Tye or Abe maybe you can help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

illinoismom

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2010
Midwest
okay I am at a impasse here, vaping just isn't cutting it, I use an ego battery I have several, I have gone to the tank system, it's hit or miss with the flavours i vape. I ordered so BOGO so I am thinking they may be better, I really don't like carts I am an atomizer kind of girl. I didn't mind the xl large arts that you had to use poly in, I do like the carts but the flavour isn't always there. What can I change with out changing batteries to enhance my vaping.

any and all help will be appreciated

Thanks

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
What are you looking for, specifically?

You don't like carts, and you don't like tank carts. Well, what do you like? What areas need improvement?

I ask, because everyone has different needs. I for one, need a strong TH, and something that lasts for several hours without any maintenance. I get that with the BOGE 2ohm cartos, and an eGo/RIVA battery. I'll use the RIVA when I want that extra kick.

Some people don't mind dripping or changing batteries, or couldn't care less about a TH.

illinoismom

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2010
Midwest
What are you looking for, specifically?

You don't like carts, and you don't like tank carts. Well, what do you like? What areas need improvement?

I ask, because everyone has different needs. I for one, need a strong TH, and something that lasts for several hours without any maintenance. I get that with the BOGE 2ohm cartos, and an eGo/RIVA battery. I'll use the RIVA when I want that extra kick.

Some people don't mind dripping or changing batteries, or couldn't care less about a TH.

Its not that I don't like the tanks I like the fill and go feeling I get. The no leaking that I had with cartamizors. I am only into this since Sept so You know I just don't know. I am trying the BOGO when they get here should be here by Friday. TH, vapor I just don't know. I am sooooooo confused. I thought I was doing oh so well but now I just don't know.

See I just don't know.
Could be the juice, I only order from one place for juice as *I only order hardware from you, and all my juice is 50-50 don't know any other way. so again I just don't know looking for advice from ones so much wiser then me

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Illinoismom, I'm trying to figure out what it is that is bothering you the most.

Here's what I noticed, right off the bat. 50/50 juices do not work well in the tanks. They tend to clog up the atty coil very quickly. Generally, the light-colored, barely flavored, unsweetened, thin juices work best. I use 80//20 and 80/30 formulations and they are all very clean, transluscent, lightly flavored juices. Sometimes I vape the unflavored (mostly PG, a touch of VG and a little nicotine) just to 'clean' my atties. PV is a solvent. If all your liquids are 50/50, try adding a couple of drops of distilled water per 1 ml, or a drop of distilled water and a drop of vodka. This should thin your juice out. If it's still too thick, add another drop.

I can't help you much with regular atomizers because I never liked them. Every atty I ever met required som modding to be usable, and I don't want to deal with straws, fluval, aquariums etc... So there. I hate dripping, too. OK, I said that. Sue me. :)

I love cartomizers--easy, disposable, inexpensive. I love my Boge 2.0Ω on my eGo. It's my favorite carto at the moment. I buy blanks and fill them very carefully with a syringe and 18g needle. I believe that that initial fill with the needle makes a difference. I used to think it was an unnecessary burden, but Ty convinced me otherwise and he was right. After the initial fill, I just top off frequently from my drippy juice bottle. Again, 50/50 may be a bit too thick for a carto, see the thinning out procedures described above.

Let us know how it goes. Good luck.

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
I think I don't know is more or less your answer. You need to try more things, and really find what works for you. If it's the juice or the hardware, mix it up. I mean I would hope you can find something you like here at LF, but more important you find something that works.

Try the Boge cartos. Fill them with a syringe the first time. 1.1-1.2 ml. Top off with a few drops every several hours depending on your vaping habits. If 2.0 ohm isn't low enough... Try stepping up your nicotine, or varying the PG/VG ratio for a different vape. If that doesn't work, maybe get something HV or VV.

But hang in there. Everyone gets a little weak sometimes. I almost called it quits and lit back up, right before I found these Boge cartos. Now, I couldnt hardly want for more.

Kona

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Kona, Hawai'i
www.gpmkona.com
Thought I would throw my two cents into the mix...

Personally, I too am an atomizer kind of guy. Only because certain old habits die hard and I have not really tried cartos with the syringe filling and all, just seems like more procedures, and I have enough as it is, making my own juice, etc. I will probably try cartos in the future, as atty's have always been a hit or miss kind of thing, some lasting weeks, others lasting days. That's why I recently ordered a slew from LF in the LR510 by EM and by Joye, to compare and try to find some consistency. No question in my mind that for me, the Riva with LR510 atty's is the way to go.

Now, on to flavor, which seems to be your biggest complaint (and perhaps throat hit). What I can say, in my case, after alot of experimenting, is that the poly fill in the carts that you may be using with the atty, is a flavor destroyer. It can also dry out quickly, get harsh, not flow well, etc.

I am sure you don't want to fiddle around too much with a new system, but sometimes fiddling until you get something that works for you, in a consistent way, so that you don't have to make vaping a full time hobby, is worth the hassle. What I found is that an alternative filler is usually the answer for better flavor and performance (unless you are a dripper, don't know if you have just tried that method).

There are many fillers that people use and recommend, the blue foam being one (which I have not tried). Personally, I use the PTB as a filler, which is the Lipton Pyramid Tea Bags. It is amazing how much flavor I get compared to the stock polyfil. You can usually find them at the store, though it may take a little searching. Amazon has them in bulk, but I would get my hands on one or two first and see if it is worth it for you. Basically, you empty the tea out, and use the almost nylon-feeling bag, slicing the sides, rolling it up, fold in half, and insert into the empty cart, fill with juice and vape away. There are more details to the procedure, and I would be happy to walk you through it should you ever like to try. It never gets that plasticky, burning taste, and it really flows well, and last a long time. And it becomes very easy to do, perhaps once a week.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I do believe that your taste issues (or lack thereof) may come from the polyfil in the cart. I am not the best example regarding juice, as I like a darker chocolate/coffee/almond mix (with a dash of cinammon for extra kick) with a good 30% VG and a lot of flavoring from Capella. It is definitely harder on atty's, but I just love it. I tend to stick with one flavor once I have found it, rather than trying a wide variety (sort of like sticking to one brand of cigarette that you like).

I certainly don't blame you for being confused. I found my niche with the Riva and have been away from the forums for quite awhile, and come back to zillions of new devices and mods, and cartos, and techniques etc. Believe me, I am confused too by the mass acceleration and variety of systems in this relatively newborn vaping world.

So I say, keep at it, and try to simplify, finding a nice, simple device/battery/atty/filler/juice that works for you, and stick with it for a while, until you feel very comfortable, and then can experiment again with something different or more exciting...

Everyone has a little different style and technique that they prefer, and I really respect the opinions and helpful attitude around here, with Katya and Paula and others, not to mention the fine people at LF who really go the extra mile to provide the best vaping experience for their customers...

Good luck, I hope i haven't just confused you even more, and always feel free to continue asking questions around here...

Aloha,
Kona

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Mahalo, Kona. :blush:

And yes, I agree with your recommendation of finding that one system that works and mastering it, and only then moving on to another one. I started with cartomizers but it took me months of trial and error and reading and watching youtube videos to finally figure out how to find the best cartos and then how to get the most out of them. Perhaps the reason that I don't care for atties is that I never really tried to master them. I would get one and it would leak and die on me and taste funny; so I modded it with PTB and blue foam and fluval and whatnot, but I would always get discouraged.

I like the eGo-t not because I consider it superior to other PVs, but, rather, because of its simplicity. Puncture, fill, vape. It works for me. And that's the main thing.

Aloha. :)

Kona

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Kona, Hawai'i
www.gpmkona.com
works for me. And that's the main thing.
Aloha. :)

That's it, in a nutshell, Katya. We are all pioneers on a quest for consistency, I believe, and just finding what works for each of us personally. As long as we don't pick up a cancer stick ever again, that's what makes it all worthwhile...

Mahalo to you, for all of your input...

Aloha,
Kona

ByStander1

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2011
West Virginia
Illinoismom (sorry Katya -- end of business day brain stutter :) ), first off -- "hang in there." Since the ante in the pot already is pretty big and very informative, I'll just add my one cent...

Many advise adding everclear to increase TH. I like a smooth vape, but I had to try it, because I make juice for others. VG tends to be smooth (my preference) and also a big part of what you already have. The everclear did provide throat hit! (Much more than I personally like.) Therefore, here's my penny: Before you invest in anymore hardware, just try adding a drop or two of PGA to your current juice when filling.

Best of luck! You've certainly come to the right place for help. Aren't these folks incredible?!

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Vodka and rum are nice too.
images

illinoismom

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2010
Midwest
Okay so I got some bogo's in the mail, I seem to like the 2.0 much much better then the 3.0 could be the ego batteries, I ordered
juice from a different vender with a different mix ratio not quite enjoying their juice so I am going to try a different one. I already killed a 2.0 I think by over filling it. It worked went to fill some more then nothing as this is a learning curve.

I love love my new egoT battery in purple,. So I just placed a new order for more 2.0 and 2 more tanks still love those, hoping the change of juice helps. Although I feel guilty about using different venders as I try to stay loyal

Just thought I would up date you all

ByStander1

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2011
West Virginia
Okay so I got some bogo's in the mail, I seem to like the 2.0 much much better then the 3.0 could be the ego batteries, I ordered
juice from a different vender with a different mix ratio not quite enjoying their juice so I am going to try a different one. I already killed a 2.0 I think by over filling it. It worked went to fill some more then nothing as this is a learning curve.

I love love my new egoT battery in purple,. So I just placed a new order for more 2.0 and 2 more tanks still love those, hoping the change of juice helps. Although I feel guilty about using different venders as I try to stay loyal

Just thought I would up date you all

Thanks for the update! And...........so glad you're happy!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread