto
Thanks for the replies everyone. I think I'm going to try bobba's bounty next. Maybe a few of the others mentioned. Just have to wait until next pay check. Darn Christmas presents. :D

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I love Bobba's, however it took a while for me to like it. I read tons of reviews and apparently my response is quite common. This juice really mellows with time and then it's just excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread