• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Type of bottles, batteries, to get for the Juice Box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sund79

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
TN, USA
Ok, I have seen a few posts on batteries and gone through a bunch of posts but havent seen if the juice Box comes with a bottle at first? I will be dissapointed if I dont buy one and it comes bottle-less, trying to dig for something to use with it.

If not, what kind of bottles should I buy? I some some people discussing using different bottles, but wonder exactly what kind?

And the batteries, I see the battery number and in some pics they look AA sized. Can you use double a? that would be nice in case your batteries died and you didnt have charger with you.. I wish it had a USB charger port.. that would be ultimate for me.

Is there anything else one should purchase before the juice box arrives?
Thanks!

JDSupreme

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
My batteries are on the way, so I am ready when my Juice Box arrives!:thumbs:

I am the last one on the order list, but I want to be ready

Charge them bad boys as soon as they come! Mine caught about 2 seconds of air out of the super tight shrink wrapping before they were on the juice. One actually came 100% charged...weird...hopefully its not screwy. Im guessing DX might send you the one charged so you can use it out of the box, but idk. As far as being the last on the list, the 25 orders on Monday have me thinking all of the last JB's are going out at once, late next week, that seems to be the general consensus.

Obviously, the problems are being addressed and the remaining JB's should hopefully be problem free, im assuming all of this of course:rolleyes: im sure he has gotten an email for each and every problem for each and every box thats gone out so far. Bad slaves be damned!:evil: im wondering if all 18650 batts are the same size or not, hearing the "battery dont fit right" posts

Last edited by a moderator:
just so ya all know the 3000mah is no different really then the 2400mah
there is a slight better lasting period.. mah basically means it holds the kick longer. 3.7v is your voltage. higher mah will make little difference.
Yes possibly some batteries could be a tad longer or bigger in diameter. but rare..
the protection circuit could be a bit bigger on some causing it to be longer.
or else the nipple on it could be a tad longer.
Basically depends on batches. AW batteries are the best on market currently.
but you also pay the price.
AW batteries are labeled at there true rating... while ultrafire & trustfire surefire and a few others are just labeled and never truly tested at the mah range they are labeled.

hopes that helps some of you.
I did order the trustfire 2500mah over the 2400 due to ratings.
if they are a tad longer thats fine there is a fix for most things.

When I get my JB I will let ya know how well it fits.. & I may order the aw batteries after a while. as I will need 3 different sizes. for my other 2 mods I got that I built.

The AW runs about 10bucks a piece if I recall.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
Que' ??????VAS IS DAS????S'Plain yo sef boy

You can read page after page on it here, cave blogger. I love the 18650 with a non hv 510 on my ggts, but the high drain kicks it up to a new level. I'm getting hv vape production and th without atty popping hv consquences. Had the same 510 on my ggts for exactly one month today-halfway expecting confetti to fall from the ceiling or to get a parade on the way to work this morning.

It seems to me that the flooding/burnt taste issue has something to do with either vaping technique or the atty needing to be seasoned. If its a seasoning problem, I'm thinking the hv may be able to help with that aspect, or make it harder to flood.

Yew bedder not kall me 'boy' agin dere, sun. ;)

sl2222

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2009
NC-USA
I'm seeing a lot of references to the AW 18650's for the JB. Is it the 1600 maH?
Can someone post a link to the specific battery that works with the jb?
I'd like to get one to try.

Thanks

Janice told me yes.

But, can you use the new 'high drain' 18650 batteries? Janice suggested no, but I'm wondering if it can help with the flood/burnt taste learning curve/atty break in period.

Ironman39

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Arkansas
You can read page after page on it here, cave blogger. I love the 18650 with a non hv 510 on my ggts, but the high drain kicks it up to a new level. I'm getting hv vape production and th without atty popping hv consquences. Had the same 510 on my ggts for exactly one month today-halfway expecting confetti to fall from the ceiling or to get a parade on the way to work this morning.

It seems to me that the flooding/burnt taste issue has something to do with either vaping technique or the atty needing to be seasoned. If its a seasoning problem, I'm thinking the hv may be able to help with that aspect, or make it harder to flood.

Yew bedder not kall me 'boy' agin dere, sun. ;)

Have you tried the high drain 18650 in your JB yet? Does it give a better vape with it like it does with your GGTS? If so, where did you get the high drain batts?

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
Have you tried the high drain 18650 in your JB yet? Does it give a better vape with it like it does with your GGTS? If so, where did you get the high drain batts?

Okay, for the fourth frakkin time, here's the link:

AW IMR18650 1600mAh LiMN rechargeable lithium battery in stock now.

I have three, but no juice box. Hopefully, Porphy will be posting some good news on his supplier update thread. I intend to use them if I have a flooding problem.

ejoker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
got the high drains in today (3 days shipping, included a cool little led flashlight - but too small to mod :( ). only one came fully charged.
no fitment issues in the jb

side-by-side comparison, fully charged reg vs high drain 18650s (i have two jb's).
the high drain delivers better flavor and throat hit. more flavor than throat hit, though neither is too drastic.
the high drain delivers more vapor. hard to measure, but i'd put it about about 20% more.
for those with flooding issues, the high drain seems to 'power' through the flood a little faster.

i'll post back as to discharge times.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
got the high drains in today (3 days shipping, included a cool little led flashlight - but too small to mod :( ). only one came fully charged.
no fitment issues in the jb

side-by-side comparison, fully charged reg vs high drain 18650s (i have two jb's).
the high drain delivers better flavor and throat hit. more flavor than throat hit, though neither is too drastic.
the high drain delivers more vapor. hard to measure, but i'd put it about about 20% more.
for those with flooding issues, the high drain seems to 'power' through the flood a little faster.

i'll post back as to discharge times.

Good, I suspected that would be the case, but I wasn't sure. I'm starting to think the flooding/burnt issue may simply be the atty needing to be seasoned a bit. Anything to help flatten the learning curve may help. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread