TV eGo Battery blew up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Cuzzo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Virginia Beach
I purchased my TV eGo give or take 2 weeks ago and it has been great!

Until about a hour ago....

I was sitting at my desk enjoying my favorite juice (Geoff's Blend) and my eGo flashed indicating I needed to replace the battery. I jump up from my chair go over to the charger grab my freshly charged battery and place the old battery on the charger. I go back to my desk, drip a couple drops into my atty and take a toot. To my surprise the battery flashes like it had not been charged....Had I forgotten to charge it? Did I not screw it in all the way to the charger??

So I allow the battery I had just put on the charger to charge for a hour or so, swap them out and walk away.

"What the hell is that smell?!? :evil: Oh Damn...

I go over to my charger to find a HOT battery with smoke coming off it and a straight up melted button. My house smells like an electrical fire, I gave my brother all my old 401's and my 801 and I am down to 1 battery until my GLV gets here...Just not a good day.:(

One good thing I guess is that I was not vaping it when it blew and the charger somehow still works!

Chief

Last edited:

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
DAMN! I need to alert the vendor on this too. Clumsy, get in touch with me. (888) 389-3229!

That can be pretty damned scary, and I'm sure in the history of e-cig batteries and chargers, this is likely not the first time this has happened and I truly hope this is just an isolated incident attributed to a faulty battery.

I use my own batteries and I haven't encountered any problems yet, so I'm pretty sure it was an isolated thing.

But Clumsy, CALL ME!

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
I'm curious, Chief. I didn't see a "fast charger" on TV's site, so I'm assuming that you are using a standard 510 wall charger with an adapter? I wonder if there is a problem with that and it's just starting to surface.

I've been rotating 4 eGo batteries in a "fast charger" for over 6 months with no problems whatsoever. In addition, I bought two additional kits with the fast charger and neither of the people using them have had a problem.

Belletrist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2009
Virginia
Kudos Geoff. That is great customer service. I always feel badly that Geoff has to call me on all my orders because I invariably leave some info off or somehow mess up. Instead of just send all pg or whatever, he calls to see what I want. That is above and beyond.

Lol, me too. Poor Ramilya's had to call me a couple times, and I know they're freakin busy enough without babysitting me. :blush:

It is nice to see a vendor react with an honest "Oh, shizz?! The battery did WHA?" vs. "Oh, no no, impossible, surely." :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread