Ugh, am I doing something wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceyhan

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2009
Miami Lakes, FL
Hey guys.
I just registered to this forum today, but have been browsing for quite some time. So, I'd like to start off by saying thank you for ALL of the useful information you guys provide on a daily basis.. really glad I came across this forum.

Cut a long story short, I'm 22 - smoke a pack a day, and am sick of coughing up my longs when I'm out playing sports. I came across E-Cigs on Youtube, and have been browsing these forums for a few weeks until I finally decided to purchase.

I'm already quite knowledgable from all the things I've read, lmao.. BUT;

I went ahead and purchased a DSE901 (seemed like a great starter e-Cig) from Totally Wicked USA

(this one : totalywicked-eliquid dot com (can't post URLS yet))

I bought some 18mg Strawberry eliquid from them as well..

Got it in the mail this past Saturday, and was super excited.
I went ahead and tried one of the 'regular 18mg' sample carts it came with.. and I was impressed. LOTS of vapor, GREAT throat hit, battery life seemed good too.. then all of a sudden, about 10-15 small puffs in, the cart is dry. No more vapor.

So I'm like, hmmm.. okay - not a good cart.. tried two more, same thing.
Grabbed one of the blank carts I purchased, dripped in about 10 drops of the eliquid.. and same thing.

Now.. when the carts are 'nearing' dry, I get an AWFUL AWFUL metal crap taste in my mouth, it also tastes like something is burning.. (doesn't happen when they're full, or new though). It seriously tastes like ****, and almost makes me want to throw up in my mouth. The atomizer also gets signficantly warm..

From what I gather, the average e-smoker smokes about 2ml per day - but my FULLY soaked cart (not oversoaked either, no puddle formation) is lasting 10-15 pulls.. and when I near the end, I get this **** taste.

Defective atomizer? Poor quality juice? (Everyone here seems happy with Totally Wicked) - What gives with the 10-15 puffs before it runs dry?
Is that normal for all 901's?

ceyhan

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2009
Miami Lakes, FL
If my math is right, and it seldom is...
10 - 15 small puffs then add 10 drops?

Doesn't sound right to me, unless this is some Totally Wicked thing I haven't heard about.

Your math is dead on for this one. :0)
How many puffs/cigarette equals do you usually average on a cart?

And Clam, not sure - they seem like a great company, they also seem
to be popular with a lot of members around here.. especially their e-juice. Not sure what the deal is.

yvilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Rochester, NY

ceyhan

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2009
Miami Lakes, FL
Ceyhan, read this thread:

While specifically addressing penstyles, it's really applicable to all ecig carts.

Also, pre-filled carts are sometimes just pretty dried out. You really need to just keep making sure your carts are well topped off and very moist.

Appreciate the response.. but man - topping off every 6-10 puffs?
That is kind of a PITA! :(

Anyone have any experience with the Janty MiniFogger? I've had an eye on that..

Cage

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2009
Arizona, USA
I've never really counted because I usually rotate/alternate between a portable 901 and Dura and Penstyle with USB passthrough. I can tell you I use about 2 ml per day. However I have read from the people who drip, correct me if I'm wrong here drippers, that 2 to 3 drops is roughly equal to 1 regular cigarette.
If your using 10 drops, I should think you would be getting around 3+ cigarettes worth. Also, you're letting the cart get way too dry before topping off. That burnt taste shouldn't be the trigger for you to add liquid. I routinely add 6 -7 drops to a 901 cart at the first hint of performance, flavor/vapor drop off. Just wet it enough so it's not pooling at the top.
I haven't had the pleasure of vaping any TW liquid yet, so I really can't help you there.

ceyhan

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2009
Miami Lakes, FL
I've never really counted because I usually rotate/alternate between a portable 901 and Dura and Penstyle with USB passthrough. I can tell you I use about 2 ml per day. However I have read from the people who drip, correct me if I'm wrong here drippers, that 2 to 3 drops is roughly equal to 1 regular cigarette.
If your using 10 drops, I should think you would be getting around 3+ cigarettes worth. Also, you're letting the cart get way too dry before topping off. That burnt taste shouldn't be the trigger for you to add liquid. I routinely add 6 -7 drops to a 901 cart at the first hint of performance, flavor/vapor drop off. Just wet it enough so it's not pooling at the top.
I haven't had the pleasure of vaping any TW liquid yet, so I really can't help you there.

Hey Kate, yeah I actually puff pretty slow - I even give the nice 'ol primer lol.

And cage..
If 2-3 drops is 1 cigarette.. I'm smoking 3 cigarettes worth of niccotine in about 1 cart?....

smokingclam

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Punta Gorda, Florida

Anyone have any experience with the Janty MiniFogger? I've had an eye on that..
Not sure on the mini fogger but the Kissbox Classic is a great product well worth the money. My battery and cartridge work all day long on this without having to re drip.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Lol, very funny.

The best thing to do is have a quick scan of this thread for information and check out some of the links to things you want to know more about - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/2562-helpful-links-videos-new-user.html

I don't know why some people only get a few draws from a wet cartridge, I gave up on them as too much trouble and now I only drip.

I get around 10-12 draws from two drips, or five minutes vaping, that's similar to a cigarette. For nicotine calculations see the thread in the link above.

ceyhan

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2009
Miami Lakes, FL
Lol, very funny.

The best thing to do is have a quick scan of this thread for information and check out some of the links to things you want to know more about -

I don't know why some people only get a few draws from a wet cartridge, I gave up on them as too much trouble and now I only drip.

I get around 10-12 draws from two drips, or five minutes vaping, that's similar to a cigarette. For nicotine calculations see the thread in the link above.

You are a saint, lol.

I don't like the idea of 3 drops of juice = 45 cigarettes though.
That is a little scary..

I must have smoked 20 drops yesterday (refilled cart twice, 10 drops each).. about 20-30 puffs.........

ceyhan

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2009
Miami Lakes, FL
What strength nicotine are you using? 20 drops of 11mg would equal 11mg of nic or around 11 cigs.

Don't forget that your cartridge filler is retaining lots of eliquid too, you're not getting it all by the sound of it.

Smoking 18mg Strawberry E-liquid from Totally Wicked (Jason and Patti?)

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Well, 20 drops is around 1ml. Eliquid is measured in mg per ml so 18mg eliquid is 18mg of nicotine per 1ml. You used around 18mg if you had 20 drops.

Cigarettes average 1mg per cig of nicotine so you had around 18 cigs worth of nicotine.

It only gets complicated when puff counts get mixed in with the calculations. There are approximately 10-15 puffs in a cig, so it's 1mg divided by 10 or 15 to find the mg per puff. Then you have to work out how many puffs you get from your eliquid ... and we're all different so I'm going to stop now because the calculations could go on forever and still not help ;)

ceyhan

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2009
Miami Lakes, FL
Well, 20 drops is around 1ml. Eliquid is measured in mg per ml so 18mg eliquid is 18mg of nicotine per 1ml. You used around 18mg if you had 20 drops.

Cigarettes average 1mg per cig of nicotine so you had around 18 cigs worth of nicotine.

It only gets complicated when puff counts get mixed in with the calculations. There are approximately 10-15 puffs in a cig, so it's 1mg divided by 10 or 15 to find the mg per puff. Then you have to work out how many puffs you get from your eliquid ... and we're all different so I'm going to stop now because the calculations could go on forever and still not help ;)

Ahhh okay! I feel better now.
20 drops is around 1ml.. I feel MUCH better now lol.
I was thinking more like 5, or 10 for some reason.

You are aweesome! Seriously :0) Thanks! :wub:

lordmage

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2008
Dundalk,Maryland, USA

Anyone have any experience with the JANTY Mini Fogger? I've had an eye on that..
Mini fogger is even worse the smaller the device's cart the more you have to top up usually case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread