Not open for further replies.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I just got my type B eGo-t atties from Vicky. I opened the package, blew out the primer, pierced and filled the tank and started vaping. No cleaning, no modding, no nonsense. I love this thing. I don't know why, but this atomizer and tank combo is somehow much nicer than the type A. The vape is smoother, richer, comforting. Plenty of vapor, great flavor. The vapor feels warmer. No plastic taste whatsoever. The larger whistle tip feels softer and more comfortable in my mouth.

Thank you, Vicky, for the great products, wonderful CS, your very helpful videos, but most of all, thank you for those sweet birdie drawings that always grace your invoices. I really appreciate them, for obvious reasons. :)

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
I just got my type B tanks today. (Thanks for the wonderful service and fabulous artwork, Cignot!) I really have to say that this is a huge improvement and things are really getting excellent around here. Type A tanks are okay, but just don't seem to feed enough juice into the atty. I always try to free up the surface tension in the tiny hole by tipping it upside down and back. Type B is feeding really well. Now, about cleaning these attys?? Can they be given the hot water bath and blow out? Anyone?

Actually just cleaned mine today because of a tight draw. Found out that the coil was already caked up with e-liquid and the wick as well.

This is what I did once I popped off the piercing plate:

1. For the wick; I used a lighter and quickly lit it up, on and off until it became white. Blew on it a couple of times because the e-liquid started to catch on fire but there was NO damage to the wick in the end. Read that it was silicone and so it can withstand a LOT of heat.

2. Got some distilled water and boiled up a little bit and put it in a bowl. Let the atty sit in there for a few minutes just to loosen the gunk from the coil.

3. Yes I did blow it out and just rinsed it out again with the water that was in the bowl.

4. Next, I did some quick dry burns until the gunk on the coil turned to ash. Finally, I rinsed it out with a new bowl of distilled water.

5. Used a napkin and just put it inside of both ends for a little sec to help it dry out faster.

6. Put the tank back on and did a few primer hits (think that's the term I'm looking for) and I'm good to go. I don't have the patience to wait and let it dry a day or two LOL. Hit's like it's brand new again....even though I only had it for about a week but you know what I mean.

Mostly followed this video for the most part except using tap water:

YouTube - How I clean my eGo-t atty... or... Sunday morning at Vicky's kitchen sink

Last edited:

WiiWok

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Washington State
Love these B tanks. I have 5 A tanks and they've managed to hold up pretty well.

Vapor production is better, the added capacity is awesome, and, as others have commented, it seems to be a warmer vape, which I like.

I've experienced no leaking on the battery end, but I also very rarely had leaking with my A tanks.

The one downside is that I get liquid coming up through the mouthpiece occasionally on inhales. Easily remedied by not drawing so hard... I was one of those analog smokers that smoked an entire cig in like 4 drags...

Many thanks Vicki! My first time buying from Cignot, but definitely no the last...

Oh, and the EcoPure English Toffe is great, too!

tsbrewers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2010
MN
www.facebook.com
I have yet to try the B's, I am in need of a couple more atties and am torn between the A LR's, or the B. Both my wife and I are using the ego-t A's, so it would make sense to stay in that size. But the B's have been getting such good reviews so far. Of course the A's did at first too.

Anyway, my main reason for posting was to add my vote in for the dry burns. I have been doing that to mine and it is amazing how much junk collects on the coil, and how much better it works after a dry burn session. We have our 4 original atties that all still work after more than 2 months, close to 2-1/2 months. I have been doing this at least weekly, sometimes after a few days. And this is using only very clear juices.

My 2 original ones are getting pretty weak though, the coils take a few seconds to get up to temp and only seem to glow on about 1/2 of the total coil. I have retired those to emergency backups, and just opened up a new one.

Brew

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
I have yet to try the B's, I am in need of a couple more atties and am torn between the A LR's, or the B. Both my wife and I are using the ego-t A's, so it would make sense to stay in that size. But the B's have been getting such good reviews so far. Of course the A's did at first too.

Anyway, my main reason for posting was to add my vote in for the dry burns. I have been doing that to mine and it is amazing how much junk collects on the coil, and how much better it works after a dry burn session. We have our 4 original atties that all still work after more than 2 months, close to 2-1/2 months. I have been doing this at least weekly, sometimes after a few days. And this is using only very clear juices.

My 2 original ones are getting pretty weak though, the coils take a few seconds to get up to temp and only seem to glow on about 1/2 of the total coil. I have retired those to emergency backups, and just opened up a new one.

Brew

I've read that the type-B's have a warmer vapor plus more of it. I wouldn't exactly know since I only have had the type-b's and I'm very happy with it. They also got a LR type b atomizer now too. I would HIGHLY suggest you try it out if your thinking about getting more atty's

LFC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2011
NC
Loving this thing!!!!

Have only been vaping 'full time' for about a month but have gone through all of the starter delivery method options... Cartridges, Cartomizers, Clearomizers, Fluxomizers, and now with these tanks and attys I think I have found my set up. Great Vapor, Great Flavor and it seems I get more Throat Hit than I do with the XL Fluxomizers, which were winning this competition until Vicki stepped up to the plate.

Superb!!! If they last a decent length of time I'll definitely be staying with this and Vicki, if she'll have me :)

Keep up the good work.

ksmith

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2011
Colcord, Oklahoma
I recieved my type B atties and tanks today. I like the type A atties, and all I can say about the type B's is "WOW". Easier draw, better flavor, and the throat hit is awsome. They are a great product, from a great supplier that has earned a repeat customer. Thanks Vicki for the fast shipment!! Make me want my provari even more than I already do (hopefully monday).

Devonmoonshire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Diego, CA
Devonmoonshire and washvap, Thanks for your input on cleaning these attys. Nice.

You are very welcome Peg0325, it is always a pleasure to help out and pass down new-found knowledge anywhere I can to make everyone's Vaping experience as wonderful as possible.

Nate AKA “Darth Vapor”

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
I hate to ask again but does the type B caramelize the liquid like the type a Attys? The thing that keeps from buying one of the newer attys is that the old attys caramelized the liquid so that the last few drops were ten shades darker than a fresh tank. So I figure since the type b holds twice the liquid it must also caramelize the juice twice as bad. Another thing that I am concerned about is the size of the whistle tip....it looks huge. Is it comfortable to vape?

Curvychic

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
SE GA
As far as being comfortable, it was a bit awkward the first day or two, but now, it's very comfortable. I've actually vaped my A tank a couple of times since and have no problem going right back to the B. As for the darker liquid, I haven't really noticed that my liquid gets darker. The only time I notice that is if I'm vaping a clear liquid after I've vaped a darker liquid, it gets a little darker, but like I said....I vaped darker liquid, then lighter. Didn't notice a change in the flavor. I blow my atty out after every juice change, but it's impossible to get it all. I was vaping my type A today and it got dark pretty quick (probably needs a really good soaking though). I think you should def give the type B tank a shot. I think you'll be plesantly surprised!! :)
I hate to ask again but does the type B caramelize the liquid like the type a Attys? The thing that keeps from buying one of the newer attys is that the old attys caramelized the liquid so that the last few drops were ten shades darker than a fresh tank. So I figure since the type b holds twice the liquid it must also caramelize the juice twice as bad. Another thing that I am concerned about is the size of the whistle tip....it looks huge. Is it comfortable to vape?

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US

My experience so far has been some darkening with the regular A types, more darkening and burnt taste at the end of a tank with the A LR's and no noticeable darkening or off taste with the B's so far. I have the B LR's on order. I'm guessing the extra heat on the LRs do this. They may even do it on the LR mega eGo carts as well but it isn't as apparent with those because there is no transparent tank to see. I know that after trying the LR mega eGo attys, I went back to the regular B attys because the extra watts were destroying flavor. So while I did buy 2 LR B tank attys, I'm doubtful about them. Perhaps it's the larger volume of the B tanks that is a positive factor - most are liking the B's better than the A's for flavor, less leaking, and the vapor is a bit bigger, imo.

lelly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
Manitoba, Canada
I have read through the whole thread and there seems to be a difference of opinion on whether or not the draw is tighter on these compared to the type A's. After a few weeks of use, my type A was unusable even after various modifications and cleaning methods because the draw was so tight. It may have been because of a slight manufacturer's variation that I got a bad one, but could some more people please weigh in on how the draw is on the type B's please?

Curvychic

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
SE GA
I find that the draw on the type B atty is smoother. I've only gone back to the type A a handful of times since receiving my type B setup a little over a week ago (and it's usually because I want to switch off flavors through the day). I've had some issues with leaking, but I'm sure it's something I'm doing (or not doing). My daily vape juices are usually higher PG and tend to be really thin, plus I occassionally "hotbox" the atty with quick puffs. The leaking hasn't been any more of a deal than with the type A's, and like I said, it's most likely something I'm doing. I highly doubt every atty I've used has been defective! LOL If you're satisfied with type A, you'll be thrilled with type B. I say go for it!!!!! And if for some reason you decide you don't like the type B, I'm certain you'll have NO problems selling it in the classifieds! Heck, if I've got some extra cash at the time, you can pm me directly and I'll get it. ;)

I have read through the whole thread and there seems to be a difference of opinion on whether or not the draw is tighter on these compared to the type A's. After a few weeks of use, my type A was unusable even after various modifications and cleaning methods because the draw was so tight. It may have been because of a slight manufacturer's variation that I got a bad one, but could some more people please weigh in on how the draw is on the type B's please?

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
.... So while I did buy 2 LR B tank attys, I'm doubtful about them. Perhaps it's the larger volume of the B tanks that is a positive factor - most are liking the B's better than the A's for flavor, less leaking, and the vapor is a bit bigger, imo.

Just a preliminary report on the B LRs but so far this is a different experience than with the A LR's - more vapor but not the loss of flavor or any burnt ejuice. Just checked the metering on the one I opened - 1.9Ω - that may be just an individual variation - pretty sure they're saying 1.7-1.8Ω but it might account for less flavor loss - frankly, I hope the others are 1.9 too :) The vapor is bigger still and again, no flavor loss on my Habana Reserve which lost some flavor on the A LR's and is complete blownout by the 1.5Ω mega eGo LR attys.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US

My very first B had a bit tighter draw - and it opened up. Subsequently the others I've used were not as tight. The first one is still tighter than the others - which I kinda like - like the difference between using a cone and not with a regular 510 atty and cart on the eGo. The cone 'tightens' the draw a bit - more vapor and some more flavor as a result. Both are doing fine - the difference is subtle. I'm finding the B LR is better than the A LR as well. Still no burnt residue on the B's.

bigtimeweb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Houston, Texas
Enjoyed this thread. Ive been on LR B Megas dripping because I just cant get the same flavor out of the A tank

Those are usually at around 1.9

Could you guys give a flavor comparison between the A and B and kent the B and LR B?

Just a preliminary report on the B LRs but so far this is a different experience than with the A LR's - more vapor but not the loss of flavor or any burnt ejuice. Just checked the metering on the one I opened - 1.9Ω - that may be just an individual variation - pretty sure they're saying 1.7-1.8Ω but it might account for less flavor loss - frankly, I hope the others are 1.9 too :) The vapor is bigger still and again, no flavor loss on my Habana Reserve which lost some flavor on the A LR's and is complete blownout by the 1.5Ω mega eGo LR attys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread