Trying to use Liquix app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puffcat

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2013
Mesa, AZ
New to DIY and just ordered 36 mg/ml PG , VG and a few TFA tobacco flavors from Wizard Labs. While waiting on the supplies I downloaded the Liquix app to my phone. App looks easy to use but I must not be entering the nicotine/ PG info correctly. Since the nic and the PG are already mixed how do I enter this in the fields? It keeps telling me to add a source for PG.
Thanks!

vakaion

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
Australia
To be able to make DIY juice at an accurate PG/VG/nic ratio you'll need a supply of straight PG (no nic) as well. Otherwise to hit a specific nicotine level with different flavor percentage totals your PG/VG ratio will be all over the place.

The basic DIY supplies kit has a bottle of nicotine (in a PG, VG or mixed solution), PG, VG, maybe distilled water if using high VG, and flavors.
Plus safety gear. :p

Last edited:

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
Go to the ingredients page and enter a dummy pg source. Just type in pg, and enter it in as 100% pg.

Now, when you go to the recipe page, add that dummy pg source into the recipe and enter all the other information. It will have you adding a certain amount of pg, but now you have to adjust the VG/pg ratio, because you don't have pg to add. Your final VG pg ratio depends on how much nicotine and flavorings you add and you will not be able to adjust it, except by altering the nic concentration or the flavor concenteation.

You can just guess and plug numbers in for your VG% and run the calculator until you hit on the VG % that has you adding 0 ml of straight PG. Or, you can calculate it out. Like this:

Your nic and flavors are in pg, so you have to add up the percentages of those. Example:

Say, you are making
30 ml
5% each of flavors A, B, and C (all in 100% pg or close)
6 mg/ml (using your 36 mg/ml in pg as the source)

Your flavor percentage adds up to 15% (5% * 3 flavors = 15% total).

What % of the mix does the nic in pg make up?

You would add 5 ml of 36 mg/ml nic in pg to 30 ml (the calculator tells you this), so 5/30* 100 = 16.7%

So the total pg you are adding to the mix is 15% (from the flavors) + 16.7% (from the nic in pg) = 31.7%

31.7% of your mix has to be pg. The rest can be VG. Change the VG to 68.3% (100-31.7).

Now your recipe should give you back 0 ml as how much pg to add.

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
Actually, just realized liquix will do the percentage of the mix that is nicotine for you.

image.jpg

Then, here's the new calculation, using the percent that is nic/pg + percent flavors to figure the %vg.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
Or... You can just fill in the recipe as 50/50 or whatever percentage you want, then add the amounts of pg and VG together that it is telling you to add. Like, in the first example above, it's telling you to add 15 ml of VG and 5.5 ml of pg. Add those together to get 20.5 and just add 20.5 ml of VG.

You can just do it like that if you don't care what the VG/pg ratio is, or you can take that number for VG (20.5ml), divide by total volume (30ml) and multiply by 100 to calculate your actual % VG:

20.5/30 * 100 = 68.3%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread