Twisted Kanthal Rebuild: Joyetech Delta II LVC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cdrabun

Jun 27, 2015
Ok, so for the last few days I've been tweaking with rebuilding coils. Heres the tricky part, I'm rebuilding non-rebuildable coils to avoid spending 13 bucks on the Delta II RBA deck. Cheap yes I know but its a major learning experience for me.

Anywho, i digress.

After much trial and error with 24 ga kanthal wire and organic cotton. I was ready to just break down and buy the RBA. But I came across this video on youtube that gave me an insane idea... TWISTED KANTHAL!

Now, of course after buying 100 feet of 24 ga wire, the last thing i wanted to do was buy another spool of twisted. So i Improvised: two pieces of wire, about 5" each, twisted. It doesnt have to be perfect, nor pretty.

But here are my overall results.

Basic Kanthal build: the cotton would swell and fill my airflow to an unbearable point, even with the 3.5 mm coil jig. The hit was great, the resistance was 0.5 ohms. but the airflow was killing it and giving me too much of a headache after a few tokes.

Twisted Build: I assumed it was going to raiser it over 1 ohm, it actually did the opposite. As a matter of fact, instead of a 4 wrap 24 ga build, i was able to do a 6 wrap, closing the gap, preventing the cotton from entering my airflow. The Resistance was 0.4 ohms(even with the extra wraps), airflow magnificent, and no dry hits.

All in all, I hope someone can use this build in their own lvc(non-rebuildables) atty heads for the delta II. For information on how to break down this coils, just check out the many youtube tutorials on the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread