TW Ginseng (36mg) Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silk

Dec 11, 2008
Romford UK
intro
I will say here I didn't buy this, I was sent a sample via one of the other TW forum members, to give it a shot and to write a review on.

I'm a bit of a herbalist on the qt, so I must admit this one has kind of intreged me. I know ginseng, I know the diferent types, the false ones and the diferences. I don't believe its the wonder spice that some say, but I do use it.

Ginseng, is also probably one of the more 'unique' varieties of e-liquid around - if you've seen igetchas review, you will see its not that popular with some (if you haven't, go and watch it - its worth it just to see his face :) )

One sniff of the bottle told me that this would be a stronger liquid than most and might affect an atomiser for some time, this is an understatement so I chose my tools with care, and made sure I was able to drain and clean them afterwards. (I use rolled up strips of kitchen towel for draining and a mix of gin and glycerine for re-priming)

Tools of the trade.
I chose one of my TW Black Minis & fresh battery to start, once I had tried it, I then also tried it in my black 4 hole pen/USB (from e-cigs.co.uk) and finally an Evo. My reasoning for this was I have found different liquids can be quite different in different devices. I find the Evo seems to have the coolest running atomiser, followed by the Mini, with the Pen on USB being a small minor furnace.
grin.gif

Liquid Look, Taste & Smell
The liquid is a pale yellow colour, and thicker than some, making drips quite heavy.
Unlike a lot of liquids I also found this one does have a very distinct odour, and it certainly is not a liquid you would not want to get in your mouth (So I would use this with great care in an Evo).

Vape Odour 6/10
This is one liquid that has quite a distinct odour, (compared to others), and is not unlike its taste. So it is one that might get comment from people who get a whiff of it. (edit - and going by most peoples reaction, possibly not favourable).

Vapour 10/10
Plenty of it for a PG based liquid, probably the highest I’ve come across.

Performance 10/10
The taste is so consistant in this I found it worked well in all three devices. But if you want it to blow your socks off - drip it on a pen with a usb passthrough
shocked.gif

Throat Hit 12/10
I must admit this is my first 36mg liquid, so I might not be comparing apples with apples, (more is that apples with lemons
shocked.gif
) but compared to my 18mg cigar – which kicks like a Pictsy in running spikes,
wink.gif
although the hit is heavy, it is surprisingly smooth.

Taste- 10/10
This is going to surprise some, but I like it! I don’t ‘love it’ but I do like it. This is probably the closest flavour to actually be like it says on the tin I’ve come across.

Most of the others I find just taste like sweet companies, or flavourists think things should taste like. (Coffee tastes like the one in chocolates, strawberry and cherry tastes like boiled sweets or Nesquick rather than real cherries or strawberries). Yes its very strong, slightly bitter and has reminisces of ginger on the palette. But that is what real ginseng tastes like, it is not a food, it’s more of a spice and even then, it isn’t one you would add to food.

Satisfaction Rating – 9/10
Maybe due to the 36mg rating, but this is one of the first liquids I have tried that I have vaped and put down when I have finished. Rather than being so moorish I could vape all day, or so harsh I have to put it down while I have some throat lining left.

One thing I will say for this liquid, that I think stands out aver the others, is that I found it a very clean vape – it didn’t seem to hang around in my lungs. Yes the taste hung around (for quite some time
undecided.gif
) but it is one of the cleanest vapes I’ve come across.

This does make me believe that it may possibly contain real ginseng – as that is one herb/spice that is/has been smoked/inhaled – rather than a concoction of flavourings and chemicals that possibly aren’t.

Will I use it day to day? Quite possibly
Would I use it as an all day vape? No!
This is not an all day vape, I’m not sure ‘even I’ could take a pen cartridge full, and even if it does contain real ginseng – I am also not sure you should intake that much a day. So it might be one more versed for dripping once or twice a day. (and possibly reserved for a seperate atomiser - cos it really will hang around)

Verdict – 9/10
I see this as the type of liquid I would keep for a certain time of day along with an atomiser set aside for this style of liquid. I’m even considering it as an early morning vape.

Problem is, I’m not sure I would want to buy 30ml of it. 10ml would be best, I might be pushed to 20ml now I’ve tasted it, but on the whole you buy stuff your likely to vape all day and I see this is more of a special liquid.

I would imagine, that coming from the Chinese Market that this was largely done to cater for Asian tastes, rather than European, and might even be a hope to capture that side of the market in the west, to which I can see a case for liquids like ginseng, ginger, green tea and jasmine, or maybe its just a misunderstanding of the western palette.
undecided.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread