trying to vape again but can't!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

clownin419

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2009
Mansfield, Ohio
:confused: i vaped for almost 8 months successfully. but a lot of stress along with a pocket full of batteries in the washer/Dryer catastrophe, i started smoking again. now months later i am really trying to vape again and every time i try i cough my ... off and my throat burns! can juice go bad after a few months? it looks no different. also the carts i have do the same thing. i use V4L carts (empties and pre filled). i dont get it. when i started the vapor was always smooth and easy to inhale, like a cig. i smoke Newports so it cant be that the nic is too high. anyone have similar experiences? :confused:

misantroll

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2009
Lausanne, Switzerland

VaporPhreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
Alot of people do experience this in their first few days of vaping. I know you vaped before, but after months of smoking again (especially NewPorts) the "gunk" has built back up in your lungs. You will likely cough alot the frist couple of days, but it will go away. The throat burn is concerning though. Juice can go bad, but typically has a shelf life of 2 years... I would say go for a differant juice. If you are a menthol person, and dont mind the Chinese juices (dekang) try the Strong Mint from LitecigUSA or since you mentioned V4L, their Peppermint WOW juice is awesome too. So here is a broken down list of what I would suggest:

1) Grab some new juice and/or cartos (possibly VG based in case you have developed a PG allergy)
2) Try to push through the cough for a couple days to see if it lightens up or goes away
3) For the first week at least keep water with you at all times
4) A cup of chamomile tea with little bit of honey 2 - 3 times a day to help with soar throat if you get one

ebonyknight

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Virginia
I doubt the juice went bad. I had a stock of Ms. T in my vaping can, that I had abandoned for most of a year. I am now vaping on it and it seems fine.

Probably just what the poster above said. Your body has forgotten what it's like. Funny, for me, I have been vaping for almost a year now and I still cough and gag on a good drag.

clownin419

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2009
Mansfield, Ohio
well here's the thing.... when i started vaping it was smooth and easy to inhale. i have smoked strong menthol cigs for years and never had a problem. i have juice from inhaler, wordupecig, basic china stuff i got from a buddy, and carts from V4L. none of them made me cough or hurt my throat before. it was just flavor preference. i have PG, VG, and 50/50 mix. all unable to vape now. im not giving up, i really need to get this figured out. i thought maybe it was the carts themselves? the carts were fine before though. im not even gonna try on my old 901's cuz i figure they prolly got mold or something from setting so long without use or cleaning. not gonna take a chance vaping mold! anyways thanks for your suggestions peeps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread