tubetank carto is producing dry hits after about a day of vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

steelshoe552

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2013
puyallup, wa 98374
I am fairly new to ecigs but from the research I have done I figured out im getting dry hits. Very obvious by the flavour im priming them correctly but I am a chain vapor. I went from 2.5 packs of cigs a day to nothing but an e cig about a month ago. Im using a lavatube v2 with a 3 ohm factory punched carto. I have a few questions.....

1. Once I get a dry hit the carto never tastes right again, is that normal?
2. Where can I purchase a similar single coil carto wit two or more holes punched? Or will that even help?

I guess I only have 2 questions for now. Help me please!

youngandgully

Verified Member
Apr 3, 2013
Tracy, CA, USA
The dry hit plus the weird taste means you probably burnt the filler material in the carto and you won't get that taste out. Just toss it. Since you are using the lavatube, that means you're using the smoktech XL flanged cartos. I find the holes they punch are way too small so its best to get something with more holes. Premium USA E-Liquid, Electonic Cigarettes and Handcrafted USA E-Juice by Mister-E-Liquid.com has some triple punched in stock. Also, after priming a carto let it sit for a bit in the tank, it'll take some time for the juice to saturate all of the filler. Hope that helps!

jhiga

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2013
Honolulu
Take some gentle 'blank hits' occasionally (I call them that for lack of a better term).
Meaning, take a short, sharp drag without pressing the fire button, and you should see bubbles rising up from the hole. This pulls liquid into the cartomizer and keeps the filler material saturated. I find doing this every few hits keeps the carto's filler material from burning, especially because the pre-punched hole is so small.
You might flood the carto at first, but keep practicing and you'll be a pro in no time.

steelshoe552

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2013
puyallup, wa 98374
Im currently vaping at 5v. I also use a smoov variable voltage battery with the same tank and carto and ithits great at 4.8....ive actually got 3 tanks I use on the 2 batteries. I,ve tried the 1.5ohm on the lavatube but it at 3.8 to 4v it only fires 70%of the times I hit the button thats why I want to stick with the 3 ohm

youngandgully

Verified Member
Apr 3, 2013
Tracy, CA, USA
I see. Yeah stick to the 3 ohm since those work for you. As jhiga said, you should take some unpowered hits on the carto to help wick some juice into the filler material. You might also want to start pre punching your own cartos if all else fails. Pbusardo and many others have tutorials on punching your own on youtube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread