TW Tornado, Awful Taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

bendover

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2010
Espoo, Finland
Got my Tornado from Totally Wicked with LR Atomizer today. Filled the cartridge with VG Cherry Cola zero nicotine and was ready to take a puff.

The taste is AWFUL!!! Tastes burnt and bitter...nothing like with my DSE-901. It feels like Tornado runs so hot that it burns e-liquid taste. I also tried tobacco prefilled cartomizers but 18mg nicotine is too much for me and I don't like tobacco taste they're using with prefilled cartomizers.

Any similar experiences? Am I doing something wrong?

P.S. My next thread will be....how to clean and refill TW Prefilled Cartomizers :) Condom method isn't possible as there aren't any "condoms" with them.

Mr.Self_Destruct

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2010
Queens, NY
LR attys need to be wet. You are gonna have to soak it with juice. Just keep dripping directly on the atty and then put your cart on. This will take several times. If you have juice heavy with VG, even better. Drip juice down the sides too, not just the bridge. You will flood it and leak, but after some time you should be ok.

JaYBoNeS

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2010
Vancouver
I am having the same problem with my screwdriver.Burnt taste
What is blowing out the atty????
Keep us informed on what you did to solve it.

Blow from the atomiser end into a paper towel. That should get rid of any primer. Then add juice, take a few puffs without inhaling but blowing out right away to rid any excess, and afterwards, any puffs should be getting straight juice without primer.

Burnt taste though, usually comes when the atty is too dry, or just not being fed right. Filling could be too tight, or not contacting the wick. Or any number of other issues. It happens because it isn't drawing in juice correctly for whatever reason. Could be a bad atty, bad filler, incorrectly placed filler, or over/under stuffed. The taste is from the atty heating whatever it can instead of the juice itself, basically you're smoking the wick or just the filler.

Hope that helps.

tankerman

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
Mandeville, La. U.S.A
Blow from the atomiser end into a paper towel. That should get rid of any primer. Then add juice, take a few puffs without inhaling but blowing out right away to rid any excess, and afterwards, any puffs should be getting straight juice without primer.

Burnt taste though, usually comes when the atty is too dry, or just not being fed right. Filling could be too tight, or not contacting the wick. Or any number of other issues. It happens because it isn't drawing in juice correctly for whatever reason. Could be a bad atty, bad filler, incorrectly placed filler, or over/under stuffed. The taste is from the atty heating whatever it can instead of the juice itself, basically you're smoking the wick or just the filler.

Hope that helps.
well that makes sence now. Thanks!!!!

Quikijiki

ECF Veteran
I am currently using a 510 passthrough and a 901 passthrough. Comparing both 510 and 901 atomizers, I do believe that the 510 holds less taste and more vapor; while the 901 carries more taste, but with thinner vapor.

I also noticed that there comes a point in time when the 510 atty gets really hot, FAST, and the taste disappears marginally. To solve this i just stop vaping on the device for around 5 minutes, blowing out excess juice out of the atty if i feel like doing so as well. When i do so, the taste comes back for me.

Having said that, I've noticed that the 901 attys are more consistent when it comes to getting out flavor off of juices. And changing flavors cannot be a solution for my case, because i use the same set of flavors for both devices.

Regarding 510's vs. 901's, the atty review by rtbob entitled "901, 510, 401 battle it out" actually holds very true for me. (sorry not yet allowed to put links in)

Mr.Self_Destruct

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2010
Queens, NY
I just can't get that terrible taste away no matter what I'm doing. After dripping juice to atomizer it tastes normal like 2-3 puffs and then the horrible taste is back again. Going back to my DSE-901 :( Tornado is a BIG disappointment.
It's those TW lr attys. They are tough to break in. keep soaking it. If you like your 901 get an adapter, so you can use it on the tornado. Make sure it's the short adapter or it will be really long and funky looking.

Also standard poly fill carts, will not wick fast enough for the lr atty. Try a cart mod like blue foam or the ZFM - Zero Filler Mod.

Last edited:

bendover

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2010
Espoo, Finland
It's those TW lr attys. They are tough to break in. keep soaking it. If you like your 901 get an adapter, so you can use it on the tornado. Make sure it's the short adapter or it will be really long and funky looking.

Going to try default atomizers....

I already have lips full of juice after soaking the atty like 4 times :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread