• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Twisp V&A Waterfront- visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaporista

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Cape Town, South Africa
I needed urgently some liquid so during a visit to the waterfront, I see Twisp has a very smart branded kiosk in a great location. I was quite suprised to see a whole lot of liquids in bigger bottles with orange caps at R249 and these were much bigger bottles (the largest I've seen and at about twice the size that the pharmacies are selling for R220!!!!)
There was a "training manual" left on the counter and while I was awaiting my turn with the vendor, (there was just one) I just thumbed through and saw a price list.
Now from what I accidently saw, the vendor pays R110 per bottle of liquid from Twisp and the Dura-c costs them R380, can't remember exactly, but under R400 anyway. I don't know what the selling price of the Dura-c is.
I asked about the size and price discrepency on the liquids and the vendor said that Twisp has upsized & rebottled all their liquids and listed the ingredients with expiry dates and added more flavours than are listed on the website. They must be doing booming business because people were stopping and buying.
They let me try all the liquids that interested me and the different models and I saw that the Janty stick has been rebadged Twisp but the pouch says Janty- otherwise they are one and the same. Price for the Janty stick with 2 batts, usb, and 5 filled high nic carts is R990.
They're selling a usb wall plug for R98 and Liquids for R249- and at that price not bad at all considering the amount of liquid you get!
I can't comment on the rest of the products being rebadged Janty but I only saw the Janty Stick with any Janty markings and that is on the pouch and it's been renamed to Twisp stick.
Nice experience. smoking in the waterfront... Interestingly, I passed a tobacconist on my way to the twisp stall and I asked if they had any e-liquid. Obviously they've been asked this before, and just said a firm "no" and didn't offer any help.
And:thumbs: to Twisp on the liquids - more bang for the buck and nice flavours.

Last edited:

Twisp_Cape_Town

Moved On
Sep 21, 2009
  • Deleted by Sun Vaporer
  • Reason: spammer

M L Hamilton

Sep 18, 2009
As with everything in life you get what you pay for. I have a twisp and I am very happy with it. I was at a braai on the week-end and a girl was their with a DSE-something something. She said she paid around R450 for hers. Which is fine if you are happy with that level of quality. I paid double for my twisp and it shows in everything from the build to the quality and flavour of the smoke.

Happy Days

Barkingmad

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2009
South Africa
With most things in life you get what you pay for, but that certainly doesn't apply to everything. .... and while I am sure it applies to some e-cigs ... it probably doesn't apply to all. From what I can gather from that which has been posted on these forums, that some of the e-ciggies are the exact same models from the same place .rebranded.. and yet the prices vary -eg: the dura [more expensive] and 510 [less expensive]

stephenrowley

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Depends on the flavour you are buying, most come in 3 strengths High, medium and low, High is normally 18 to 24 mg in the tobacco flavours, Medium is normally 11 to 16 mg and low 6 to 9 mg per ml, if you work on one ml of e juice equalling plus minus 15 cigs and you want to determine the correct nicotine density per cig just divide the mg by 15, therefore 24mg / 15 is 1.6mg per cigarette give or take a few, just bare in mind that the nicotine in e cigs only 1/10 of the nicotine will be absorbed into the body, so always go a little higher than you are used too smoking

Hope this helps a little

Last edited:

Vaporista

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Cape Town, South Africa
Twisp high liquid is 15mg as confirmed by Twisp Head Office. They don't have higher than 15mg...I have no idea why they are calling this high strength...beware look for 20ml bottles because these are new stock and some sales reps are trying to offload the old 10ml bottles at the same price as the new ie R240.00

The people selling Twisp products are idiots- They do not know their stuff. One rep I spoke to who was stocking in excess of 30 outlets in and around the Cape Town area didn't have a clue what strength the nicotine liquids were. Said it was 1mg per drop hahahaha. I told her to read up and get knowledgable.

Last edited:

Vaporista

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Cape Town, South Africa
Twisp really needs to start training their salespeople properly. I visited their stand again, and imparted my wisdom to my favourite salesperson there. The person was telling me how many people came back to complain about the liquids and how these liquids were causing reactions. I said to tell the customers about PG allergies and have the customers look for VG liquids online.
It was the first they ever heard of PG allergies/bad reactions. But if they can tell the customers that there is a possibility that PG is the problem that would be great.
However, Twisp don't have VG liquids...yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread