TV flavors to avoid in polycarbonate tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oscill8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
sf bay area
Hi all, being an Oakland local I've managed to accumulate a bunch of tasty vapor liquids over a short period :) I've only used the ego mega dual coil cartos tv sells (love them), but I wanted to try some different inexpensive tanks/clearos like the kanger t3, vivi nova and smoktech dct-- most only come in polycarbonate and not polypropylene.

I know I should avoid cinnamon and citrus, but has anyone tried mojito, lemon poundcake or kretek (my current favs) in polycarb? Or are there any specific flavors to definitely avoid in plastic?

oscill8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
sf bay area
Thank you all for the advice! I have had mojito & lemon poundcake in 2 different kanger t3's for 3 days now with no ill effects to the plastic. Excited to try other tv flavors in the clearos as well-- surprisingly I really like these plastic contraptions. (I do wish I didn't have to worry about the plastic composition though.)

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I can't see lemon being a problem at all, it's not a corrosive, and it's not an essential oil. The main culprits are essential oils. Of those that I can see as being possibly corrosive are Anise, Lime, Orange and most definitely Cinnamon. So any recipe containing high concentrations of those, or any customize your own liquids that would contain high concentrations of those, I'd avoid putting in tanks.

If you need a detailed list, just let me know, I'll muster one up.

oscill8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
sf bay area
I'd actually love a list of ones to watch out for-- I'm a Kanger T3 fan and plan to buy the glass version by the handful when they come to market, but for now I'd like to be sure to use a carto or polypro clearo before I can get my TV juices in glass :)

No rush! As long as dulce de leche won't react to plastic, cos IT IS MY NEW ALLTIME FAVORITE EVER.

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I have to admit, I won't be much help in terms of disclosing tanks to watch out for. Please remember that Tasty Vapor is primarily a liquid manufacturer. That's what we do. We carry a minor amount of electronics as a matter of convenience. We were never, nor were we meant to be confused with an electronics outlet, well versed in electronics, etc.

I myself use very basic equipment because I'm not into the whole gadgetry end of things. I care more about vaping, than owning a unit that will also play mp3's, brush my teeth, light up and change colors, etc. And since I have kept it simple, there is a breadth of information that I'm unaware of in terms of tanks, etc. Let's also remember, that despite their lack of quality, a whole SEA of tanks are getting dumped on us, not because they function adequately but because they're a bit trendy.

I'm sure there are a few tanks that have nailed down maintaining flavor, lack of leakage, easy to maintain, etc., but they are far and few between.

I guess that's my long winded way of saying "I don't know enough about the tank end of things to provide you the answer you seek".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread