Turnaround Time / Shipment Times / Confirmations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Since there seemed to be some steam blown in this direction I thought I would post and clarify some things.

Guaranteed turnaround times. We've never made them. Never had to. As a one person operation, I've always been able to adequately get things turned around and out of here in a reasonable amount of time and if I got backed up, people were always understanding and always got their product.

Concerned that you didn't get a shipment confirmation two hours after you placed your order? Well no, you won't. Please remember something about the Tasty Vapor site. We don't walk over, pull your product off a shelf, stuff it in a box and send it to you, we make each liquid, from scratch, per order. You cannot get fresher made liquids.

Also remember that as important as you consider yourself, sure, we consider you important too. However, we also consider the 50 people ahead of you who have placed orders EQUALLY IMPORTANT and I'll be damned if I'm going to shine them on.

Ours is not your typical convenience store operation where you go in, pick what you want, pay for it at a counter and you're off. Would you buy a wedding cake at a grocery store? Probably not. You'd likely want someone to take time, make it special, worth buying. We apply the same to our liquids.

There's been some over-the-top nagging in a particular thread and I have to say, there are TONS of ways to get in touch with me if you have a problem. Even my wife has been lending a hand with customer service calls, Live Help, etc.

We've had very few complaints because we bend over backwards to do this right. Cigarettes kill people and this is the FIRST alternative that's worth sticking with that I've ever seen in my lifetime an I'm not alone in that belief. We want to take the time, do the liquids right, make the experience worth sticking around for.

But you always have the people who walk in, banging on the counter, demanding attention right away...All I can say, is this might not be the store for you. But we do a pretty bang-up job for what we do and what we do, we do well, for a damned good price and a reasonable turnaround time.

Ghalenlee

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2009
Manchester, CT
Customer service and product are the top things I look for in a company, in any company. You can only truly measure a company by their product and how they react to the not so smooth orders and customers. In these things, you guys shine.

I don't have any problem waiting for a quality product, and I know with all the good exposure you're getting that my next order will probably take longer. So, umm, I'll just order before I'm down to 3 drops of the liquid I have to have every day.

Take your time, don't listen to the complainers, some people you just can't please no matter what you do. I worked at McDonalds for 9 years (for this alone I should be canonized), all those people who complained and swore they were never coming back were right there the next day, complaining again.

Don't let it get to you, you have many more fans than not.

GrannyM

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2009
Saginaw, MI
I've only ordered twice now - the 2nd time being yesterday - but was blown away by how fast I received the order - and that over the New Years holiday!!!!

In addition to that, I had some ???? before my 1st order & received an extremely prompt reply by email.

But I figure that's all icing on the cake, because of the quality of the juice (at least the 2 flavors I have so far) & the personal interest that Geoff takes. I also appreciate his forthright & honest attitude.

I was around before the internet (yah, I'm that old) & remember the days when 4-6 weeks was the norm. Heck, some places still operate that way.

I agree 100% with what Baldie & Ghalenlee said ^^^^^

Keep up the good work Geoff!!

Madame Psychosis

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2009
East Coast Gypsy
I don't have any problem waiting for a quality product, and I know with all the good exposure you're getting that my next order will probably take longer. So, umm, I'll just order before I'm down to 3 drops of the liquid I have to have every day.

Take your time, don't listen to the complainers, some people you just can't please no matter what you do. I worked at McDonalds for 9 years (for this alone I should be canonized), all those people who complained and swore they were never coming back were right there the next day, complaining again.
Couldn't agree more.
Longer or unpredictable wait times are the way that custom-order-based businesses go. And popularity breeds a certain amount of dissatisfaction, or at least, a large enough customer base is bound to bring a couple haters.
Your liquid's been crucial to getting me off cigarettes. That's worth more than any waiting.

beckah54

Dog Lover!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
Ohio
I just received my order from you this week and I thought it was very quick turn-around from your door to mine. It is the best juice I ever filled a cartomizer with. Thank you for that.

Geoff, you can't take to heart every negative thing people say. There are always haters in every walk of life. Please don't let it affect your love for what you do or your joy in doing it. And don't kill yourself trying to get everything done quickly, waiting makes us stronger!:p:p

I would rather wait a week or two weeks or whatever for a product I know was mixed just for me than receive something in two days that is not very good.

So, I say, stick out your tongue at them, flip them the bird, whatever makes you feel better and GET BUSY MAKING JUICE.:)

EDIT: I retired after 20 years with Wal-Mart so I know a lot about grouchy, mean customers!

Last edited:

Leeroy5150

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2009
San Diego, CA
I think the "good" vendors in this business have us really spoiled. Most other online retailers I have dealt with (and I purchase A LOT of stuff online) think that getting your order orders out in 1-3 days is pretty good and I agree. I have only done e-cig business with the vendors that are reviewed favorably on this site. All of them have been truly outstanding when compared to most other online vendors for other products. Expecting same day shipping every time regardless of circumstances is probably setting the bar a little too high. Even for these guys. And Geoff is one of the best.

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Placed a rather large order with Geoff on 12/31 and it arrived today. Can't wait to try the Coconut Cream Pie, Strawberry Cheesecake, Cafe Mocha and Caramel Popcorn! Feels like Christmas!! :w00t:

One question though: Atomic Fireball is..... yellow now?? Smells fine but the color threw me off....

Thanks again Geoff.... excellent service!! :thumbs:

Edit: Forget my question about the Atomic Fireball. I just read the part in your business plan about doing away with artificial colors. Probably for the best but I'll miss my red fireball. :)

Last edited:

Madame Psychosis

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2009
East Coast Gypsy
Placed a rather large order with Geoff on 12/31 and it arrived today. Can't wait to try the Coconut Cream Pie, Strawberry Cheesecake, Cafe Mocha and Caramel Popcorn!
BanjoMan, reviews would be appreciated! :D
I'm really curious about those. (I already love the Cafe Mocha; especially interested in how the Caramel Popcorn works out.)

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
BanjoMan, reviews would be appreciated! :D
I'm really curious about those. (I already love the Cafe Mocha; especially interested in how the Caramel Popcorn works out.)

Well, since it's you. :)

I've been breaking in a new 901 atty with the Caramel Popcorn. I ordered the 35% VG, which produces tons of vapor even with a stock 901 battery. My taste buds still have some Atomic Fireball on them, but I immediately picked up on the buttery popcorn flavor. The caramel flavor is a little more subdued, but definitely there. Based on past experiences with other flavors I'm sure this will get even better as the atty breaks in.

Bottom line: If you're looking for a buttery popcorn flavor this is sure to please. It's a little too sweet for me to make an all-day vape out of it, but will work great as an after-dinner desert. A+

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I just received my order from you this week and I thought it was very quick turn-around from your door to mine. It is the best juice I ever filled a cartomizer with. Thank you for that.

Geoff, you can't take to heart every negative thing people say. There are always haters in every walk of life. Please don't let it affect your love for what you do or your joy in doing it. And don't kill yourself trying to get everything done quickly, waiting makes us stronger!:p:p

I would rather wait a week or two weeks or whatever for a product I know was mixed just for me than receive something in two days that is not very good.

So, I say, stick out your tongue at them, flip them the bird, whatever makes you feel better and GET BUSY MAKING JUICE.:)

EDIT: I retired after 20 years with Wal-Mart so I know a lot about grouchy, mean customers!

It's hard because as much as I want to just suck it up and get through it, my predominant response is to staple their $20 to their forehead and throw them out of the system. As much as I believe in customer service, I don't think that's free reign to dehumanize anybody. But yeah, I see your point.

beckah54

Dog Lover!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
Ohio
All I can say, buddy, is let it roll off your back and if someone gives you grief, just refuse their orders. I didn't read the thread you referred to and don't want to.

Life's too short and it's not worth it to stress over something you can't change such as someone else's rude comments). Take it from an old lady that has learned this lesson the hard way. Do your best, treat people fairly and honestly, and continue doing the things that give you joy and do away with the things that don't, as much as possible ( I am not advising you to quit paying your taxes or anything like that ):)

It's hard because as much as I want to just suck it up and get through it, my predominant response is to staple their $20 to their forehead and throw them out of the system. As much as I believe in customer service, I don't think that's free reign to dehumanize anybody. But yeah, I see your point.

sbphotog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
O-H-I-O
www.facebook.com
I don't know how anyone could have a problem with the turnaround. I think it's surprisingly fast for fresh, hand-mixed liquid. It's not like you have it sitting on the shelf waiting to be shipped. and I, for one, would rather have my liquid made custom for me and fresh...and I don't mind waiting a little longer for that if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread