• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Typo in forum name

Did Lu really screw up or was Angus pulling sarge's leg

• yes, Lu blew it!

• no, Angus is a jerk!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
It has been brought to my attention that Lu made a grievous typographical error when this forum was created. Unfortunately this forum is well established and quite active, so fixing the error would create a ton of issues with search engines etc.

In order to fix this without harming the community, I'm asking all of you to refer to this forum as the Cannibal Forum in all of your internal communications and link it with the proper (well improper url) using the link function.

wfx

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
VA
In order to fix this without harming the community, I'm asking all of you to refer to this forum as the Cannibal Forum in all of your internal communications and link it with the proper (well improper url) using the link function.

too funny. now i'm going to have to recommend ecf to nonsmokers as well. for entertainment value. sorry canucks but this one is on you.

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
I'm sorting through boxes of printouts from the basement to see what the real deal is. I'll let you know if I find a dusty old memo in the archives.
I found a tattered and stained cocktail napkin tucked in one of the boxes. I'll have to scan and to see if it comes out readable, but it looks like a note that got passed around at a staff meeting.

Lu: boss I need to talk about the C issue
SJ: what the hell is on this napkin?
Lu: I was eating at my desk before the meeting
SJ: ok talk later

There is also a game of hangman and a couple tic-tac-toe rounds on the napkin, but that just goes to show the level of boredom at the meeting. Probably not worth documenting.

chaseman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
Canada
www.reddcigs.com
It's been needed, IMO, despite a few flubs that have arisen.

We've come a long way, but have so much farther to go. Any positive action, innovation, and company in the past 2 years (that new vapers couldn't even imagine), has resulted from this forum...

A new industry always begins dirty, then it begs for regulation. The US is farther along, yet we look to the UK? Hopefully this can be self regulation, but in our current state, we are farther away from self regulation than Oprah is from giving up her ice cream and full body spanx.

Few realize that ONLY money will win this issue and continue to stand on soap boxes, with assumptive, selfish requests and expectations, coupled with naive, ignorant goals like getting the government to sit down and "discuss things", as if this were about harm reduction or health, and not money.

Other grunts open companies and sometimes make liquid with schedule F drugs, when they couldn't otherwise get a job at a low level supermarket, making the liquid they mop the floor with go down the drain. In turn they provide a business quality that continually begs for regulation, sets the industry back, and hurts customers. But isn't that Lorann's premixed flavoring mixed with nicotine, PG/VG and marked up 500% delicious? I just wished they used blue felt tip marker instead of black, so it would be more like my coca-cola bottling.............

Fortunately for the brave(ish) folks here willing to speak the truth, and ECF, along with some sensible, business minded, reasonably sane companies, we have driven the market in a more positive direction.

But we have so much farther to go.

Until then.....stay tuned for Groundhog Day....I mean 2012, where more vendors will close up shop, more will open up shop, some will open under different names, some will pop up in different ways, but most of them will stuff your hard earned dollars in their pocket and not do a darn thing about ensuring a brighter future for vaping.

Keep loud and keep the faith Canada.....but money WILL win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread