TS and Stealth Electronic switches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twitteliedoe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
Texas
This cant be done twitt because while you screw the venting cap, you dont know where it will stop. So the curved post maybe will sit on the other side of the switch.

I really dont have any problem with switch. GGTS has 0,1 voltage drop only, thats one of the best around if not the best. And the cleaning prossedure dont last more than 60 seconds.:)

Thanks, I get your point.

occultangle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
This cant be done twitt because while you screw the venting cap, you dont know where it will stop. So the curved post maybe will sit on the other side of the switch.

I really dont have any problem with switch. GGTS has 0,1 voltage drop only, thats one of the best around if not the best. And the cleaning prossedure dont last more than 60 seconds.:)

And thats why I made the brass pack. That way noone will have any firing issues

Imeo, when will the brass packs be available? I think I really need it. I had never been able to check my voltage under load until now. So with a 1 ohm coil and a battery at 4 volts I only got 3.2 volts under load. So a .8 drop! Maybe my contacts need cleaning.

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
Imeo, when will the brass packs be available? I think I really need it. I had never been able to check my voltage under load until now. So with a 1 ohm coil and a battery at 4 volts I only got 3.2 volts under load. So a .8 drop! Maybe my contacts need cleaning.

Clean and polish your contacts, including the GGTS tube threads (try toothpaste and toothbrush if you don't have polish...works great). Disassemble and do the same to your button switch parts. 510 threads on the mod and the atty too.

occultangle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I usually just use dish-washing soap to clean, and then rubbing alcohol on all the contacts including threads, finished with a very small amount of Vaseline on the threads. I have never polished anything, PV or otherwise. Also, I've never tried Noloax (spelling?) because I have heard some people say the metal particles in it will damage threads over time. But then again I have also heard some people say Vaseline can inhibit conductivity.

I do think my main problem is just not having all brass contacts because I've always felt my GG wasn't hitting as hard as it should from the moment I got it, and regardless of cleaning (which is admittedly not very thorough, but I do it often enough.)

The interesting thing is that I seem to get 3.2~3.4 volts under load regardless of the resistance of my coil. Having tried 1, 2.2, and 3.1 ohms. I thought voltage loss happened more the lower the ohms. But the good news is that I can still get a decent vape at around the 1 ohm mark.

occultangle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I only get a 0.2 voltage drop at 1.2 ohms..... what battery are you using that drops that much? Is it a high drain?

I'm using the Panasonic CGR18650CH. Yes, they are high drain. I don't think it has anything to do with the batteries I'm using. I just ordered both brass battery, and button springs. hopefully they will help some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread