Trying to get my GF to drop analogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trox.Shawn

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2009
Des Allemands, Louisiana
I know with the excitement of the xHaler is still around, as I am also freaking out and can't wait, but I am on the back porch with my girlfriend vaping reading about the xhaler. Then she lit an analog and the smell just totally disgusted me. I've tried to get her to use my protege, but she always say "its not a cigarette" which of course it isn't but thats the point.

Any way I was thinking that if I bought her a pink kr808d-1 kit with pcc maybe she would start. She loves pink and the kr808-1 would be the easiest for her as I can just filled like 3 carts when I fill mine to last her a day. Figure the easier I make it the more likely she would use it.

I do have a few question though. Whats the difference between the auto, and manual battery? I know the button and yada yada, but I mean does the auto battery work like the auto 510's did (horribly) or are they functional?
Do the manual ones fit in the PCC?
What colors are the carts? If I get her a pink one I would like to try and get her carts that "match" not pink but just plain white maybe.

Thanks
I guess this is what I am doing while waiting for my xhaler

Trox.Shawn

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2009
Des Allemands, Louisiana
She uses my protege every once in a while, but I only use tobacco flavors. I just asked her and showed her the pink one, but she is afraid she wouldn't use it. I told her I would pay for it, and if she doesn't use it I'm sure I can sell it to someone.

I would probly get her all the HV cafe mocha tobacco, juicy pear, and french vanilla coffee

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I would TOTALLY suggest buying some samples of yummy flavors for her to sample as well as getting the e-cig ready,set, go for her.

When Peanut Butter Cup and Blueberry Crumble come back in stock- JUMP! There's a reason that schtuff sells out :D I'm HOOKED on the PBcup!! I can't even do tobacco flavors anymore, can't believe I did for so many years!

If she smokes full strength cigs you might get some of the higher nic samples too... My sister caved for Almond Joy. Oddly enough we both love some of the fruity flavors I would have swore I would hate... If you find a flavor yummy enough and she gets her nic fix you may have a chance of getting her to convert. Good luck!!!

I literally walk through supermarkets now and can smell smokers about 5 ft away and they REEEEEEKKKKKKKK... It grosses me out and I think, that was me for over 25 years!!! I hope you get her off the analogs :D

Trox.Shawn

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2009
Des Allemands, Louisiana
I try not to push the subject to much to her, because honestly I used to be a smoker so I have to right telling her its gross. I am trying I let her try all my stuff all the time. She likes the pear lung juice I have, and the butterscotch. It's not really the taste she is worried about, honestly, I think its that I have done so much tinkering and modding to mine that she has this notion that is it complicated. Of course now that I have the KR808d-1 carts for my protege (and very soon xHaler) I may be able to show her it is really simple to just charge the battery, and swap out the carts.

Of course she never charges her phone, so I'm sure that'll be the next excuse "I can't remember to charge my phone much less those things"

EDIT: She is much like her mother though, she worries more about what others think than anything else. Lets face it when you use a PV in public people are always asking what it is, and giving you strange looks

WonderfulMe

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Northern California
I would TOTALLY suggest buying some samples of yummy flavors for her to sample as well as getting the e-cig ready,set, go for her.

I agree. The only reason I think I still smoke (about 7 analogs a day down from a pack and a half) is because no tobacco flavor tastes/feels just like an analog. I cut back more than I did originally when I discovered Drew's juice (that sounds gross) :rolleyes: because it is so yummy. It adds to my motivation, because it's one more way in which vaping is better than smoking. I mean, why give up smoking for something inferior? When she finds her "it" flavor, it will probably motivate her more and spark her interest in getting her own e-cig.

BTW hoping the xhaler will finally get me down to nothing (or maybe just 1-2 a day)

sstambo

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
Cape Coma, Florida
My hubby is using the e-cig & he still is smoking a little bit. I think you should go ahead and get her the kit just to play with. I'm sure she will find it is fun to change up the flavors. But maybe try to get her an e-cig that still looks like a cigarette to some degree. Maybe with a cool little pink case. I know how you feel I just wanna grab everyone I see & try to convert them. Especially those I love and care about.

alphafemale

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2009
Marshall, Michigan
Trox-I went with the KR808 because I wanted it to look and feel like a cigarette plus I didn't want to mess with refilling. I PM'd Drew and told him this. I didn't choose my battery color at that point. He sent me white and the plain tobacco carts are tan. Wala-looked like an analog!

So, now I have every color battery available and 29 flavors of Drew's juices.

I would suggest getting the kit with 2 white batteries and 16mg plain tobacco or Marlboro cartos, that is if she is a non menthol smoker. She will have 1 battery on the charger while she is using the other, excuse eliminated.

The cartos are all different colors depending on flavor and strength.

Hope this helps and good luck with the conversion! Oh ya, show her our pimpin pics too :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread