Trying to understand what is compatible with what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

arizona18

Oct 11, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I'm sure there is a post on here about this but I have not had any luck finding it.

Currently I use the Ego T system and I feel it is time for a change. I do not know what kind of connection it is (510, 808, etc) and I do not understand what really fits with what.

I've been looking at the Provari for the battery but I am really not sure what I can use for the atomizer. Of course I have a handful of Ego T (type A) atomizers and a couple clearomizers that fit the Ego battery. I do want to move away from the Ego altogether but I do not want to go out and order a bunch of stuff that is not compatible. I'm really not looking for any suggestions on what others think is best to go with, although I am open to all suggestions, but moreso just to understand all of the jargon that I am reading. Is there a legend or something that I can ready to better understand?

I very much appreciate everyone's time.

Kind Regards,

Nick

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Yep, everything is compatible now, not like the old days... Just screw in an adaptor and vape away.

510 is the 'standard'. Your eGo's are 510 and so is the Provari. So basically you can mix and match to your heart's content. However... if you wanted to use an eGo-T or Stardust type device (ie. a carto with a skirt) on your Provari, you would need a 510-eGo adaptor.

If you were wondering where to start and what to use on your Provari, maybe start with a Vivi Nova for the Provari, and a Mini Vivi Nova for your eGo battery. They come in different colors of plastic tanks and metal tanks! And you can buy spare heads, so no need to throw away the whole thing. Try it, you won't be disappointed.

Kay1959

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
Out in the middle of Nowhere
Yes, just about anything will work on a Provari. For things like the clearomizer that use the outside threading on the eGo battery you will need a 510 to eGo adapter. Something like this.
510 Battery to eGo Atomizer Adapter

As far as understanding the lingo. There are New Members Sticky notes that will answer these questions. If you see something that is underlined like atty you can hover your mouse over it and it will tell you what that abreviation means.

I decided to go a little bit less expensive than the Provari so I ordered The New EpicStorm by L-Rider. I grabbed a couple mini vivi novas and a couple regular vivi novas. Just so I could see a comparison between new products I also ordered the eGo C twist 1000mah battery, so I could see the difference between the PV and the eGo battery. Also ordered a few cone shaped eGo dual coil 1.5ohms from Smoktech. We'll see :) I'll let you all know, maybe post a video. Wo0t!

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
I decided to go a little bit less expensive than the Provari so I ordered The New EpicStorm by L-Rider. I grabbed a couple mini vivi novas and a couple regular vivi novas. Just so I could see a comparison between new products I also ordered the eGo C twist 1000mah battery, so I could see the difference between the PV and the eGo battery. Also ordered a few cone shaped eGo dual coil 1.5ohms from Smoktech. We'll see :) I'll let you all know, maybe post a video. Wo0t!

Wow good selection! You are a fast learner lol. Hope you have some good ejuice samples on the way, as no device is worth the metal it's made from, if used with rubbish juice.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
is there a specific place that you've found that makes exceptional juices?

There are lots of good houses. Browse the threads on the forum. There are threads like 'name your favorite vendor', 'which juice can't you live without' , stuff like that lol.

My favorites are VaporGod (number one for me personally), DFW Vapor, KickBass Vapor, Vape Dudes.

Okay,..

So I acquired a few items.

eGo C Twist
Epic Storm by L-Rider
1.7 ohm Smoktech Cartomizer
Vivi-Nova atomizer
Stardust Clearomizer
Dual Coil eGo Cartomizer
DC carto Tank/Carto that I picked up from VaporGod

I have to admit that I am a little bit disappointed in the Epic Storm PV. Maybe I expected too much, maybe I was hoping to get something like the ProVari for a smaller price. Either way, it just doesn't seem to be what I was looking for. The eGo C Twist is actually pretty nice. All I really expected to get out of it was a longer lasting battery with some VV. Even though it is a little difficult to see what I have it set at, for the price of 26 dollars it is well worth it. I get a more consistent charge off of the eGo Twist than the Epic Storm which I paid about 50 dollars for.

The eGo DC carto seemed to work nicely for 4 or 5 pulls or so than it kinda turned into a crazy throat hit and no vapor. I won't be buying that again.
The Smoktech carto is very consistent. Nice vapor, nice flavor and it holds a decent amount of juice. I like it.
The DC Carto Tank/cart that I picked up from VaporGod is made by smoktech I believe. I am really enjoying this piece. No leakes, holds a lot of juice, good vapor, great flavor.
The Stardust clearomizer and the Vivi-Nova are the same for me, not that great of vapor, flavor is just OKAY.

The best combo that I found with what I've purchased so far has been the eGo C Twist with the DC Carto Tank from Smoktech with juice from VaporGod.com. I'll try to get some pictures up :)

The ProVari or similar are next on my hit list. 2012-11-17 03.56.52.jpg 2012-11-17 03.57.20.jpg 2012-11-17 03.57.39.jpg 2012-11-17 03.56.29.jpg 2012-11-17 03.56.04.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread