Status
Not open for further replies.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
7/11/13...the day I began vaping. I went into the store to check it out ( Volcano of Cary NC ) at my wife's behest. I walked out with an Inferno starter kit and haven't looked back. 2-1/2 PAD for 35+ years, and I am still amazed at how easy it was with vaping to just walk away! I had no intentions on quitting, just was going to give it a try. Maybe it was the words from the owner of how it worked from him. He said when asked ; " I don't intend to quit, I don't want to quit". Somehow this made perfect sense to me...just the thought of quitting always caused anxiety, by stating that there is no attempt to quit, somehow this tricked my mind into accepting that this might just be OK!
It's funny, because previous quitting attempts, while using the gum or lozenges, I would still be tempted by seeing the overhead racks of cigs in stores or from the smell of walking by or being near smokers. With vaping these things don't even phase me. It seemed almost too easy at first, I kept questioning myself, " where's the downside?". I don't do this anymore, I just accept my good luck and fortune that this method of nic delivery works for me and has reduced the harm to my health. I still feel some effects from 35 years accumulated damage to my lungs etc. But also am feeling healthier than I have in years, and I have no intention of quitting;) but I will continue to vape and leave the cigs behind:vapor::2cool:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your success with the switch from cigarettes to a harm reduction system like e-cigs. Never tire of hearing these success stories. Vape on! :vapor:

May I recommend that you consider becoming a member of CASAA. This is the non-profit organization that promotes harm reduction nicotine products like e-cigs, and is our voice to the FDA who will be regulating e-cigarette useage in the near future. It's free and takes 30 seconds. Link in my signature below.

A stronger voice from stronger numbers.

Last edited:

potholerepairman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2009
Great post with an explaination better than I could have given after two months but on point to the max.I felt like a" walk away from smoking" too, in that mean it wasn't a need or desire to quit that was so strong that if it was not for me smokes were over.The vape took me, not the other way around.Thank yourself you gave it a try and got the grand slam effect, congrats.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
A heartfelt welcome and congratulations! You made it!!

I, too, found it unbelievable that vaping could so readily help me quit smoking also after 35 years and 3 PAD American Natural Blacks. Wouldn't have thought it possible, but the proof is in the pudding, so to speak. Many thanks for sharing your story. These victories mean a lot to all of us, and so happy to have you on the Team. Best of luck to you!

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your success with the switch from cigarettes to a harm reduction system like e-cigs. Never tire of hearing these success stories. Vape on! :vapor:

May I recommend that you consider becoming a member of CASAA. This is the non-profit organization that promotes harm reduction nicotine products like e-cigs, and is our voice to the FDA who will be regulating e-cigarette useage in the near future. It's free and takes 30 seconds. Link in my signature below.

A stronger voice from stronger numbers.

Just signed up now! Thanks, I feel very strongly about this subject.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Good for you!!! It took a cancer scare for me to finally go full vape.

I had a cancerous kidney removed about15 years ago, my surgeon said to me" you know smoking causes all kinds of cancer, not just lung cancer, right!". I have also watched my mothers health decline steadily from smoking caused emphysema, these were not enough to keep me off the sticks...somehow I just couldn't get a grip on the beast, until I tried vaping...I will fight for my right to choose a safer nicotine delivery means...

cdf294

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
30° 16' 0"/97° 44' 34"
Congrats ENAUD.

My story is scary similar to yours with just a few small changes.
Started vaping 7/5/13. Transition was immediate for me after 34 years of 2 pad.
Tried all the usual stuff to quit and nothing worked for more than a week.... until 7/5/13.

Didn't have the kidney issue you had to go through but did watch the decline of a family member with emphysema.
And you are right, even that wasn't enough to overcome the addiction.

VapeJunkie

Unregistered Supplier
Aug 17, 2013
United States
Congrats! I feel the same as you do. When vaping was introduced to me I had always said I am a smoker and will always be a smoker! I had absolutely no intention of quitting and then I tried this and within two days I was smoke free, never bothered by anyone smoking real cigs. I couldn't believe it either. It's been 5 months for me now. I LOVE vaping!! I wouldn't buy a pack of real cigs for anything. Now I say I am a vaper'er and always will be. Good thing is I started with 18mg nic and now down to 6 and some times 0.

Keep it up! Over time you notice more and more healthier effects from vaping opposed to smoking. Smell senses, taste senses, longer walks etc... it just keeps getting better! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread