• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Tucson Vapers???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arizona Dad

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2009
Southern Arizona
Juicy97
Actually, if I were just ten more miles south, I'd be in Mexico. (grin)
Seriously though, I'm really kind of tied close to home, since I'm a single grandparent raising two grandkids. I can get out during the week after dropping them off at school, but need to be home before school lets out. I'd sure like to meet some others face to face, but my schedule probably won't allow that. Let me know if you have any ideas??? Thanks.

Arizona Dad

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2009
Southern Arizona
Juicy and Hellen,

A family meeting would be wonderful. My kids (grandkids) are 12 and 15. I've had them for over six years now, and adopted them about five years ago. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. If nothing else, Hellen has suggested bringing them along to Phoenix, but I'm not sure how others would react. I don't want to be pushy and have children present if others want to keep it stricly adults. Believe me, I truly understand if others would not want children at the meetings. After all, the subject of vaping is NOT child oriented. LOL

juicy97

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
Well, my kids are 11 & 6. Perhaps we could just announce early that it would be a kid friendly meeting. Those that didn't want to be around kids could either not attend that particular meet or have one without kids. I know if we did it at a place that had a game room or something, I would have to be able to see it from where we were sitting of course, but I could give them each $10 & they would care less what I was talking about! LOL I think it's only fair to make the meetings available to all members, kids or no kids. Hell, some of us are just big kids ourselves!

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Jeeze Sharky, LOL... these people haven't even met you yet (and when you meet him you'll be surprised that the first part of the comment was even from him, ha). *thonk* on the head!!

If you guys can find a place that will allow vaping inside that is kid friendly it would be great! Management of the establishment would have to okay it first. I'll leave that to you two to research.

I think having kids over 10 years old at the meeting at Hazelwood's is fine. IMO Older kids aren't a problem at all. They would do fine at a table together for a few hours at a regular meeting.

For kids younger than 10, we certainly can set up one or two separate "young family" meetings where everyone can bring little kids and have them with you/us at our tables. This would give an opportunity for everyone to attend a few without the expense of a sitter. We could make the meeting a little more low key, and just a get together (don't know that suppliers, etc. would go, as they don't have children). Dan (Desrtrat) also has little kids, and has missed meetings because of children, so that'd give him an opportunity to come along.

Juicy, the 6 y/o may be a bit young to bring, but we can certainly give it a try. If she is pretty good about playing with others and being at a separate table, then it should be ok. If it turns out that it doesn't work so well, (for anyone's child) I hope you won't be offended if we ask that you don't bring them back ;) except for at set family meetings (after all this is an adult meeting for an adult activity and is focused on vaping).

Perhaps after a couple of hours the parents could take them all to a pre-designated venue with games, etc. for being good (bribery works every time!!). Game Works, Fiddle Stix and Cracker Jax are a few that have game rooms and rides. Arizona Active Kids

If we are in the Celebrity Room, it has a half wall, and booths right on the other side of the wall so they'd be within view and touching distance from you (your table on the other side of the wall) but not right in the room with us. Each booth out there has a flat screen (with sports on).

If we are out on the patio, we can put them at a table out there no problem. They'd be in view but not sitting with the group.

Regardless of where they sit, please bring along some simple/age appropriate card games, coloring books, hand held video games.

If someone has thoughts that they don't want to post, please PM me!

I'm hoping to have a schedule by the end of today, so we can make firm plans for meetings for at least 5 months in advance.

desrtrat

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
You know.. a kid friendly meeting would be EXCELLENT for me! I have younger kids (5 and 8) so I wouldn't feel real comfortable bringing them into a bar, but the suggestion of some outdoor place would be great. Or maybe someone has a big house and is willing to host a pot luck/byob type get together haha..just throwin it out there ;) OH I know..A VIP Christmahanukwanza party! haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread