TW MK-II How to convert/repair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barn Burner

Dec 30, 2011
SW Missouri, USA
I started out vaping with a Prosmoke kit (mini auto I guess it's called?) and then started checking around and found Totally Wicked's Screwdriver. Well I wasn't satisfied with what I had so I purchased a black SD and liked it alot. Later I wanted more power, so I decided to make a wood 5v Box mod that I absolutely love, and I have been using that for several years now.

I used the SD as a backup, but recently it stopped working when I pried up on the center post of the 901 atomizer connection and apparently broke the conductor inside the head.

What I want to do now is get inside the head, repair the open circuit, replace the 901 connector with a 510 connector, and replace the battery spring with one that doesn't shrink at higher amps. That way I can run it with an IMR battery. If successful, I will also have a battery extension machined so I can run 18650 IMR's as well and incorporate a low battery light. I love the SD design, I just want to amp it up a bit so I can run higher current Genesis style rebuildable's and such.

What I'm needing here is input on how the head comes apart. I see a seam near the top, is there anyone here that knows how that comes apart? I don't want to scratch the black anodizing trying to force it. If not, I may have to drill out the head and figure it out as I go. :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread