Status
Not open for further replies.

moze229

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2011
Central NC, USA
Hey all,

My first order with TVR was a success. I'd have to say that out of the few things I ordered, there's not one thing that I don't like. Unusual.

I'm just now working on cutting smoking out of my life altogether, so I was looking for a direct replacement for smokes. Now I know that's virtually impossible, but I got really close. Ginger's Tobacco. It doesn't matter if it's on my cig-alike or whatever, it doesn't matter if the battery is almost dead or on a passthrough, this stuff works for me.

This is the best thing that I've tried yet - from anywhere. It doesn't taste all that much different than some of the other TVR tobaccos, but it has an extra punch to it that I really like. It really helps me take the urge off to smoke. Whenever I REALLY feel like picking up my pack and a lighter and going out side, Ginger's Tobacco prevents that.

The other tobaccos that I've had are TVR tobacco, USA Reds, and of course, Ginger's tobacco. I ordered them all in PG25/VG75 @ 24mg. As much as I like Ginger's Tobacco, I'd like to move it around to some of the other tobaccos on occasion, but I'd like to get that TH that I get with Ginger's. It's almost like a spice or something that's creating that extra punch. None of the other tobaccos are doing that for me. Has anyone compared these with perhaps higher PG ratios? What are the other ones missing that Ginger's has? (Likely a recipe secret, but I thought I'd ask anyway.)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
TVR's USA Reds represents about 60% of a kinda funky mix that my wife and I both love. It's also the ESSENTIAL part, having tried some imitations. I go cheap with the other two juices that complete the mix, but will never again try to skimp with the Reds portion.

It makes a HUGE difference with the flavor. I love the stuff.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 4

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
It's so not like Ginger's Tobacco but you gotta try the Cuban. I keep coming back for more.

The one consistent thing for me is I order all the TVR tobacco's with extra flavor. But extra flavor is overkill for me with just about anything but the TVR tobaccos. I am a 100 VG user though. (I have problems with PG over 20%.)

moze229

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2011
Central NC, USA
Ok, so now Ginger's Tobacco is a little too much for me. LOL

There isn't a whole lot of difference between Ginger's Tobacco and TVR Tobacco, except Ginger's has an extra punch that sort of makes it seem like smoking a filterless cigarette or a cigar. At first I really liked it, and I still do like the taste and the vapor is awesome, but it's become almost too strong for me. I can get a couple drags in, maybe three, and then I need to put it down. So, I guess this isn't going to be my all day. *sigh*

I've tried USA Reds also. I'm going to try that one as an all day now and see how that goes. It almost has a chocolate taste to it, so that may not go all that well. LOL

Are we allowed to swap flavors on here? If so, I'll likely have a rather large portion of Ginger's to trade for another tobacco if anyone else is interested. It may even be the entire 30ML since TVR overfills their bottles. :) I've vaped about 6-7mls. Mine is made at 25pg/75vg 24mg.

Last edited:

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Just received my order of samples of Turkish, Toasted, TVR and Virginia tobaccos, along with Snickerdoodle. A weekender Keoki Coffee and a free first order Ginger's RY4. I know I like the RY4 because I won it several months ago in their weekly contest. I love that stuff! Not as my favorite RY4, but a very yummy different RY4 variant. I also received a nice sample of Pumpkin Spice. I will let everything steep for a few days, but looking forward to trying all of these! Already have a tank with what I had left of my Ginger's RY4.... ready for refilling! Yum! :thumbs:

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I just tried USA Reds - 100 VG 24 mg - and... not one of my favorite TVR tobaccos.

Two things it reminds me of:

The flavor profile is very similar to Dekang USA Mix. There's something slightly different about it - no doubt the VG and nic base are different - but the overall taste is the same.

The flavor really reminds me of Winston cigarettes - and that was never one of my favorite things to smoke. If you were a Winston smoker this is a very close flavor match and you probably should try it.

After two days with USA Reds this won't be something going on my personal reorder list.
:2c:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread