U.S. surpasses record 100,000 overdose deaths in 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapeon4Life

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2020
Nevada, USA
No, not from vaping or any tobacco but from:

"More Americans died of drug overdoses in 2021 than any previous year, a grim milestone in an epidemic that has now claimed 1 million lives in the 21st century, according to federal data released Wednesday.

More than 100,000 Americans died of drug overdoses in 2021, up 15 percent from the previous year, according to an estimate released by the National Center for Health Statistics. The tally of 107,622 reflects challenges exacerbated by the coronavirus pandemic: lost access to treatment, social isolation and a more potent drug supply.

‘Cries for help’: Drug overdoses are soaring during the coronavirus pandemic

More than 80,000 people died using opioids, including prescription pain pills and fentanyl, a deadly drug 100 times as powerful as morphine and increasingly present in other drugs. Deaths from methamphetamine and ....... also rose......"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2022/05/11/drug-overdose-deaths-cdc-numbers/

I post this here and now because I just finished watching:

Move Fast and vape Things

"Two Stanford graduate students had an inspired idea and an idealistic mission: create an e-cigarette that would help millions of people stop smoking. How did the founders of Juul lose their way and end up accused of addicting a whole new generation?"

"The New York Times Presents" Move Fast and Vape Things (TV Episode 2021) - IMDb

Its from a series called:
"The New York Times Presents" (2020– )
Currently available on Hulu.

To sum it up - While NOT completely fair it does give Juul's founders their side of the story
- That they believed in the life saving advantages of ecigs over combustible tobacco
and that the youth epidemic was incidental and not by design.

Whatever, and in the mean time, death rates from drugs have gone way up as has teen
suicide - Tell me one person, one teenager, who OD from vaping. ???

I ask, is the suppression of vaping, addictive though it may be, leading adults and teenagers
who no longer can easily get their favorite vape products, to try much more dangerous and deadly drugs instead ???

Over the desks of every FDA member , and every other supposedly 'for your safety' agency
should be posted this:

"THE ROAD TO HELL IS PAVED WITH GOOD INTENTIONS" !!!

MLEJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2020
I ask, is the suppression of vaping, addictive though it may be, leading adults and teenagers
who no longer can easily get their favorite vape products, to try much more dangerous and deadly drugs instead ???
My guess -- & it is a guess as there's no hard data -- is that it's less the suppression of vaping (& smoking) & more the promotion of recreational marijuana use.

"THE ROAD TO HELL IS PAVED WITH GOOD INTENTIONS"
Nice idea but vaping's foes don't have good intentions to begin with.

Reactions: Vapeon4Life
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread