Trying to get mother in law into vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys so Ive been vaping for a little over a year, im now using an rda/mech and diy my own juices.... Long story short in hooked, I vape 0 nic during the day and if I drink or really feel the need for a real cigarette (because I'm in the Marine Corps, and my buddies smoke all day) then I bust out my backup bottle that I keep 6mg/ml nic of my favorite flavor... Haven't smoked touched a cigarette, even while drinking in 7 months...

I'm Trying to my mother in law into it now and get her off smokes... She's very interested, loves my flavors but has some concerns.... She's tried the gas station throw always and never been successful

1 - hardware , she wants a much smaller device than my current setup, to be practical for her... I tried to explain, when I got into it I thought the hardware was excessively bulky compared to smoking. I tried to start small, and moved into clearo/ego setups, but was not satisfied and still needed to smoke until I found the improved airflow/quality of vape out of an rda mech with a quad coil setup around .3 ohm...

She loves on the opposite coast so won't have me there for encouragement so I don't want her to start on an ego / clearo setup and get frustrated like I did with broken batteries and ....ty vape experience... I soldered my egos back together countless times but she doesn't have that mindset, I think if it becomes a pain before she made the switch completely she will falter.

I also want to get her relatively inexpensive hardware... I doubt she will feel confident dropping hundreds of bucks on something she's not sure of yet... Ya I stuck to it thru a bunch of different broken and frustrating hardware but I had a baby on the way, she doesn't have such motivation....

So, with that said.... Can I get some recommendations on some less bulky setups yall think would be good enough to keep a newb's interest long enough to fully give the switch to vaping a go?

- I'm temped to just keep trying to sell her on rda/ mech setups, and teach her husband the ropes over Skype (he would have no trouble building coils and stuff, and they do plan on doing it together). Only reason I say mech is they are cheap (my clone rda/mech cost under 30 bucks combined, drilled out the rda and it vapes as good as my friends high dollar stuff)

- at the same time I'm thinking kamry x6 or similar vv mod with an aerotank and a handful of my 1.1 ohm coils for it that improve vape a lot... Problem here is still airflow/flavor for me at least, I ONLY use this setup when fishing because I can't drip constantly. vaping out of ANY tank I've tried no matter what coils I've built for it is still lacking IMO

2- flavors

Again, I went thru half a million flavors before I quit on the store bought and began diy... It was frustrating, and a lot of the time I was only satisfied by the nic, and still felt a desire to smoke... I started on tobacco blends and was always unhappy and now I only mix fruity blends, I don't even own tobacco flavorings...

Obviously due to this I'm going to take her to madvapes and Electra vapor and try as many flavors as I can get her to, but any advice (I know it's all personal opinion) on where to start trying flavors would be appreciated....

I'm worried with her mentality that she may try ten flavors or so, not like em and make a decision it's not right for her.... Not trying to force anything on her, but I want to aid her in the right direction as much as possible...

I smoked pack a day for 8 years, she's 1-2 packs for 20 years so it's going to be tough

Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
I don't want her to start on an ego / clearo setup and get frustrated like I did with broken batteries and ....ty vape experience... I soldered my egos back together countless times but she doesn't have that mindset, I think if it becomes a pain before she made the switch completely she will falter.

My opinion? A major reason people find it difficult to transition to vaping is simply "taste". Most of us smoked one brand because we simply liked the taste of it. Vaping is no different - at least at first. Even a Provari won't make bad juice any more palatable. And when they do find something they can vape, there's usually not enough nicotine or they continue to vape like they smoked... which isn't enough.

I wouldn't write those egos off just yet. Other than being non-regulated I never had a problem with any of them. I think step one is to get her a multitude of flavors with generous nic levels and some cheap clearos to handle a variety of e-liquid. There will be time to improve her vape with better gear when she's found a few flavors she likes and her nic cravings have been satisfied.

GinnyTx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, TX
eLeaf iStick (she can passthrough when it's charging) two Kanger V'2s (maybe a back up ego you're not using) and Mother's Milk or Unicorn Blood and call it a day.

I read your title and thought (with my ex monster in law) Trying to get my mother in law to anything..why? (is my Freudian slip showing?*LOL*)

good luck

Nice wonner! I actually got lucky and my mother in law is an awesome woman so I'd like to keep her alive a while haha.

I'm taking her today to try tons of flavors from both Electra and mad vapes... I think what I'll do is give her my kamry and aerotank, along with an older iclear 30s...

I'm visiting them in xmas so if she likes those for a month and a half, I'll bring my goodies and teach her and her husband how to use rdas to step it up... She hit my rda and near coughed a lung out because it's .3 ohm quad coils with lots of airflow, but she didn't understand the need to move the vapor quickly at that resistance so she got a lungful of heat

Thanks for the help, I looked up the I stick and that's bigger than what she would be wanting, I was thinking something slim in the VV category that's not expensive and has more options than the kamry since she'll be stuck with factory built coils

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread