UberGreen Noobular questions - Halo Triton/G6 startup coming in a few days!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokieTreats

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
Xanth Nebula
Aloha, Halo users!

I am as GREEN as they come.

Noobtastic.

Noobalicious.

(Utterly Clueless :blush:)

I've been smoking insane amounts of cancer sticks for roughly 27 years. And I'm only (ONLY?!) 41.

Point is, smoking is a big part of my life. And going for this "Tobacco Harm Reduction" approach struck me as an Amazingly Great alternative to continuing on in my current path.

Quitting smoking is not something I've ever struggled with, because -I've never really WANTED to even TRY to quit.- Me likey the SmokieTreats. ( I DID quit awhile back -in '99- for the simple reason that I couldn't AFFORD to smoke for awhile, and my girl & roomies hated stoges anyway, so I pretended to not smoke for a year or so... sneaking a few smokes here and there when I had the chance. But that's not quitting. I didn't want to!)

I STILL don't want to quit Puffing on Something, and all the non-smokers that surround me, picking at me, don't understand my mindset on the switch. It's all: "WELL, you KNOW you have to plan on QUITTING these Electronic ciggie-things before you even start!" "You've gotta set a date to QUIT, cause otherwise yer just replacing ONE bad habit with ANOTHER bad habit!" "Those things aren't any safer than REAL cigarettes." ... blah, blah, blah.

You gotta be a Smoker to understand the Significant Improvement these have the potential to be... over Cancer Sticks.
(at least, that seems to be the Hype I'm picking up everywhere from you folks! Is it Propaganda? MAN, I HOPE not!)

ANYWAY... Enter the Halo Triton and G6!!!

I have never had a single Vape yet. Period.

The Triton seemed like the Ultimate starter setup, after countless hours on countless days/nights of clicking around the web about my new hobby/stinky-analog-replacement-Gear. Could've walked into a Vape shop in town (there's quite a few), but they all seem to sell their own eLiquid mixes (that's where they make their $$$... I get that), and it appears that there are many shady hardware products cluttering up the marketplace with their chintsiness. And/or their exorbitant price tags.

Truth is... Life has taught me to Trust No One. As awful as it sounds... and ESPECIALLY in the world of Sales/Marketing.

Mainly Halo's apparent quality standards and well-regarded, well-regulated eLiquids showed me that they seemed to have some Integrity. And, most likely, some Longevity. This was the appeal for me.

However... let the Record show that Halo - you are officially on notice! :p:

{ Don't think for a Second that I didn't Notice that virtually ALL of the product reviews on your site are positively GLOWING... and that you (coincidentally?:glare:) must "Approve" customer reviews before they MIGHT get posted... and if they ARE posted - that LUCKY AUTHOR gets "Halo Rewards" points. :shock: }

;-) VERY CRAFTY! :evil:

(Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest :pervy: ... I AM a bit jaded in my old age, but I did NOT, in fact, just fall out of a tree :rolleyes:)

SO... with all of these introductory ramblings out of the way, I will begin my barrage of idiotic questions!
(Their style ain't so bad either :headbang: , and I had done enough research ALL OVER the InterWebular Region to realize that these folks know what the hell they're doing... and that a purchase from them to enter this Seemingly Magical Realm of Alternative SmokieTreats would Most Assuredly be a Wise one. :toast: )

:smokie:GO HALO! Prove me right! :vapor:

Last edited:

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Welcome to ECF, SmokieTreats, and to HALO and the Halo sub-forum.

Yes, I smoked 2 1/2 packs for over 30 years, and I was able to walk cleanly away thanks to the Halo Triton Kit Midnight Blue | Triton Tank System Starter Kit | Halo Cigs

I bought a FIN starter kit at the local store to see if vaping could possibly be an alternative, but before the end of the week, I was scouring the web for information about these "ego" kits I had heard about. And found HALO. Luckily for me, the Triton Kit was just being released and there was a plethora of review videos available that sealed the deal, although I could have gone for a cheaper alternative. But HALO had awesome review for their e-liquids as well as the new hardware, and that sealed the deal.

I hope it works out well for you as well. Keep us informed.

What types of cigarettes are you coming from? Regular, Light, Menthol? What type of flavor do you need to stay off the cancer sticks? I needed tobacco, but others seem happy to move straight into alternatives like bakery or fruit, coffee, sweets.

We're here to answer questions, if you have any. Also, be on the lookout for the new Cinder Ella Number Game -- fresh rounds could start at any time, and it's your chance to win a free 30ml bottle of any Halo eliquid flavor!

SmokieTreats

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
Xanth Nebula
Triton Starter kit (with 2 black 400mAh's... what a MAROON! :facepalm:) ... I was leaning toward 2 x 650's, or 1 x 650 & 1 x 400... but honestly did my Original Thinking with a 400, and a VV... -if-it-came-as-an-upgrade-option-including-a-price-increase- ... but no such luck.

I ended up (as I sat scratching my head with a million items in my Halo cart) revisiting the video from ECCR http://www.electroniccigaretteconsumerreviews.com/halo-triton-e-cigarette-editor-review-halo-cigs/ in which the dude had mentioned his kit had two 400mAh's, and how long they lasted (340-420ish Puffs) all while being so Relatively Compact, and all that jazz.

Think that's really the only thing I regret (in both my orders... we'll get to the second one :D ) about my setup... woulda/coulda/shoulda gotten at least ONE 650. Oh (w)hell.

(I actually chatted with someone on their site a few hours after I had finalized my initial order to see if it had shipped, and when she told me it hadn't yet, and let me know how to request a change in the order, it appears that my request was a bit tardy. That's on me. Not even SLIGHTLY upset they got it out so quick! :thumbs: )

They say it shipped Thursday @ 11:51am. The suspense is killing me!!!:drool:

MAN... sorry I am spoutin off for so long! I know!: GET TO THE POINT!

Black 2 x 400mAh Triton Starter Kit, 1 x additional Triton USB, 2 x Clearos (1 green, 1 purp), 1 x pack of XL cartos, 1 x pack of coils (2.2-2.4, I think), a set o' tweezers, & THE TASTE SENSATIONS that appealed to me most (SCREW it, I'll drop an extra $1 per bottle to get ONLY flavors that Definitely sound great to my taste buds!):

Torque56 - 7ml - 24mg
Cafe Mocha - 7ml - 18mg
Kringle's Curse - 7ml - 18mg
(at this point, I said GO FOR IT):
Tribeca - 30ml - 18mg
Belgian Cocoa - 30ml - 18mg
& Fusion (unflavored) 7ml - 36mg (with the thought that I'd possibly/probably wanna "Spice Up" some of those 18mg's early on in my Journey to the Land of VapeyTreats... I wanna get off the stogies, for Reals)

:matrix:That was where it all began for me.:matrix: You guys told me the Basics... just, basically, Break the Matrix.:matrix:

SmokieTreats

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
Xanth Nebula
Welcome to ECF, SmokieTreats,
I hope it works out well for you as well. Keep us informed.

Cool... much appreciated. I hope I have a successful Journey, like yourself!

& Fear Not... I will be having MUCH to discuss!

Hopefully much blissful discussion, as seems to abound within this community... and Vapers in general!

:party:Are everybody's lungs & senses of smell & taste REALLY as happy as they seem to be around here?:vapor:

:evil:Or is this all some brilliant, extravagantly engineered hoax?:evil:

Seems too good to be true!

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Cool... much appreciated. I hope I have a successful Journey, like yourself!

& Fear Not... I will be having MUCH to discuss!

Hopefully much blissful discussion, as seems to abound within this community... and Vapers in general!

:party:Are everybody's lungs & senses of smell & taste REALLY as happy as they seem to be around here?:vapor:

:evil:Or is this all some brilliant, extravagantly engineered hoax?:evil:

Seems too good to be true!

Stick with it, and you'll be able to tell in a couple of weeks.

That's a nice selection of juices -- should give you plenty of choices to mix it up, i.e. rotate throughout the day to keep your tastebuds entertained.

Just keep in mind -- you NEED the wall adapter for the USB chagers. ONLY use a car or computer to charge your e-cigs -- in an emergency (i.e. no other choice). The wall adapter will give you the best and SAFEST results in a controlled environment (not too hot, not too cold, not too damp). Safety first -- always.

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
Welcome to the fold SmokieTreats. If you read my own Bio you will see that I'm not and never will be a fan boy and approach every statement made concerning vaping with a grain of salt considering we are in a unregulated stage along with a bubble.. Period! You will get great advice in this HALO Forum and you will also read an occasional critical comment. Some justified and some just bloviating "noise". You will find our HALO Forum members to be very helpful like "jef" has already demonstrated and we even have LADIES to keep us guys in line. Some issues surrounding vaping are very subjective like "taste" fav juice etc and other issues are clear cut.

I would respectfully suggest that you read a lot and never hesitate to ask any question you wish about Halo nation. You and all of us need 4 things to properly embrace vaping:

- A mindset
- The proper hardware
- A juice that YOU (not me or anyone else) enjoys
- Mentoring (that's my mission and many others who will also help you)

You came to the right place! Halo is an eco system providing you with one stop shopping for solid hardware and great juice along with an upgrade path as you continue your journey. THIS my NBF is RARE. VERY VERY RARE! Combine this fact with our very own Cinder Ella who works for Halo and I would refer to as the talented "glue" that holds it all together. Unlike so much of the fan boy bloviating useless noise in some other parts of ECF, Cinder FIXES issues, solves problems, and answers questions. Does Halo have all the latest this or that. Nope but you are just starting and don't need these other mods or wild and crazy juice selection. You may also stay in Halo nation for the rest of your life as many many vapers already do. Or "straddle" multiple solutions and juices and pick your fav for a given task as I like to due but that's just me. A reasonable and rationale compromise given what Halo DOES provide. Is Halo perfect? Nope just like I'm not perfect and neither is anyone else.

The bottom line: Halo is always my goto recommendation for new vapers. Period!

You said: "Are everybody's lungs & senses of smell & taste REALLY as happy as they seem to be around here?" Short answer is: not really since that's an evolving journey if you really want to nit pick AND has a lot of variables depending on the person.. It takes time. Your in detox for about one year according to my own experience and that of my nurse bud. Better? Hell yes! Am I happy I quit cigs because of Halo. Hell yes! Will I always have a mushy/loving part of my persona which is hard edged for Halo. Hell yes! A bump in the road? Depends. Just vape and worry about YOUR OWN experiences at this stage of your journey. Please.

HTH

:)

Last edited:

SmokieTreats

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
Xanth Nebula
What types of cigarettes are you coming from? Regular, Light, Menthol? What type of flavor do you need to stay off the cancer sticks? I needed tobacco, but others seem happy to move straight into alternatives like bakery or fruit, coffee, sweets.

We're here to answer questions, if you have any. Also, be on the lookout for the new Cinder Ella Number Game -- fresh rounds could start at any time, and it's your chance to win a free 30ml bottle of any Halo eliquid flavor!

I've been smokin on (supposedly!) "Full-Flavor" 305 100's - in the purple box... (bottom of the barrel cheapies - $4 a pack).

They're half the price of Marlboros or Camels (which I have always smoked in the "Light" varieties... currently referred to as "Golds" and "Blues" respectively)... but I've ALWAYS smoked 100's, just to "Get the most bang for my buck"... those thingies aren't $1.50 per pack, like they were when I was in High School.

Matter of FACTly: just a few years back (3 or 4) I switched off the name brands, cause inflation/taxation had brought the Marlboros up to around 45 bucks a carton, and I discovered "SKYDANCERS" for 16 bucks a carton. WoooHooo!

Within a month they all went up a DOLLAR PER PACK!
Two months later - the Powers That Be decided "Hey... let's raise em ANOTHER dollar per pack!" "That'll stop the Cancer Problem!" WoooHooo!

In the course of 3 months - budget cigs @ $1.60-per-pack (INCLUDING tax!) were suddenly FORTY BUCKS A CARTON!

And budget cigs taste about like what I would imagine Bigfoot's Armpit to taste. :p:shock: (Delicioso! :pervy:)

Again... all apologies for the rants, but it leads to a question: Setting the startup hardware costs aside, how much do you spend on eLiquids/Juices and basic replacement clearos/cartos in an average month? It seems to be the case that most Vapers tend to buy upgraded hardward, extra batteries, etc... but just wondering if you've got any ballpark estimates in this area of actual cost of ownership with reliable gear.

Absurd questions. Ludicrous.

I don't even have a clue how many puffs to expect off a carto, or a minitank.

100% Vaping Virgin.

Last edited:

SmokieTreats

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
Xanth Nebula
you will see that I'm not and never will be a fan boy and approach every statement made concerning vaping with a grain of salt considering we are in a unregulated stage along with a bubble.. Period! You will get great advice in this HALO Forum and you will also read an occasional critical comment. Some justified and some just bloviating "noise". You will find our HALO Forum members to be very helpful

In fact, in the last few days of attempting to edumacate myself bout these products - bouncing around the forums (mostly Halo) - I have come across a number of your posts, and am glad to hear from you! You are very articulate, straight-forward, and knowledgeable - without a hint of condescending tone... which I appreciate.

You and all of us need 4 things to properly embrace vaping:

- A mindset
- The proper hardware
- A juice that YOU (not me or anyone else) enjoys
- Mentoring (that's my mission and many others who will also help you)

You came to the right place! Halo is an eco system providing you with one stop shopping for solid hardware and great juice along with an upgrade path as you continue your journey. THIS my NBF is RARE. VERY VERY RARE!

This was my impression, and played a big role in my decision to jump right in. I have no interest in being pretentious about this Big Change in my life... no need to try and Impress anyone with a slew of Superior "Provari illuminati"esque gadgets by the truckload.

This is not a pissing contest for me. I don't live my life that way. Never have... never will.

(Not that I'm dogging the elitists, or the obsessive hobbiests... hey, have fun! That's what life is all about, as far as I'm concerned. Have fun, but not at others' expense.) As far as the "white noise" from those that want to rain on everybody else's parade? Or try to show the rest of us Just How Much More Informed/In Tune With The Universe They Are?

I believe that I have acquired a filtering mechanism for such nonsense, and otherwise useless balderdash. (I love that word :smokie: )
Is Halo perfect? Nope just like I'm not perfect and neither is anyone else.

Alas, SeniorBoy, I hate to have to break this to you... but, in fact: I am irrefutably, undeniably, indubitably devoid of imperfections of any kind.:D

:rickroll: Now let's get this party started! :)shock:Where the hell is my new Gear??? :shock:) :drool:

Seriously, though, I shall be looking toward you and others to Guide me with your Wisdom & positive energy.

-Muchas Gracias!-

SmokieTreats

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
Xanth Nebula
Just keep in mind -- you NEED the wall adapter for the USB chagers. ONLY use a car or computer to charge your e-cigs -- in an emergency (i.e. no other choice). The wall adapter will give you the best and SAFEST results in a controlled environment (not too hot, not too cold, not too damp). Safety first -- always.

So... REALLY with the batteries??? I've got this "Anker® Astro Pro 14400mAh Multi-Voltage (5V 9V 12V) Portable Power Bank" with a 12V/9V DC slot that I plug my 28-watt boombox into, on my bicycle -stretch cruiser/chopper that I ride relentlessly for countless hours on end- and it extends the speaker from its 2-hour internals to AT LEAST 10-hours before it runs down... Blasting Beats off a 12V speaker setup... and it has two separate USB 5V ports that can be used individually, or together (assuming there's nothing running out of the DC port at the same time... and the speaker's usually only plugged into the External one hour at a time - 1 hour in, 1 hour out<running off the speaker's internals half the time, if that makes sense> Check it out: Amazon.com: Anker® Astro Pro 14400mAh Multi-Voltage (5V 9V 12V) Portable Power Bank Pack External Battery Backup Charger for iPads, iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S (Apple adapters not included), Samsung Tablets (Samsung 30-pin adapter not included), Android Sma )

SmokieTreats

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
Xanth Nebula
Just sayin I thought I could charge a secondary Triton/G6 battery in between speaker charges as I ride. But I would Love to have more information on whether or not that would be a bad idea. The External doesn't run Even Slightly Hot, even when charging the internal batteries for the two 8-watt speakers & 12-watt sub that comprise my 28-watt RMS Bluetooth BOOMbox, while still pushing enough 12V power to enable me to blast my tunes through those speakers Simultaneously.

The speaker would not be plugged into the external at the same time as the Halo battery, or batteries.

I dunno. I would think it'd be stable enough to provide unflinching current to the bat(s), since they are each significantly lower than 5 Volts.

Well, that's my story, and I'm stickin to it (unless anyone has relevant data that I'm not considering in the equation). This was a big concern for me before Heading Down This Path, and, I suppose I could plug the Halo USB adapter into a USB extension cable, in order to separate the battery/adapter from the physical proximity of any and all nominal heat put off by the external. I mean, bike trips are the reason I bought the extra Triton USB adapter, and the G6 with the G6 USB adapter. :?:

Whatever's clever.

SmokieTreats

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
Xanth Nebula
Wallwarts/power pads are fine. Just don't try to charge it off the computer. It'll work, but over could seriously damage either one if something bad goes wrong. And batteries are known for something going wrong. Just turn on the news.

True. Gotcha. (Try to avoid the news whenever possible, other than the Colbert Report & Daily Show. as they say: NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS!) -heh,heh,heh.

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
ST - Thanks for the kudos but we have plenty of other very very knowledgeable members in this Forum. The thing is....Halo is a true Rock Star in the "global ejuice universe" lol which spans numerous kinds of mods, tanks, coils, heads, you name it so you get a convergence of knowledge from all corners of the vaping world. Some boys and girls may not even currently use a G6 or Triton exclusively but they know lots of things that help all of us continue our journey. /wew

:)

kittybite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Portland, OR
Welcome SmokieTreats! I may be biased a bit, but you made an excellent choice in going with Halo. Just wanted to comment on smoking in general vs vaping. Been smoking on and off for 25 years (mostly on the past 15) and have to say that I never wanted to stop - I really loved the whole experience, imminent death notwithstanding. With that said, vaping makes me feel like I've been given a free pass to continue the whole experience of smoking without the bad side-effects. Is it safer than not smoking/vaping? No, but I freaking love it! More control over nic levels, no stinkiness, and seemingly endless flavor possibilities. My only point, and I do have one, is that I think you've made a great choice and will be able to quit the analogs without feeling like you've given up the things you loved about smoking. Everyone has different experiences, though, so keep us posted on your progress! Lots of great experiences here and plenty of people to help if you run into any snags. Good luck!

SmokieTreats

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
Xanth Nebula
Been a really enjoyably informative day... and I had another (Massive) post all ready, with a million more questions... was about to click "Post Quick Reply" (oh, the irony) and the page locked up.

Probably for the best (as I'm sure you will agree:p).

My brain is frizzle-fried. My eyeballs can no longer stand the stinging pain. And my soul is smiling. This is gonna be fun.

It is off to The Land Of Nod for me.

Thanks to one and all, and to all a good night.

-mY BRaiN is FuLL- -MushroomCloud-Head-.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread