TV Doublers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaxter

Feb 17, 2010
Minnesota
So, I've heard a lot of people talking about the doublers, and recommending them. So, how do you go about adding the nic to them? Do you add unflavored nic? Or do you also get the same flavor juice from tv? Also, what nic level juice do you add to them to make a juice with the nic level you like? I usually go between 18-24 mg of nic. How would I go about making the doublers a nic level of 18-24 mg?

curiousJan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
Central IL
A doubler has double the regular amount of flavor and is intended to be mixed so you would mix unflavored nic to it or pg or vg if you want a 0 nic juice.The actual amount you would use would be subject to the nic str you want and the str of the flavor str desired.

Are you sure about that?

I thought TV doublers were same-flavor-as-Nmg juice and were intended to mix with the TV nic-uids without losing any flavor (or use on their own as 0mg nic-uid).

Jan

Last edited:

JDSupreme

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Are you sure about that?

I thought TV doublers were same-flavor-as-Nmg juice and were intended to mix with the TV nic-uids without loosing any flavor (or use on their own as 0mg nic-uid).

Jan

All I use is TV Liquid and Doublers. The doubler's aren't double flavor. They "double" your amount of juice. If you want more flavor, simply add loranns or some type of flavor :)

I have not had much luck with DIY liquids. I have a crap ton of unflavored 36mg/ml that I bought awhile back along with my lorann's flavorings. No matter what combo I tried, I found the loranns mixes to taste just plain aweful.

So I then went to Liquidexpress.... While I liked some of their flavors, The amount of flavoring liquid required to get a decent taste combined with the cost of the unflavored was coming out to be more expensive to DIY that buying premixed liquids.

So I came across TV's doublers. The price was decent and seeing as I had the unflavored sitting around anyway, I figured I would give it a shot. I ordered the Atomic Cinnacide, and the Chocolate/Banana/Black walnut doublers. We'll see how this goes.

Any suggestions?

Safe Travels,
RIAFlight25

mn shutterbug

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2010
Marshall, MN - USA
I just got my TV Atomic Cinnacide and doubler today. I mixed up 10 drops of the 48mg nic juice with 10 drops of the doubler to end up with 24 mg, and my oh my. This is what I call flavor! I love it. It's definitely cinnamon. Eventually, I'm going to try to cut down to 16 mg and so on. The rest of my juices may just be sitting around for awhile.

JamBandPhan

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
OR
We have been getting 60ml bottles of 60mg flavorless nic juice for about $44/free ship, from americaneliquidstore.com and it has been great, you can mix it down to get tons of lower mg liquid, and the flavors they offer are good too (the ones I have tried anyway) I am very PG sensitive, so I have to get only VG flavors which limits what I can get on line. I am almost jealous of all the amazing flavor options out there that I can't try because of the PG. Good luck!

Brewster 59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2009
North Bay San Francisco
All I use is TV Liquid and Doublers. The doubler's aren't double flavor. They "double" your amount of juice. If you want more flavor, simply add loranns or some type of flavor :)

Thank you for the correction, I thought I read from TVs site that doublers could be used for 0 nic juice but would be strong due to the fact they were double in str. I must have been wrong about that. So they are basically to stretch a high str nic juice of the same flavor or apparently if you use a very str nic juice they can be used for flavoring? Seems to me 5oz fo the same flavor is a lot but then I switch flavors all the time.

Jaxter

Feb 17, 2010
Minnesota
I was thinking the same thing, that 5 oz of a juice would be a lot, and with TV only going up to 48mg of nic, you'd need at least two of the 1 oz per the 4 oz doubler, which still would only make it about 12 mg. That's a lot of juice, and if you don't like it, or get tired of it, is it worth it in the end?

I guess I just wanted to see what other people did with there doublers. I may look for some extra high nic for the doublers...

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
A doubler has double the regular amount of flavor and is intended to be mixed so you would mix unflavored nic to it or pg or vg if you want a 0 nic juice.The actual amount you would use would be subject to the nic str you want and the str of the flavor str desired.
I don't think so Tim!!

The purpose of the doubler is maintain flavour consistency across a wide spectrum of various nic levels.

If you had 48mg chocolate and wished to make 24 mg chocolate, you would loose flavour and would have to add some because of the dilution process to reduce the nicotine content.

With the doubler, if you take 48mg of chocolate 6 mls, and add 6 mls of doubler (0mg) you wind up with 12 mls of chocolate at 24mg without any flavour lost. That is the purpose of the doubler, and nothing else, with the exception of it being a tripler a quadrupler ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread