TW Absinthe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir_Puffalot

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2008
UK
Just a quick review. After falling out of love with vaping after my Janty stick died I decided to purchase a new device and juice I was guaranteed to like.
So PS passthrough with 801 (even though I`m a 510 fan) I cracked open the 30ml bottle of Totally wicked`s Absinthe decadent vapour range....
Wow, being an absinthe fan I wasn`t expecting how true to life this flavour is. It`s a nice green colour which is always a good start! I opted for the 18mg as having tried their Cognac 36mg I found the throat hit almost unbearable hence detracting from the flavour.

Vapour is good, not the best juice I`ve tried but right up there 7/10
Throat Hit is just the way I like it, not over powering but more than enough to let you know you are vaping it 8/10
Taste Awesome. I`ll take off a point as it doesn`t have the alcohol burn associated with some liquor juices I`ve tried 9/10
Smell Not overly present in the bottle but when exhaling there are distinct tones of anise 8/10

Overall I`m very pleased with my purchase, I do find it a better experience In the 801 opposed to the 510 which is surprising but both are brand new atty`s so when they are fully broken in this may change.
I know some people have issues with TW and their pricing but I would not hesitate to order again as from what I have experienced their customer service is second to none ,being expertly packaged with a super quick delivery time, to the UK at least.
I hoped this has helped with anyone on the fence about trying absinthe juice, as rule to thumb if you enjoy the drink, the likely hood is that you will enjoy the juice :thumbs:

VapinDove

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2009
PA-USA
www.allpathsjewelry.com
Yeah, thanks. I've been thinking about getting it myself.

Does it have a licorice hit to it? I do like licorice.

I like the actual shooter so if it tastes like the real thing, I'll probably like it.

My 1st and only adult drink flavor is Tasty Vapor's Amaretta Stone. I like it alot especially when I'm out drinking - it tastes like a Margarita. Only occassionally do I detect the Amaretto. It has a strong citrus lemon hit and is more on the sour than sweet side.

Sir_Puffalot

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2008
UK
Yeah, thanks. I've been thinking about getting it myself.

Does it have a licorice hit to it? I do like licorice.

Only a hint, I`ve tried black licorice juice and hated it but this has a flavour of it`s own, its quite a complex flavor and very hard to describe but I`m going out on limb ,so I`ll going to say yes you will like it. Don`t hate me if you don`t ! :D

Sir_Puffalot

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2008
UK
thanks for the review. FYI if you're a 510 fan, you can get a cheap 801 to 510 adapter for your pass through. I don't remember where I got mine, but a bunch of places sell them.

Cheers mate, but I`ve got a passthrough with the protege 801 and 510 connections, I should of made that clear :oops: I was just astounded with the 801 with this device and juice. Your mileage may vary but dare I say it, the 801 is fast becoming my atty of choice it just seems to heat up on the usb, probably down to the higher voltage and it seems a bit more robust.

Island Refugee

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
Hawaii and Michigan
Cheers mate, but I`ve got a passthrough with the protege 801 and 510 connections, I should of made that clear :oops: I was just astounded with the 801 with this device and juice. Your mileage may vary but dare I say it, the 801 is fast becoming my atty of choice it just seems to heat up on the usb, probably down to the higher voltage and it seems a bit more robust.
////////// I agree completely. I like the larger BE112's (801 variant) even more, with a higher voltage.

cpistilli2

Feb 4, 2010
sw florida
i was just reading a thread that has been closed for a while that started with hemp flavored e juice........and like 5 people jumped down the guy throat on how it was inappropriate due to ignorance in public perception.....which i think is crap because every one i know is aware of the differences. absinthe is illegal hear the last time i checked and its affects are much stronger than MJ. im surprised that this didn't get the same treatment, not that i agree with the prudes who were hounding the guy, in fact, one person was reciting all the tired old arguments against MJ that are now being used for ecigs....how ironic.......oh well......some people are just that stuppid......sounds good though....i order from tw so i will have to check it out....never had the real thing, i would love to try it too, you know at least once....well unless it makes you hallucinate, ive had enough of that for one life time...

VapinDove

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2009
PA-USA
www.allpathsjewelry.com
i was just reading a thread that has been closed for a while that started with hemp flavored e juice........and like 5 people jumped down the guy throat on how it was inappropriate due to ignorance in public perception.....which i think is crap because every one i know is aware of the differences. absinthe is illegal hear the last time i checked and its affects are much stronger than MJ. im surprised that this didn't get the same treatment, not that i agree with the prudes who were hounding the guy, in fact, one person was reciting all the tired old arguments against MJ that are now being used for ecigs....how ironic.......oh well......some people are just that stuppid......sounds good though....i order from tw so i will have to check it out....never had the real thing, i would love to try it too, you know at least once....well unless it makes you hallucinate, ive had enough of that for one life time...

There is a Absinthe (perhaps a knock off) that is sold legally in PA. I recently had a shooter at a bar and later found it in our State Liquor Store. Next time I go to the store, I'll check it out. I was shocked at the time I saw it in both places - thinking it was illegal.

VapinDove

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2009
PA-USA
www.allpathsjewelry.com
Sir Puff,

Thanks for the video - I watched it. It sounds intriging and healthy with all its herbs as long as one respects the alcohol content like you said. I gotta check out my State Store and see what brand is legal in PA. I wonder what caused it to go illegal?

I love Bombay Sapphire Gin - very strong and it lists all these herbs on the bottle. When I get a cold - a stiff drink is what knocks it out the best. An old wife's cure from my German Mom and her mom. Once my parakeet had a cold which is deadly to those delicate little birds. My mom put 1 or 2 drops in his drinking water and the next day, he was right as rain. By the way, his name is Tippy. (he was Tipsy that night though!) :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread