Last edited:

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Good news! Kind of sort or, could be worse :) He has a bleeding ulcer. They have started him on a new med that seems to have slowed down and possibly stopped the bleeding. He did get 4 units of blood today and is working on unit 5.

He sounded so much better tonight. I told him that everyone is thinking of him but will hold off on calls until he feels a bit better. He said that he really appreciates that and gave me a message for all of the guys here lol

TT said to eat your hearts out because he has some of the prettiest nurses that have ever been created right there at his hospital taking care of him :p

There is one with a pony tail that was there to draw blood right now. He said that she is the prettiest of all :)

Anyway, the news could have been so much worse and I am thrilled with the news that we got.

He said to tell everyone here hello. he loves us all and to keep him in your prayers.

Last edited:

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Now that is better news than I was expecting!!!

But isn't four units of blood a lot? :ohmy:

Give him a hug for me!!!! :)

I had to edit that. They are giving him #5 tonight. I guess it takes that from the blood that he lost and to get his red count back up. At least they know where the bleeding is coming from. I am thrilled about that.

I was not expecting the news to be as good either and was very anxious about calling.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Alright, a bit of a roller coaster ride. Evidently he does not have bleeding ulcer as suspected. Tests that were done today were negative for that. They will do a colonoscopy in the morning and he feels that it is going to end up being something very simple. So, lets all keep our fingers crossed.

He did say that he is feeling much better, which is great news. He also asked for no phone calls through tomorrow, please. He really appreciates everyones care and concern but is preparing for the testing tomorrow and is not up to calls.

Mrs TT has my number and will call me if anything profound or noteworthy happens tomorrow. Otherwise, same time, same place tomorrow night. I will update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread