TV Commercial for Vaping Product

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I couldn't believe what I was seeing at about 4:20AM, when I awoke to see a TV commercial for "The Cue Vapor System". Thought about getting up then, just to post and find out if anyone else had seen it. Commercial was one of those TV Special Offers, but product can also be bought online (see link below).

There were comparisons of the "Cue" system to regular vaping set-ups (which are messy and difficult to deal with according to the commercial). Another comparison was of the amount of vapor produced using the "Cue"...compared to what looked to be probably a 510 cigalike battery or an E-Smart with a clearo. Can't remember the other things meant to promote it over regular vaping set-ups, but there were several more.

System costs $29.99 + S/H

This Exclusive Offer Includes:
✔ The Cue™ Device
✔ 5ml Smooth Tobacco Cartridge in 3mg/ml nicotine
✔ Deluxe Carry Case
✔ 3 ft. USB cord
✔ Dual-port Car Charger

Plus a FREE Bonus!
✔ Your choice of a full-size, 3mg/ml nicotine cartridge: Smooth Tobacco or Menthol Tobacco

Cartridges come in 3mg or 6mg nic.

Did anyone else see the commercial and think they were seeing things?

TV Exclusive Offer - Try Cue

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I believe I saw it or something like it a few months ago. What I saw was a half hour infomercial in the wee morning hours. I had brought my brother in to the ER and saw the infomercial playing on the TV in the waiting room. I couldn't help from snickering as the advertiser tried to convince viewers how their obviously "superior" vape setup was better than anything else on the market.

Edwin Betz

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2018
Dayton, Ohio. USA
Pretty cool! Wish they would allow more advertising like that. I mean, why not...they advertise Nicorette, Chantex, and other products to help smokers quit a lot of which have nicotine in them! I guess it's just a matter of time before the government tells us when to and where to take a crap...and when to flush, because we are not using the right water....

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I can see how that device would appeal to current smokers, especially in the age of microwave popcorn, Starbucks and the heat n' eat gourmet meal.

A lot of the current smokers I encounter want nothing to do with any of my 12+ (and counting) setups.

I'm convinced that pod systems like this Cue thingie will do more to get smokers off tobacco than anything in my arsenal of mods, tanks, wire, cotton, flavors, bases, nic, tools ad insaneum.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Pretty cool! Wish they would allow more advertising like that. I mean, why not...
I think its more a matter of marketing budget to be able to afford television advertising. I've only seen television commercials made by the Big Tobacco companies (Blu, Vuse), and they obviously have the advertising budget. Most other vape manufacturers can't afford to market their products on TV.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I can see how that device would appeal to current smokers, especially in the age of microwave popcorn, Starbucks and the heat n' eat gourmet meal.

A lot of the current smokers I encounter want nothing to do with any of my 12+ (and counting) setups.

I'm convinced that pod systems like this Cue thingie will do more to get smokers off tobacco than anything in my arsenal of mods, tanks, wire, cotton, flavors, bases, nic, tools ad insaneum.
Totally agree with you. Vaping is too confusing for many people, at first. I find it so discouraging when advanced set ups are suggested for the new people.

They may appeal to the youngsters, but I know I had to work my way up, learning one part at a time. Us old folks don’t do well getting chucked into the deep end.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I sometimes have to remind myself that not all smokers looking to quit or vapers want it to become a “hobby” and are as enthusiastic about vaping as I am. Some people may have no desire to “move on” to box mods, building coils or DIY e juice. They’re just as happy with a “convient” device to use.

I believe many people just want a healthier alternative to smoking and nothing else. Charge it, Pop a cartridge in and that’s it.

Anything that can offer a smoker to find that alternative is great whether it’s a pod, pen or combo tank/mod device is great!

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
And $6.99 for a 5 ml "cartridge".

Classic "Give away the razor while selling the blades at huge margins" business model.

Yep! They send 1 Smooth Tobacco one and another *Bonus* one of your choice (another Smooth Tobacco or a Menthol one), with the kit. Then hit you up for the $6.99 + S/H for replacement cartridges as needed.

IMO, 5mL of 3mg or 6mg isn't going to last the average, longterm smoker very long. But, if it helps them get off the smokes.........

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I sometimes have to remind myself that not all smokers looking to quit or vapers want it to become a “hobby” and are as enthusiastic about vaping as I am. Some people may have no desire to “move on” to box mods, building coils or DIY e juice. They’re just as happy with a “convient” device to use.

I believe many people just want a healthier alternative to smoking and nothing else. Charge it, Pop a cartridge in and that’s it.

Anything that can offer a smoker to find that alternative is great whether it’s a pod, pen or combo tank/mod device is great!
I honestly thought I was going to be like that, happy with a cig replacement that didn’t require much thought and very little effort. And here I am with 5 liters of nic in the freezer.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
7 dollars for 5ml replacement cartriges. Wow. What a deal. That comes to 140 bucks for 100 ml. And in 2 different flavors too. Im sorry, but this kind of thing is strictly for the gullible.

Yeah... but that includes the Coil.

Cue™ Vapor E-Liquid Cartidges

I'm not a Pod Mod user. But isn't that about what Many Pods Cost?

And if it can get someone Off Cigarettes, or even just pointed in the Right Direction, isn't that Money Well Spent?

Edwin Betz

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2018
Dayton, Ohio. USA
I have to admit you are right. With me I wanted to quit smoking and started with an Ego battery cartamizor. Once I saw the vape equipment on the site where I was buying my juice I got intrigued, then I got on You Tube and I was hooked. After I saw some vape competitions there was no turning back. My collection continues to grow as does my skills! rba, rta, rdta, rda, and now I'm waiting on my first mech, and thinking about squonking.

It's been an interesting journey to say the least.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread